PDA

View Full Version : The NES Returns...

mrz84
07-14-2016, 02:37 PM
I'm just gonna leave this here. You all can probably guess my take on this.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendos-nes-returning-with-mini-version-includes/1100-6441801/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=homepage

King Aquamentus
07-17-2016, 06:54 PM
I can so see this being the subject of a youtube poop

The king buys a MiniNES, plays a few games, then gets bored and wants to play something else. He keeps listing off a bunch of games not in the collection and Gwonam (Squadelah guy) keeps saying "There is no x"

"Enough. I want to play Life Force"

"There is no Life Force"

"Enough, I want to play Bart vs The Space Mutants"

"There is no Bart vs The Space Mutants"

"Enough, I want to play Battletoads"

"There is no Battletoads"

"Enough, I want to play Power Blade"

"There is no Power Blade"...

and the joke just keeps going

TheDarkOne
07-18-2016, 03:06 PM
What? It has Double Dragon II: The Revenge but not the original Double Dragon? What gives?

ZoriaRPG
07-18-2016, 07:26 PM
What, it has no cartridge slot? :p

Honestly...

mrz84
07-18-2016, 08:28 PM
Well to be fair Zoria, the "console" itself is as big as 2 cartridges stacked on top of another...Still...$60 for what is about $120 on the Wii U/3DS VC seems neat. Though I'll probably only get one for my nephew so he can try the classics as he grows up (just like I did)

King Aquamentus
07-18-2016, 09:42 PM
Double Dragon II is remembered on the NES much better than the original, which did not allow for two-player co-op like the arcade. This is probably why.

edit: btw this "console" comes with a USB cable to plug into a USB power adaptor, but no power adaptor of any sort.

mrz84
07-18-2016, 11:14 PM
I believe its similar to the Plug-and-play consoles. So however those work (my guess is that it gets power from whatever TV its hooked up to? :shrug: I've never had a P-n-P before so I wouldn't know for sure)