PDA

View Full Version : 2.50.3 RC1 - Combos Carry Over crash.

ShadowTiger
12-05-2016, 09:46 PM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, 16 GB RAM. 1060 Windforce video card.

I was replaying Dreams of Yesterday's redux (The link is below; more on that soon.) again for the umpteenth time, and when I get to this new area I had made in it, it crashes on entry. It didn't used to do that, and I hadn't changed a thing from when I had made it years ago. I wouldn't. It's too complex, and it's already done. So this crash is unique to either my PC or to this version.

I tested it in 2.50.3 RC1 (Just released) as well as the version prior to it, and they both crash the same way. I think I've narrowed it down to the "Combos Carry Over" checkbox being checked in the Tile Warp pane. When I unchecked it, it didn't crash on those screens. The test quest is below.

--> Test Quest (https://www.dropbox.com/s/5npkp61ymubi317/DoY250CrashTest.qst?dl=0) <--

Pretty self-explanatory. There's a signpost and a warp leading there. Go up the stairs, and when you hit the floor, it should crash immediately. Not an instant CTD, but a freeze of some sort.

I'll be at PureZC if there's any questions.

Saffith
12-05-2016, 10:44 PM
Not obviously due to any change in the code; looks like just some random memory layout change making a previously benign bug crash. Kind of surprised this wasn't caught sooner, though.
Anyway, fixed now.