PDA

View Full Version : Hammer Behaviour Has Changed (breaks quests)

babblingidiot
04-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Re: Link's Birthday DX

:angryfire::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead ::angryfire:

I have hunted through this forum to see if the issue has been addresses. I am sorry if I have missed it. Also please excuse me 'tude. I got a mega one.

Alrighty then, In the super bomb dungeon, one of the puzzles is not doable with my hammer, period. I have looked at a couple videos and it appears others hammer will reach across the white blocks, making the puzzle doable.

I am using 2.5 or is that 2.50 - who cares.
Oh I am using the linux version.

Is there a cheat or an easy way to do this? do I actually need this dungeon to finish the game? And any other answers to unwritten questions that could be offered.

babblingidiot
04-06-2016, 03:56 PM
Never mind about the blue disc, Know what it for now. And likely I can finish this game with out the one in the super bomb dungeon. But just maybe. You can answer this issue for other people that may have the problem in the future since I already posted it...

I'm outta here. Thanks any-ways...

Saffith
07-14-2016, 01:12 AM
The hammer's reach does seem to have been reduced slightly. It can't reach across a half-solid combo to the left anymore. This is going to be another compatibility rule, isn't it?

ZoriaRPG
07-14-2016, 03:47 AM
The hammer's reach does seem to have been reduced slightly. It can't reach across a half-solid combo to the left anymore. This is going to be another compatibility rule, isn't it?

I suggest making it an item editor property, although IDK if that's as practical for this type of problem.

Did this creep into being when you fixed being able tochange Link's direction while the hammer is out/charging? If so, that whole change would be a good QR. I seem to recall someone saying that that idiotic hammer glitch is required for something, but it's so silly that I wasn't about to reward that kind of bad design with a new rule.

LBDX... The quest author could also fix this.

Tamamo
07-14-2016, 09:07 AM
Just to let you know, your one short Saffith, I took one already for another Compatibility.

Saffith
07-14-2016, 02:03 PM
I'm inclined to just extend the reach a bit. It's asymmetrical as it is, and it's unlikely it would break any quests. But that certainly doesn't mean people won't complain about it.

Edit: Actually, the problem in this case has to do with the hammer not reaching far enough upward, and that's already been fixed. Maybe he's using RC5.
I'm just gonna adjust it a bit without a rule. There'll be an RC version; if anyone wants to object, they can do it then.

ZoriaRPG
07-26-2016, 08:32 AM
I'm inclined to just extend the reach a bit. It's asymmetrical as it is, and it's unlikely it would break any quests. But that certainly doesn't mean people won't complain about it.

Edit: Actually, the problem in this case has to do with the hammer not reaching far enough upward, and that's already been fixed. Maybe he's using RC5.
I'm just gonna adjust it a bit without a rule. There'll be an RC version; if anyone wants to object, they can do it then.

While you are on the hammer... Did you address this in 2.50.2:

http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?97241-Hammer-Pounding-effect-can-be-in-wrong-location

Saffith
07-26-2016, 12:09 PM
No. I could, I guess. It's not really hard, just kind of annoying, because it involves duplicating the position calculation.

ZoriaRPG
07-26-2016, 05:58 PM
No. I could, I guess. It's not really hard, just kind of annoying, because it involves duplicating the position calculation.

Whatever clears it from the slate, would work IMO.

I was going over the archived bugs, and these few stood out as seemingly 'not addressed'. There are others, but they seem OS or system-implementation specific, sor just Allegro-related, uch as the controller binding issue, and trackpad/input-eating reports. I would have unarchived them instead of refiling, but I can't do that, so this was the best way to handle it.