PDA

View Full Version : So what are the plans for 3.x

Tamamo
06-10-2016, 12:11 AM
What's the plan Saffith you got one yet?
I got mine, the first of which is bug fixing.

spw_floater
Can move pass dungeon borders provided the walls are walkable and not No Flying Enemies combos. FIXED
Patras
1. Killing a segment will cause the enemies following it to stop moving, also effects manhandlas. FIXED
2. BS Patras are hardcoded and lack custom options. Their step is always 25 for example.
Hookshot
Broken as fuck. :bomb:
Link Animations
ZQuest animation Preview doesn't match animation playback

Saffith
06-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Right now, my only goal is to get the code to a more maintainable state without breaking things. That's going to involve undoing some of the recent attempts to rewrite things.
I don't object to fixing problems in general, but doing so without breaking any existing quests is nearly impossible. That was one of the major reasons for moving to AngelScript: if object behaviors are part of the quest file, future updates won't break it.

Tamamo
06-10-2016, 01:31 PM
Yeah I'm pretty much thinking the same thing. I plan on rewriting enemies eventually. Their code is just way too unstable.
You've done a good job so far. Abstracting out the projectile code was probably the best idea ever.

Tamamo
06-12-2016, 01:03 PM
Saffith
Currently working on the numerous hookshot bugs of which there are many.
1. No Diagonal Grabbing Allowed (buggy but implemented)
2. Chain Glitches when you move link with zscript (removed for now)
3. Hookshot keeps moving when you grab a HSGrab combo. (fixed, actually all I had to do was remove my old code for the chain glitch fix. gonna have to do something else.)