PDA

View Full Version : DrawZOffset/HitZOffset Need to be Unlinked & Disgonal hookshot

ZoriaRPG
07-26-2016, 08:30 AM
Recovering from archives, two issues to correct:

We need to unlink DrawZOffset and HitZOffset, giving each its own reg per class.

See: http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?97305-DrawZOffset-and-HitZOffset

The hookshot does not respect its diagonal movement properties:

See: http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?97458-Diagonal-Hookshot-No-grabby

Mitsukara
08-14-2016, 12:06 PM
A diagonal hookshot? That sounds hard to program, but that'd open up some pretty great puzzles. I managed to script a hookshot (using LW_HOOKSHOT) that wraps around the edge of the screen to grab something behind you (with a wall in between you and the post for maximum reason-to-do-that), and it mostly works, except that Link gets pulled directly to the hookshot post (so my wraparound hookshot goes off the edge of the screen, reaches a hookshot target behind Link, then Link moves backwards through the wall to get to the hookshot. Also I have to move him a little bit so he isn't standing on the post afterwards, if it's solid.). So I suspect it's mostly a matter of getting the hookshot to move that way, and then it will probably pull him mostly correcty?

The hookshot always seems like some of the stiffest weapon coding though, since it goes way back to like 1.60 or something like that- I think it was one of Dark Nation's first big additions as new project leader, and expanded a lot of interest in ZC To begin with, because it's such an iconic Zelda thing to be able to use in quests. But that also means it's some of the oldest source code. (it also has this weird, slightly annoying thing where it acts more specifically "left handed" than any other lweapon, moving off to Link's left when he faces up and to the right when he faces down- and you can't even fix it with offsets.) Still, since it's X/Y can be moved by scripts, and it adheres to jumping, I suspect it could be made to move diagonally.

ZoriaRPG
08-14-2016, 03:55 PM
A diagonal hookshot? That sounds hard to program, but that'd open up some pretty great puzzles. I managed to script a hookshot (using LW_HOOKSHOT) that wraps around the edge of the screen to grab something behind you (with a wall in between you and the post for maximum reason-to-do-that), and it mostly works, except that Link gets pulled directly to the hookshot post (so my wraparound hookshot goes off the edge of the screen, reaches a hookshot target behind Link, then Link moves backwards through the wall to get to the hookshot. Also I have to move him a little bit so he isn't standing on the post afterwards, if it's solid.). So I suspect it's mostly a matter of getting the hookshot to move that way, and then it will probably pull him mostly correcty?

The hookshot always seems like some of the stiffest weapon coding though, since it goes way back to like 1.60 or something like that- I think it was one of Dark Nation's first big additions as new project leader, and expanded a lot of interest in ZC To begin with, because it's such an iconic Zelda thing to be able to use in quests. But that also means it's some of the oldest source code. (it also has this weird, slightly annoying thing where it acts more specifically "left handed" than any other lweapon, moving off to Link's left when he faces up and to the right when he faces down- and you can't even fix it with offsets.) Still, since it's X/Y can be moved by scripts, and it adheres to jumping, I suspect it could be made to move diagonally.

The bug is that the head doesn't latch onto targets if it has a diagonal direction. See the links in the topic, if you're curious, but that's mainly the thing preventing diagonal shots.