PDA

View Full Version : SwanSong bug?

stunt296
11-10-2016, 12:28 AM
Hey guys. I just learned about Zelda Classic (I know im late) and decided to play SwanSong. I really like this quest and want to finish it, but there seems to be a bug that's stopping me from proceeding. Basically, after level 2, I went to the fairy pond and played the ocarina, which opens a path downwards. Then the dude says he wants me to light a fire and I checked online, people have said to light the square box right under the fairy pond, but it doesn't do anything when I use the fire rod on it....It looks like I'm the only one that has this bug :/

Saffith
11-10-2016, 12:56 AM
Are you standing too close, maybe? You have to stand a tile back, so the fire stops there. If it just passes over it, it won't light.

stunt296
11-10-2016, 02:07 AM
Yeah I tried lighting it from every angle...It just won't light. I'm thinking maybe it's because I'm not using ZeldaClassic v1.92 Beta183 (the version that the quest was made with)? Unfortunately, if that's the case, then I'm screwed because I can't run that version on my PC for some reason (it just crashes when opened) and even if I do figure out a way to run it I doubt my save file can be used with it.

CrimsonPrespective
12-16-2016, 06:02 PM
when I was running windows 7 I had the same problem I was able to fix it by running it in compatability mode for windows xp sp1

ctrl-alt-delete
02-25-2017, 10:38 PM
stunt296, did you ever get this resolved? If not, did you try reading the above post to see if that works?