PDA

View Full Version : ASCII String Control Code Bug

08-27-2016, 11:26 AM
I was trying to use a color change string control code to have a differently colored number as the very first character in a string. However this is currently impossible.

My color change code:
\1\8\6

Now if I want a "5" in that color as the first character in a string I would need to do this:
\1\8\65
That makes the whole string black though.

This won't work either, because then I have a space that I don't want:
\1\8\6 5

My solution would have been to use an ASCII string control code. This here makes a 5:
\52

So I tried this:
\1\8\6\52

If I do that it looks just how I wanted it in the preview section of the message. However, when I press OK, the ASCII string control code for the "5" gets automatically replaced by an actual "5", putting me back to the original problem.

Saffith
08-27-2016, 02:41 PM
Yeah, it's annoying. Using \52 should actually work; it only replaces it with a 5 if you edit it again.
There's another way to do it. Each argument in a control code can be a maximum of five digits, so it will ignore the 5 if you enter the code as as \1\8\00006. Again, however, it'll change it to \1\8\65 if you edit the string again.

I might be able to make it smarter about that. Not too sure, but I'll try, at least.

Saffith
09-24-2016, 08:31 PM
Fixed. It will now encode numerals after control codes.