PDA

View Full Version : I got a 2DS at a rummage sale, and the touch screen won't work.

VEL
07-04-2016, 05:03 PM
I went to some rummage sales yesterday. I bought a used 2DS for $25..... I should have inspected it better, the touchscreen doesn't really work. I tried cleaning around the edges with a toothbrush, and using other things. Sometimes it will get better or worse, then I clean it more, I spent hours trying to get it to work using methods I found on the internet. I don't know if just cleaning it ALOT will even get it working or not.... Blah my stupid OCD is driving me nuts over this. I can usually get it to play games that don't need the touch screen much, though it can sometimes take awhile.

Anyone have a list of 3DS games that can be played without a touchscreen?

ZoriaRPG
07-05-2016, 07:24 AM
I went to some rummage sales yesterday. I bought a used 2DS for $25..... I should have inspected it better, the touchscreen doesn't really work. I tried cleaning around the edges with a toothbrush, and using other things. Sometimes it will get better or worse, then I clean it more, I spent hours trying to get it to work using methods I found on the internet. I don't know if just cleaning it ALOT will even get it working or not.... Blah my stupid OCD is driving me nuts over this. I can usually get it to play games that don't need the touch screen much, though it can sometimes take awhile.

Anyone have a list of 3DS games that can be played without a touchscreen?

I expect you mean that you picked up a 3DS, not a 2DS. :p

The Atari arcade classic collection is on the top of my list. I don't recall that needing the touch panel.

Compiles short list...

Fnal Fantasy 3, 4; Adventure 1, 2; Tactics 1, 2
Dungeon Explorer
Age of Empires
Need for Speed ProStreet
Chessmaster
Yu-Gi-Oh 2008
Animal Crossing
Pokemon
Orcs & Elves
Fire Emblem
Chrono Trigger
Worms 2
Order of Ecclesia
Contra 4
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Lego Star Wars
Super Mario 64
Phoenix Wright
Bleach DS / Dark Souls
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Custom Robo Arena
Mario Kart
Metriod Pinball
Disgaea DS
Advance Wars
Sonic Rush
New Super Mario Bros.
Tetris and Dr.Mario
Henry Hatsworth
Izuna
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier
Mega Man Battle Network 5
Devil Survivor
Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
Radiant Historia
Suikoden Tierkreis
Yoshi's Island DS
Luminous Arc 1, 2
Mega Man Zero Collection
Gundam 00
Rune Factory
Space Invaders Extreme
Tetris
Soma Bringer
Geometry Wars
Jump Ultimate Stars

Sources: escapistmagazine.com, gamefaqs.com, gbatemp.net

Some of these need it for optional content, and a few may need it on the start screen.

Tamamo
07-05-2016, 08:09 AM
Radiant Historia

You get a cookie ZoriaRPG

King Aquamentus
07-05-2016, 05:00 PM

No.
http://www.nintendo.com/images/page/3ds/hero/nintendo-2ds-red.png

VEL
07-05-2016, 05:53 PM

It's a 2DS, it was made after the 3DS, and it plays 3DS games, but has no 3d function.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_2DS

Thanks for the list, but that seems to be DS games, and I was wondering what 3DS games there are that don't need a touch screen, I have some 3DS games, and it seems like Donkey Kong Country Returns doesn't need it, and New Super Mario Bros. 2 can be played without it, but some things won't work like world selection.

I already have multiple DS and DS lites from rummage sales, so I can play DS games on some of those fine. I do have a DS lite with a broken touch screen though, so that list will be handy.

Tamamo
07-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Because 3D is silly

Tim
07-06-2016, 09:44 AM
I barely ever use the 3D function on my DS.

My eyes; they burn already.

VEL
07-06-2016, 04:57 PM
I'm still trying to clean around the edges to get the touch screen to work. Yesterday it was constantly going off and kept selecting things I didn't want it to... luckily I found a way to temporarily disable the touch function (I slid some paper under the screen edge).

I barely ever use the 3D function on my DS.

My eyes; they burn already.
I've used it while playing the demo units at stores and thought it looked cool. I also use to play Virtual Boy.

Because 3D is silly
4D is where it's at! Tesseracts rule!

ZoriaRPG
07-06-2016, 05:02 PM
2DS: It looks like a Gameboy mated with a Tiger Electronics handheld game. First time seeing this.

Tim
07-06-2016, 06:52 PM
Virtual Boy: Home laser eye surgery kit.

I think I saw one in Toys R Us once or twice and I got a headache.

The 3D concept is cool, I just barely use it.

VEL
07-07-2016, 03:21 PM
2DS: It looks like a Gameboy mated with a Tiger Electronics handheld game. First time seeing this.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/af/Tiger-Game-Com-FL.jpg/792px-Tiger-Game-Com-FL.jpg
I think I have two of these.

ZoriaRPG
07-11-2016, 02:00 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/af/Tiger-Game-Com-FLge.jpg/792px-Tiger-Game-Com-FL.jpg
I think I have two of these.

hah. Now, those I have seen before, however, those still look more like a Gameboy, and less like an old Tiger tossaway.

Nightmare
08-20-2016, 08:50 AM
VEL, where do you live? I know a person who fixes DS's for like $45-$50 if you need it done.

-James

VEL
09-06-2016, 02:45 PM
VEL, where do you live? I know a person who fixes DS's for like $45-$50 if you need it done.

-James

Thanks, but I don't plan on getting it fixed right now (though in the future I might try to fix it myself). I don't play games as much as I used too, and I still have alot of games I haven't played yet. I usually only buy games when I see them at rummage sales or on clearance.