PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Love

CSD
06-01-2016, 12:55 PM
The Nayru's Love leaving and returning thingies keep going forever. If you wait around long enough (a couple minutes with the frame limit off), they'll fly past the screen again eventually. If you keep casting more and more of them, the game starts to behave a little weirdly... Most items don't work; sometimes instead of your sword or the wand you'll fire one off those Nayru's thingies instead. It's funny to see the little blue balls I have set up shooting out like sword beams, lol. I don't know if any other items are similarly glitched.

(Let me know if you need some help to verify.)

Tamamo
06-01-2016, 01:12 PM
o_O

Yeah, your OS what be nice.

CSD
06-01-2016, 01:50 PM
Win 10. Lemme get up a video shows what I mean. Note that my computer really doesn't like me recording while the frame limit is off...

Yeah here's what it looks like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfvJ6_BYVr4

Tamamo
06-02-2016, 08:19 AM
CSD
The Phantom weapons are most likely not being destroyed correctly then.
Gleeok
You wanna take a look at this first? I'll probably won't be able to until next week sometime. Gotta reinstall boost because problems.
Speaking of Boost why the hell are we using this again? I almost never see any function calls from it.
Also MinGW & MSYS for the win.

Saffith
06-02-2016, 05:22 PM
The ZC version would be more helpful. Is this latest or 2.50.something?
Is the quest rule "Weapons With No Collision Detection Move Offscreen" enabled? (Or maybe this is a version before that was added?) Are there any scripts that might be interfering?

Speaking of Boost why the hell are we using this again?
Because lambda functions make Gleeok's compiler cry.

Gleeok
06-02-2016, 08:13 PM
The Nayru's Love leaving and returning thingies keep going forever. If you wait around long enough (a couple minutes with the frame limit off), they'll fly past the screen again eventually. If you keep casting more and more of them, the game starts to behave a little weirdly... Most items don't work; sometimes instead of your sword or the wand you'll fire one off those Nayru's thingies instead. It's funny to see the little blue balls I have set up shooting out like sword beams, lol. I don't know if any other items are similarly glitched.

(Let me know if you need some help to verify.)

In other words, you're saying that Nayru's Love can go all night long? :)

Because lambda functions make Gleeok's compiler cry.

I still have yet to witness one single useful addition to the c++ spec since the cavemen used it to design the wheel. All they manage to do is add bloat and increase compile times... D: Just to put it into perspective: My side projects actually never ever include a single c++ or c header file. In fact, I have it set up so that you get a compile error if you try to include one (to prevent accidental includes [and yes I still get intrinsics and vectorization]). Just in case you think I'm completely out of my mind here I'll tell you that for my shooter project it takes 0.8 seconds to compile, whatever the graphics driver spends on creating an opengl context, and about 0.2 seconds to load everything, which is the exact amount of time it takes me to reach over and pick up my gamepad.

Tamamo : Yeah, I'm still going to make boost optional, I just sorta haven't gotten around to it yet.... :/

Also, Hitler on c++:

ND-TuW0KIgg

Tamamo
06-03-2016, 08:37 AM
I hate the lack of modules as much as the next person and would love to add Modules to ZScript. But that would definitely take a completely rewrite of the ZASM language.

Refresh my Memory a bit, but are we still planning to add Angelscript or some other Scripting Language later on?

CSD
06-03-2016, 09:07 PM
I clicked "about" and it says 2.50 build 29. I know lens always revealing raft bounce is fixed in whatever version I have. (I haven't been paying attention enough to know if there are newer builds out there somewhere.) Weapons with no collision moving offscreen is enabled. Disabling it did not prevent this glitch from happening. There is a global script running but it's not relevant. I created a new quest, the only edit I made was to enable cheats, and then went right ingame, and the glitch occurs.

Saffith
06-04-2016, 01:20 PM
You'd probably know if you were running latest, so that ought to be 2.50.2. Strange, though... That seems like something that should be easy to reproduce, but I can't. Could you provide a demo quest? I don't know what else to say.

I still have yet to witness one single useful addition to the c++ spec since the cavemen used it to design the wheel.
Heck, who needs C++ at all? There's nothing it can do that can't be done in assembly.

I didn't mean to start an argument here, anyway. We just have different ways of doing things. So it goes.

Yeah, I'm still going to make boost optional, I just sorta haven't gotten around to it yet.... :/
I do actually plan to remove it. Still just having a hard time doing stuff.

Refresh my Memory a bit, but are we still planning to add Angelscript or some other Scripting Language later on?
Yeah. It's just become a bit lower of a priority recently.

CSD
06-10-2016, 07:25 PM
OK so I said "new quest," clicked Z3-like, added nayrus, the light force ring, and some magic to the init data. I don't know how me making the quest instead of you will change the results. cavehelp.webs.com/test.qst

While I'm here I'll mention the two most annoying bugs that keep cropping up... One figures you guys probably know about these.
- The midi bug. Much rarer than it used to be, maybe happens once or twice in 20 hours of playing a quest, but I thought this thing had been fixed long ago?
- The UI tends to stop listening to the keyboard after a while. Makes continue warping take much longer. Really annoying when you're trying to enter a cheat code and have to restart the program. (Though at this point I just use MHS to lock the value to 4 at all times lol.)

I know you'd rather have separate threads but this is probably it for me here for a while. Happy debugging :p.

Saffith
06-10-2016, 07:51 PM
I don't know how me making the quest instead of you will change the results.
It's the easiest way to make sure we're looking at the same thing and that there isn't some detail you overlooked. But I'm still not seeing it, either in 2.50.x or latest, so... Hmm. It seems unlikely that this would be something OS-specific, but clearly something is different. I'll look at it some more.
If anyone else can confirm it in the meantime, that would be helpful.

- The midi bug. Much rarer than it used to be, maybe happens once or twice in 20 hours of playing a quest, but I thought this thing had been fixed long ago?
No idea. Any particular MIDIs it happens with more often than others?

- The UI tends to stop listening to the keyboard after a while. Makes continue warping take much longer. Really annoying when you're trying to enter a cheat code and have to restart the program. (Though at this point I just use MHS to lock the value to 4 at all times lol.)
That one's an Allegro bug. I don't know if we can work around it.

CSD
06-10-2016, 08:55 PM
I think it was the desert dungeon in Hero of Dreams it first happened to me, and then it happened two more three times? (I think this is the Sky Dungeon from Minish Cap?). So it might happen more often with some midis than with others? And it's happened a number of other times in other songs on other quests, but I didn't write anything down.

ZoriaRPG
06-18-2016, 06:04 AM
OK so I said "new quest," clicked Z3-like, added nayrus, the light force ring, and some magic to the init data. I don't know how me making the quest instead of you will change the results. cavehelp.webs.com/test.qst

While I'm here I'll mention the two most annoying bugs that keep cropping up... One figures you guys probably know about these.

I know you'd rather have separate threads but this is probably it for me here for a while. Happy debugging :p.

The KB issue is an Allegro bug that affects Win 7, and later; and Linux builds IIRC. I have plans to update Allegro to the latest 4.4x release, as this may fix that problem; but really, the present patch-y workarounds may prove detremental if we go to 4.4x, so....it's a long road.

What specific MIDI issue do you encounter in 2.50.2?

Tamamo
06-18-2016, 09:15 AM
ZoriaRPG
I'm honest surprised they haven't updated it themselves.

CSD
06-18-2016, 03:52 PM
The midi stops playing, usually there's a note playing and it just holds that note forever. This occurs maybe once or twice a quest. It starts working again once you encounter another midi or something.

Saffith
07-13-2016, 05:41 PM
I didn't think to ask before: this happens in all quests, right? If it happens in a quest where you've done nothing but give Link Nayru's Love, I would expect it to happen everywhere.

Tamamo
07-13-2016, 05:45 PM
I'm actually having trouble reproducing this, have you been able to Saffith?

ZoriaRPG
07-14-2016, 03:52 AM
HoD had plenty of MIDI issues on 2.10, so it's entirely possible that Shoelace used MIDI files that have some kind of faults, or it could be something carried over in 2.10 quests to 2.5. Might want to check that.

Tamamo
07-14-2016, 09:00 AM
I was talking about the Nayrus love glitch, the midi bug is an allegro thing and I go no where near it.

CSD
07-17-2016, 04:42 PM
The midi bug has happened in 2.5 quests about as often. Has it happened to other people? Because it seems crazy to me that nobody else would have mentioned it. And the Nayru's thing shouldn't be hard to verify either... What's weird about my machine? Is it the win 10 IDK?

Saffith
07-17-2016, 05:07 PM
It does happen in every quest, then? I really have no idea what the problem might be. It shouldn't be simply a Windows 10 thing, since no one else has mentioned it, but I can't think of much else.

CSD
07-17-2016, 05:33 PM
Yeah it's every quest. I confirmed it in Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2... Maybe I should redownload zc or something... maybe I somehow changed some stupid minor thing IDK. (OK I went ahead and confirmed it on a fresh download of 2.50.2.)

Saffith
07-18-2016, 05:13 PM
Din's Fire and Farore's Wind don't have similar issues, do they?

CSD
07-18-2016, 09:30 PM
Never tried. FW warps you so it's not likely to cause problems (perhaps unless you were to make it not warp you for some reason), but I'll try Din's.

Nope, nothing with Din's.

Saffith
07-18-2016, 10:53 PM
All right, could you try this? https://www.dropbox.com/s/0b7k3lq2uy0275u/zelda-w.exe
That'll log a bunch of stuff to allegro.log when you use Nayru's Love. Would you show me the output? It will be very long.

CSD
07-19-2016, 07:30 AM
Uh, I used it a few times b/c you need to see the trails building up over time and uh... maybe this file is bigger than you were expecting...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/643qcu8p98i3oq2/allegro.log

Saffith
07-19-2016, 10:19 AM
And now I realize I misunderstood the problem and it's actually really simple. :p Fixed now, in any case. Thanks for helping out with that.

CSD
07-19-2016, 10:56 AM
Lol. But why couldn't anybody verify it lol.

Tamamo
07-19-2016, 12:04 PM
You know what CSD I'm going to address this in another topic. Since there's a lot of things I want to go over.

Tamamo
07-19-2016, 01:09 PM
Saffith
What's interested, is that I was the first to mention Phantom weapons.