PDA

View Full Version : F12 Screensot w/LensOn = Black Image

ZoriaRPG
08-04-2016, 06:39 AM
Reported by Alucard648:

http://www.purezc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=70437

If the player is using the Lens of Truth, screenshots are black.

I believe this is intentional, to prevent cheating the lens cost.

Tamamo
08-10-2016, 09:02 AM
I will have to look at the code for it, but yes I do believe that it's intentional to not cheat the lens cost. Never the less any suggestions are welcomed on improving the lens system.

ZoriaRPG
08-11-2016, 05:18 AM
I will have to look at the code for it, but yes I do believe that it's intentional to not cheat the lens cost. Never the less any suggestions are welcomed on improving the lens system.

Improving the lens... The most common request that I get, is to add setter/getter functions to ZScript. bool LensOn, or bool LensOn(int size), something like that. The other, is a way to more precisely define what it reveals. Of course, all the items with a constant magic drain, people want to be able to set cost per some specified duration, instead of per frame.

Scripting costs is easy enough, but people who want to use only editor properties, complain.

I don't think it would be too hard to flip the lens on and off with ZScript though. I added a LensOn var to one of my 2.x work files, probably back in April, with the intent of working on that, but that's all a topic best served in zc dev discussion.

I'm 90% certain this is not a bug, but it was reported as one, so all I can really do is follow up on it when I have the time.