PDA

View Full Version : California knows how to party

Gleeok
11-09-2016, 04:18 AM
We've finally done it! The unofficial marijuana capitol of the U.S. is now officially getting the munchies that it deserves. So don't forget to bring a towel next time you stop by.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/09/us/politics/marijuana-legalization.html

Five states in total, it looks like it's passed in 3 (maybe 4?) of them so far (California, Massachusetts, Nevada and perhaps Maine). Also there's some other voting crap still going on (something about a presidential erection or whatever) but no one over here in CA cares about that right now.

Oh man, I can't wait for spring; I'm going to grow a bunch of weed! It's going to be great! :D

Chris Miller
11-09-2016, 04:29 AM
As with many pieces of legislation, there are strings attached. The next earthquake reserves the right to cause California to break off and drift away into the Pacific Ocean.

Tim
11-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Puff puff. Goodbye anxiety.

Nightmare
11-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Probably a good thing in the end Gleeok. I'm a pretty anti-drug person, but when you keep it private and the government can make money and lower our taxes, it doesn't hurt anybody. Let it go. No reason to throw people in jail for using drugs.

-James

Gleeok
11-10-2016, 05:55 AM
Probably a good thing in the end Gleeok. I'm a pretty anti-drug person, but when you keep it private and the government can make money and lower our taxes, it doesn't hurt anybody. Let it go. No reason to throw people in jail for using drugs.

-James

I always find it funny when people call weed "drugs" :P but alcohol is like a separate category and somehow better. Alcohol causes (or contributes to) about a million combined deaths and injuries each year, with another quarter of that on top of that being violent crimes. I also remember some studies showing that alcohol consumption leading to dependency and abuse from college students is actually twice that of weed.

Your right about the penal system being f*%king stupid though. I wouldn't be surprised if California ends up saving a billion or so dollars over the next 5 years just on that alone. It's a massive problem that nobody seems to want to deal with.

I realize it sounds like I'm a massive stoner right now, but that's not true at all! :P

Tim
11-10-2016, 01:07 PM
California will be too stoned to secede.

BFeely
11-10-2016, 07:01 PM
So what happens next big drought? The weed growers suck up every last drop of and laugh at the citizens' suffering?

P.S. How do you like the new $50 ammo-buying license?

Anarchy_Balsac
11-11-2016, 02:02 AM
There are 49 better states than California.

Gleeok
11-11-2016, 04:37 AM
There are 49 better states than California.

Really? Pick one from the following three:

~Mississippi
~Alabama
~Florida

Anarchy_Balsac
11-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Since they're not SJW cesspools, I'd say all 3, though my favorite of those is certainly Florida, you get past the hurricanes and it's extremely nice.

Really, fuck California/

Anarchy_Balsac
11-21-2016, 11:34 PM
Further re-enforcing my point about California being a horrible SJW dystopia:

https://www.yahoo.com/music/report-kanye-west-hospitalized-following-013456457.html

I'm not, and never have bee a big fan of Kanye, but come on, he acted far more insane 10-15 years ago, if they were so concerned about his sanity, why commit him now that he has (somewhat) calmed down? Because it's a political abuse of power, that's why. It's not even clear what he meant with his political rants or if he was being sarcastic or what have you. What IS clear, is that if they catch you not falling in line with SJW talking points in California, they MIGHT jail or institutionalize you for it, and that's pretty scary.

So if you live in California, play video games, and do NOT think you are a misogynist for it, you are now officially at risk of being jailed or institutionalized, and that's fucked up.