PDA

View Full Version : OPINION: Voice Acting In Games

TheDarkOne
01-22-2016, 03:27 PM
Okay, there are so many games out there with voice acting--sometimes with big names and sometimes with people you've never heard of (and in many cases, both). So what I want to discuss here is what you all think is some of the best and the worst video game voice acting.

For the worst, I would have said the first two Resident Evil games (the voice acting did start to get better around 3, though admittedly that's not saying much), but then I played the two Resident Evil Outbreak games and they are just as bad if not worse. But even they can't compare to the Konquest Mode on Mortal Kombat: Deception. I've been to elementary school plays with better acting.

Tamamo
01-22-2016, 06:55 PM
Bowser's voice actor from super mario sunshine

TheDarkOne
01-23-2016, 01:23 PM
Bowser's voice actor from super mario sunshineHaven't played that one. Is it good or bad?

It's hard to say what I think is the best one. There are many of them with decent voice acting but I can't think of any that stand out above the rest, at least not out of the ones I've played.

Tamamo
01-23-2016, 01:32 PM
it''s terrible

mrz84
01-23-2016, 02:50 PM
John Swasey does some good voice work (not only in the few games he's voiced in - one of which is Borderlands 2 - but also in a TON of anime, but I'll stop myself before I get off topic).

As long as it doesn't come off as forced, I'm ok with it (and as long as it doesn't detract from the game in some way)

TheDarkOne
01-23-2016, 06:52 PM
Okay, I've gone through a bunch of games. I'm going to throw out these as good ones:

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (both I & II)
Final Fantasy IV DS
Neverwinter Nights
and I haven't played this one but I've seen it, Batman: Arkham City.