PDA

View Full Version : Global Arrays...

CSD
07-17-2016, 05:00 PM
Hopefully you guys will be able to verify this one... >_>

If you end game during the opening wipe of the first run of a quest, global arrays will never dimension. Particularly noticeable with ghost.zh enemies, which never do anything. But you can't fix it b/c I'm making a quest where you play as missingno and you have to abuse glitches to beat it.

--

Speaking of ghost.zh, I might have found a bug in that, I'm not sure? There's a line, it's in there twice, which reads:

// Too close to Link
else if(Abs(ComboX(i)-Link->X)<32 && Abs(ComboY(i)-Link->Y))

Shouldn't there be another <32 in there? TBH I have no idea what &&ing an integer actually does. :p
So if that's a bug you should pass it along to whoever wrote it.

Saffith
07-17-2016, 05:13 PM
Global arrays are allocated and initialized before you're able to do anything. Did you continue an existing saved game after changing the quest's scripts?

Shouldn't there be another <32 in there?
... Yep, that's a bug. Nothing critical, fortunately, but I'll fix it.

CSD
07-17-2016, 05:23 PM
It's every quest that uses global arrays. End Game and continue or save during the opening wipe and they're all size 1 forever for that save. I could make a video for that too if you want, lol. I first noticed this in light of the heavens 3.0, confirmed it in my own quest, and in quest for hookshot 2. I added a check if SizeOfArray is incorrect to the top of my global script; I can trip that code easy every time if I want.

Edit - OK here's that it looks like, I should have showed a broken ghost enemy but ehhhhh - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLRKovgCyo

Saffith
07-17-2016, 06:06 PM
Nope, can't reproduce it. If you delete or move zc.sav and start a whole new save file, does that make any difference?
There was a problem a while back (until build 1341) with global arrays being saved incorrectly and screwing up every other saved game. Maybe this is a similar issue.

Edit: I tried a few more times, and now I can reproduce it... But not in 2.50.1, so it seems to be a recent issue.

CSD
07-17-2016, 06:15 PM
Fresh install zc2.50.2 from http://www.purezc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=68548&page=1 -- Still occurs.

What is going on :[

Saffith
07-17-2016, 06:35 PM
I see what happened now. Has to do with the change allowing the game to be quit or reset when a script hangs. As part of that, it isn't supposed to run scripts for the rest of the frame after a quit request, but that was also being triggered by continuing. Fixed now.

CSD
07-17-2016, 06:45 PM
(I just want to make it clear, Save also causes it, not just continue. The problem was F6 vs. F9, not continue vs. quit.)

Now that I know it's not just me I'm clear to use this in my speedruns right?

Now that that's settled, here's more!!!
I have lots of dumb little grievances I mostly don't bother to bring up.
If you jump into a screen transition over water, Link is drawn swimming for 1 frame.
And it bugs me that the lens flickers and that link->jump is zeroed (combos affect midair link on) when you hit a reset room combo. At least the jump thing I was able to script a fix.
More where those came from but you probably have better things to do.

Saffith
07-17-2016, 06:54 PM
Not a problem. The same fix applies to both.

CSD
07-17-2016, 07:06 PM
I figured; just wanted to make sure. :p