PDA

View Full Version : My latest quest: Zelda NES Remastered

Nightmare
11-17-2016, 02:28 AM
I'm looking for testers. I've redone my 5th Quest to be more up to ZC Release Standard. It's supposed to deliver a quality NES-like experience.

Things that need to be tested:

1. Each difficulty mode: Easy, Normal, Kaizo. All have to be determined if they have map bugs, bad links, Kaizo Mode difficulty is hard enough, etc.
2. General Level Feel
3. Opinions on stuff.

Message me if you're interested. I'll send you the link via PM.

TK8305, Dimentio, Chris_Miller, Gleeok, anyone else, get back to me if interested.

-James

Gleeok
11-17-2016, 04:26 AM
Cool. Glad you got around to adding separate difficulties.

How is Kaizo mode this time around though? I remember New Quest 2 kaizo being somewhat unbalanced -- I went through and beat the main game with 0-deaths (no resets of course) then all of a sudden LV11 was just ridiculously impossible even by my standards, and I still say that it cannot be beaten without cheating.

Nightmare
11-17-2016, 04:36 AM
Cool. Glad you got around to adding separate difficulties.

How is Kaizo mode this time around though? I remember New Quest 2 kaizo being somewhat unbalanced -- I went through and beat the main game with 0-deaths (no resets of course) then all of a sudden LV11 was just ridiculously impossible even by my standards, and I still say that it cannot be beaten without cheating.

Sad to say, quite easy. I think (in this order from hardest to easiest) MischaPetya's, BigJoe's, the 3rd Quest's, LFF's, and Imzogelmo's Level 9's are harder than the Level 10 that shows up here. But it's there, final two levels IMO are weak. The overall level design didn't allow for too much horrendous stuff.

NQ 2 was a bit of a response to me losing my touch, but this time I had NES limitations to generally adhere to, so don't expect a lot of too nasty stuff. Lv. 11 was outright brutal, and you always have to go through 10 to get there, so you're weak by the time you get there, plus the enemies are insanely powered.

I do feel I'm losing my touch though. My IRL friend hated it (and this quest is one of my easier stuff), and I don't think it'll please my hardcore fans. But it's there. Let me know. Normal Mode's where it's at in this one.

-James

Nightmare
11-22-2016, 01:04 AM
If you want to reach me off-forum and want to talk about my quests:

https://discord.gg/6N9Nb

For Chris_Miller, tim, Gleeok, Dimentio, TK8305, or anyone else who wants to drop me a line

-James

Nightmare
12-15-2016, 09:55 PM
Out in a database near you!

-James

BurgerKingCenturion
12-25-2016, 09:30 PM
where is evetrything, secret passages, etc.

ctrl-alt-delete
02-24-2017, 06:30 AM
Nightmare, this guy wants to know where EVERYTHING is. :roflmao:

...been a long time since I've used a smiley...

Nightmare
03-29-2017, 06:22 PM
where is evetrything, secret passages, etc.

Where are you stuck?

-James

BurgerKingCenturion
03-29-2017, 07:00 PM
trying to find level 4

BurgerKingCenturion
03-29-2017, 07:15 PM
I have to find the boss key in level 4

Nightmare
04-27-2017, 06:33 AM
Patched after TK8305's Let's Play

4/27/2017: 3.1 Patch Notes:

1. Fixed a location bug on where Lv. 3 of the First Quest used to be (all difficulty levels)
2. Fixed all Moblins so you can burn them now (all difficulty levels)
3. The transistion Like-Like room with traps has been adjusted on all difficulty levels:
a. Normal Mode as enemy locations so they have less chance of eating your shield
b. Easy Mode had the number of Like-Likes reduced from 6 to 4
c. Kaizo Mode had the number of Like-Likes increased from 6 to 8 and no position flags (it's Kaizo Mode, you'd expect this here)
4. The bombable block in Lv. 9 is now visible to avoid confusion (all difficulty levels)

You can download it on http://www.zeldaclassic.com or on Pure's QDB.

-James