PDA

View Full Version : Get/SetDMapScreenDoors()

ZoriaRPG
07-01-2016, 11:48 PM
Just a reminder, mainly to meself, but also to the others working on this, that we absolutely need to add a way to get/set Screen->Door[] for any DMap/Screen.

We also need Get/SetDMapScreenState(), as at present we only do this via maps, although GetDMapOffset() should permit using DMaps for this. It's just strange that GetDMapScreenDuses a DMap ID, but secrets uses a map number, as if anyone needs to get/set them based on Maps instead of DMaps.

Tamamo
07-13-2016, 12:50 AM
Pretty sure that can be done, but it might be unpredictable in non dungeon maps.
Also I second GetDMapOffset
Most of this stuff should be found in maps.cpp IIRC.

ZoriaRPG
07-17-2016, 07:38 PM
I already added a function for it to zscript: In fact, they're in those files that I sent you links to read. :kitty:

It needs testing at some point when the zscripts additions are rolled together into a build, but it should work, as it does the same thing as Get/SetDMapScreenD. I suppose I coud/should do GetSetScreenDoors in addition to DMapScreenDoors to match the Screen-D stuff.

Next Up

Game->GetHighestDMap()
Game->GetHighestMap()

At present, we need to set these per quest with constants, and users may not do that when it's mandatory. These would be generally useful for anything that iterates based on DMaps/Maps.

(I know that I do that, with regularity.)