PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Quest VII

mrz84
07-18-2016, 11:09 PM
Completely forgot this game was coming out in the next few months. Its the only game in the series aside from X (MMO exclusive to Japan) that I haven't played yet.

Video posted by Nintendo in the last week below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrxt4onVw7w

And let's not forget Dragon Quest VIII is also being released on the 3DS by year's end in the US.

What are your thoughts? Are you a fan of this long running RPG series? Which game(s) are your favorites?

Personally my fav is Dragon Quest IV (both the original NES and the DS remake versions)

Matteo
08-06-2016, 04:54 AM
Currently playing fan translated DQIII for Super Famicom. My favorite is V though. Though VII remake could just might give it a run for it's money. I love DQ games but I hate the archaic save system. Heard they fixed this with VII on the DS!

Nightmare
08-20-2016, 08:49 AM
Might request it as a Christmas gift for me. See no reason to get it at release, though I do want to play it.

-James

Gleeok
08-21-2016, 05:36 AM
I could never get through VII on the PS1. The problem is that it is ridiculously long, and by that I mean doing anything except going from A to B in the story type stuff is exhausting. Even the way player classes work is just way too much. Just to put it into perspective: It took speed-runners years to get a time of about 16 hours, and that is representing complete memorization of the game straight through the story without dialogs or random grinding. If you owned this on PSX before gamefaq was a thing and without a strategy guide, we're talking like 120+ hours up to like 400 hours depending on completion% and how many random fragments you missed.

mrz84
09-14-2016, 11:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPhVhQZUCpM

Sorry, couldn't resist, what with the release being Friday. This little joke would have been better if I had started with Day 1 yesterday...but Xenoblade Chronicles X had me by the nerts all day so you start on Day 2! :pbbbt: