PDA

View Full Version : Metroid 2 Remake

Matteo
08-07-2016, 01:34 AM
Well, the Metroid 2 remake came out today for PC after a very long wait of about 8 years. It looks stunning. Anyone get a chance to play it yet? I haven't but I can't wait!
Link:
http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/2016/08/am2r-10-released.html?m=1

TK8305
08-07-2016, 01:48 PM
I played it! Past the 2nd Area right now! I will LP it on my channel in the near future. Want to beat it first in a test play. xD

mrz84
08-07-2016, 09:29 PM
I downloaded it, but haven't played it yet. I'm gonna do that tomorrow first chance.

Chris Miller
08-07-2016, 11:12 PM
I crushed it yesterday. It is incredibly badass.

Matteo
08-08-2016, 12:17 AM
And.... Nintendo has already gotten it taken down. 😐. Understandable but really unnecessary. Just give us another 2D Metroid (Or any real Metroid) already!

Edit:
Apparently it's still up but Nintendo filed a DMCA.

TK8305
08-08-2016, 01:59 PM
Surprise surprise.....Nintendo getting on their case. x.x;

I still have my copy and I will enjoy playing it. Although I'll have to be cautious should I attempt to LP it. >.<

SUCCESSOR
08-08-2016, 02:03 PM
Played it a bit. Amazing. Having never actually played the original I am excited to get into this.

Brasel
08-08-2016, 05:25 PM
I'm excited to give it a try. Haven't downloaded yet, but I'll probably just get it from a friend.

I'm still surprised at how Zelda Classic was featured in actual gaming publications, and has never had any issues with Nintendo.

Gleeok
08-08-2016, 10:40 PM
Yep, they pulled the download links. Nintendo is scary like the boogie-man.

Looks pretty good though. The only thing I'm not excited about is the fact it's a game-maker game, but sometimes they can occasionally run OK on this dual core 2.0 ghz machine.

ZoriaRPG
08-09-2016, 09:51 AM

Looks pretty good though. The only thing I'm not excited about is the fact it's a game-maker game, but sometimes they can occasionally run OK on this dual core 2.0 ghz machine.

This is what happens, when you give a project like this its own Twitter.

Chris Miller
08-09-2016, 01:01 PM

I was able to run and stream it at full speed with a core 2 duo laptop, so it ought to run on any old computer. Nintendo isn't too bright if they think they can stop the spread of it. There are too many people who have it and can slap it up on mediafire or torrent for anyone to download.

Matteo
08-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Well I finally got a chance to play it a bit (I'm 1:35 in) and it exceeds all expectations.

It's AAA quality. I'm completely blown away. The game so far is a masterpiece.

Happy Anniversary Metroid!

Thank you Milton Guasti.

TheDarkOne
09-24-2016, 02:37 PM
I've been playing this for a while now and I'm loving it. I had the original Metroid II when it came out, and I liked it because it was Metroid. Super Metroid was and still is IMO the best Metroid game (Fusion and Zero Mission were okay but they weren't quite as good), and this one integrated the features that made that game great very well (not the least of which was the map). Also noted is the addition of new sub-bosses (I am currently stuck fighting the one at the exit of area 2). This game is great. I know Nintendo probably has a copyright issue, but since this game is public domain, I don't think it's a violation.

mrz84
09-24-2016, 08:14 PM
http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/

The second update down. Nintendo hit him officially with a DMCA take down at this personal email. Aside from the newest post having links to the game's soundtrack (which I've downloaded), he has said he will not be doing any more work on the game, updates or otherwise. He has gone on to say to not hate Nintendo and to buy the original Metroid 2 in the eshop to show support for 2D platformers.

Kinda sucks, but at least it got finished. Unlike some other fan remakes (Chrono Trigger 3D anyone?)

TK8305
09-25-2016, 01:15 PM
I LP'd AM2R on my channel! Won't go up till late October though. xD

King Aquamentus
09-26-2016, 05:13 PM
anyone else seriously jamming to the second tunnel theme? the one that plays in the second half?

TheDarkOne
10-02-2016, 06:47 PM
Awesome music throughout the whole thing. That was another thing I enjoyed about Super Metroid also. Especially the music from when you first enter Brinstar.