PDA

View Full Version : [RPG] Sword & Sorcery 2

Tamamo
01-18-2016, 11:51 PM
Sitting in a tavern--the Filthy Rabbit--whose primary theme is skimpily-dressed waitresses wearing bunny-ear headbands--you patiently await your DRINK and your ORDER as you review the victories of your last score. Maybe you're counting your money. Maybe you're looking over that mysterious trinket you found. I don't know, I'm not omniscient.
At the end of the bar lies a strange man dress completely in back with a wide brim hat, gloves, and BIRD MASK and red tinted glasses. He's been staring at a glass of water but hasn't taken a drank for the last half hour.
Alternatively In the corner is a mysteriously beautiful woman drawing attention from the MALE crowd with her figure. Although she seems to have her mind somewhere else.
Who are you, what brought you here, and most important of all what will you do?

==================================================
Goals:
In an effort to keep my creative writing skills sharp, scratch my itch to get a role-playing game started again, and generate activity for AGN, I am starting the second sword & sorcery game. Let's do this shit. As for CJC he's been MIA for 2 months.
As the thread title suggests this particular RPG will be fantasy themed.

Mechanics:
In short, there are none. The goal of the game is to tell a collective story and have fun. On each Tuesday and Friday, I'll post a scenario for you to react to and you'll post a response--in first person--explaining how your character reacts and what actions and reactions he or she takes and makes. When the next update rolls around, I'll post the results and a new scenario. Repeat ad infinitum.

Each update will be segmented into sections, with each section pertaining to one player. The player in question will be tagged by the forum, and the first paragraph of such a section will start with the name of that player's character. You will not be required to read the paragraphs of other players (Or even their replies to the thread). I will distill any important cross-character interaction into your next scenario. If you are joining late, links to each update can be found in the second post of this thread so that you can easily jump past the responses to the new scenario. They'll be listed in reverse chronological order and they will be numbered, dated, and collected by setting.

Rule Clarifications:

General: Improvisation is a Staple
You are free and ENCOURAGED to ad-lib. If a fact hasn't been established, it's fair game. If you make too wild an assumption, I will gently reel you back into the narrative. Also, if there is a non-player character and I have not stated they are LOCKED, then they are fair game; you may make them do and say what you please. Other player characters are always LOCKED, you cannot control another player's character.

General: Summarized Conversations
When conducting conversation with an NPC or another player, do not feel that you have to write out the literal dialogue. Posting the gist of your conversational goals is sufficient.

General: The means through which new rules are dispensed
I'll introduce more rules as they become necessary. When rules are introduced, they'll appear at the top of the update. The game is free-form, though, so just have fun with it. For the most part, if you want to do something your character can do it. One warning, though; if you go Marty Stu expect consequences. Also, try not to get too vulgar, there are kids on the forum (This is not the Veldt). Also, if there's a lot of interest I may split the game (and thread) into two (or more) instances.

General: I played the other one, can I play my old character?
Sure, i don't mine.

Important: The Butterfly Effect
Sometimes you will be given a Butterfly Effect decision. If you make the right decision something good will happen later on. If you make the wrong one, well expect something bad to happen. The cause and effect do not cancel each other out, as a butterfly flapping it's wings can cause a hurricane to come.

Important: Dragons
Do to a flux of energy in this dimension dragons cannot exist. They die if they come to this dimension which is called Nosgoth! I can swear that is from somewhere. Fantasy Realm Generator. meh.

General: RPG Communication Mediums
This is strictly a forum game. There will be no IRC or Skype component to this endeavor.

=====
Locked Characters
Here is a list of the currently locked characters and the players who have access to them:

Players
Skie = TheDarkOne [Pronouns: Rogue]
Jade = King Aquamentus [Pronouns: Dragonkin]
Alty = mrz84 [Pronouns: Author]
Shirome (La Croix) Artiste = Tamamo [Pronouns: Revenant]

NPCs
Merlina = Current Game Master [Pronouns: Magician, Slave of Xen]
Nerinae = Current Game Master [Pronouns: Oracle, Slave of Xen]
Teras = Current Game Master [Pronouns: Shadow Druid]
Sophie = Current Game Master [Pronouns: Soldier, Author]
Lilith = Current Game Master [Pronouns: Demon Queen]
Xenovia = Current Game Master [Pronouns: Elder Evil, Main Antagonist]

Rocs
Roc Kings
Flamier
Volta
Articas
Raven King

Any remaining characters not listed (like the crossbow burglar) are free game for anybody to post, manipulate, and act on as they please. Even with all this, I am quite generous when it comes to NPCs, just don't go crazy.
=====

Tamamo
01-18-2016, 11:51 PM
City of Dreams
-=SPOILER=-

A Voice from the Sea
-=SPOILER=-

TheDarkOne
01-19-2016, 02:45 PM
I'm going to try playing a female for a change, if that's allowed.

Character: Skie
Race: Human
Class: Rogue (calling her a thief is a deadly insult)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Appearance: Skie is slender but not skinny, not especially strong but wiry and quick. She wears a midnight blue tunic under studded leather dyed to match. A back sheath holds a short sword and she has twin daggers at her belt. (Nobody can see this, but she also conceals two throwing knives in the top of her boots). She wears an amulet with a blue stone in the center, thought whether it is magical or ornamental is not apparent. Her hair is auburn and her eyes are dark green. She has an odd star-shaped scar on her right temple. just above eye level.

Skie has been drinking some hard stuff for the past hour and is pretty well soused. She is on her fifth tankard and her last few coins. As she tips back her tankard, she notices the man in the bird mask--why is he staring at her? What's with this guy?

Tamamo
01-19-2016, 11:04 PM
The man approaches you and orders you another tankard and a begins speaking. His voice is softer then you expect. You also note that that he smells of Lavender.

"You look like your the kind of gal who can disarm traps. Name is La Croix, I'm part of a mercenary group who recently lost two of our best units. One was a BARD the other a PALADIN. It's a darn shame, but we need to move on. Need to find replacement units before we can go on our expedition and get the treasure our employers ask for. And our boss pays us all very well, room and board included. What do you say. We got a deal?"

BUTTERFLY EFFECT
You notice the other woman has left the tavern yet you don't recall hearing the door open or close? Something is strange about her. The men would of been talking about her, as beautiful as she was. But they seem to have no recollection of her even being there and have gone back to drinking.

===============================
everyone else can either wait until the next update on saturday or join in the bar and either choose to talk to Delilah (beautiful woman) or La Croix (plague doctor). Note that this is a butterfly decision one choice is good, the other is bad. Choose wisely.

TheDarkOne
01-20-2016, 02:00 PM
I consider his offer and even through my liquor-induced haze something seems a little fishy. How would he know that I can disarm traps? Or that I am in need of money? I finish my tankard but do not take the one he ordered for me. I question him about his "employers" and the treasure he wants.

Tamamo
01-22-2016, 11:06 AM
A femine voice emanates from behind behind the bar.
"Hmmhmm, your smarter then you look. That's enough La Croix."
A female mage appears from behind the counter and snaps her fingers, La Croix turns into a crow and flies to her shoulder.
"Name's Merlina, and you've passed the test. There was no employer, and no expedition. I'm actually looking for people with wits about them to not fall for shady guys and investigate the disappearances of men in a near bye village about 2 hours east of here near the coast."
The barkeeps face goes gloomy.
"I heard about that, all of sudden a woman starts singing at midnight and then by morning some of the men would of vanished."
A drunk old sailor spouts off.
"It's them mermaids I tell you!"
"Mermaids don't exist, you drunk."

Interesting this woman appears to not be hiding anything that was powerful Lycaon magic she used just now. She could prove to be a powerful ally. Also this old sailor might be on to something about the mermaids, perhaps he has more information if you lend him your ear.
What do you do?

TheDarkOne
01-22-2016, 02:21 PM
Magic has always fascinated me. I have little talent for it beyond simple sleight-of-hand, but I liked seeing that. I'm interested in her offer, but I wonder if the sailor will tell me something more about the mermaids. I start to ask him. With a glint in his eye and a grin, he says he'll tell me all he knows for the price of a tankard. The lightness of my coin pouch prevents that, but I reach for the tankard La Croix bought for me and offer that to him instead.

Tamamo
01-23-2016, 11:14 PM
Merlina joins you at the table and the old sailor takes a sip of the tankard.

"Aye, that is good ale. The story your gonna hear is not a work of fiction. Everyone else here will tell you it's the result from the trauma of losing my ship and crew but i saw what I saw. 30 some years ago i fell in love with a mermaid. A few years later I would meet my wife and break things off with the mermaid. That was my mistake. You see mermaids are possessive creatures. Very Possessive, and they consider mates their property. It's her I bet you, she's back for revenge. And she doesn't care if she destroys the entire village in the progress."

Merlina's familiar shakes his head side to side almost if he understands the conversation.
Merlina turns towards you. "We need to head to that village right away I have a bad feeling about this. Also I hope your not afraid of heights"

TheDarkOne
01-24-2016, 11:20 AM
"Heights are of no concern to me. I've climbed up to third-story windows without a rope. If there's coin to be earned, you can count on me. But let me make one thing clear. I am no thief--I might not have much money, but every coin I do have was earned. So now that we have that out of the way, we can leave whenever you're ready." I am still drunk, but my highly-trained senses have not completely left me.

Tamamo
01-24-2016, 02:14 PM
Update
Skie TheDarkOne
Merlina leads you outside and her crow hops off her shoulder and grows into a gigantic bird. A roc with red goggles.

L: "Surprised human? This is my true form. All aboard and hold on tight, it's gonna be one long ride to the village."

Merlina climbs aboard the rocs back and wraps her arms around it's neck.

M: "Hold on tight."

You follow suit and after an hour make it to the village around noon. Merlina snaps her fingers and La Croix assumes his humanoid form with his glasses in the shadows.
There are several women around but no men. Perhaps you should ask around for more information.
You also can see the docks in the distance, empty of ships.

What do you do?

TheDarkOne
01-24-2016, 03:40 PM
((Let's say the flight to the village gave Skie time to sober up))

I remember Merlina saying that men were disappearing, but have they ALL gone from this village? Or are they just afraid to come out of their homes for fear they will be next? I adopt my most charismatic and charming manner and ask one of the older women for some general information about this village. I explain that I am stranger to this area (and indeed I have never been to this village).

Read 1-25-16 -T

Tamamo
01-25-2016, 06:16 AM
The woman appears to be disguised as a gypsy and gives you a mischievous smile.

"Oh don't worry, men aren't the only ones disappearing here. You ladies are in just much danger as they are. Good luck getting sleep now."
With a evil laugh she twirls into an alley. And you could swear if Merlina wasn't holding Lacroix's arm he would of jumped at her.

M: "Interesting, she mentioned us getting sleep as if she expected us to say, we best not sleep in the town. We leave before nightfall and camp on the outskirts."
L: "My feathers our warm, don't worry, I make a good blanket. This entire thing smells fishy and I don't like it Merlina. Especially that gypsy. She reeks of fish. I hate fish."

Do you follow the gypsy or do you continue searching for more information? Or perhaps explore the village a bit. There's always the docs.

TheDarkOne
01-25-2016, 11:50 AM
((I never intended for Skie to mention the disappearances but OK))

"you catch on quick, something must be odd about her!" -T

My growling stomach suggests that we find a market and some food. I'm low on coin but perhaps I can find a bargain. I keep my eyes open for anything suspicious as I make my way through the village.

Read: 1-26-16 -T

Tamamo
01-26-2016, 11:45 PM
TheDarkOne
Some ships start to pull into the docks, the appear to be fishing ships. You decide to head there and bargain for a fresh catch. The first thing you noticed that all of the men appear to be armed with small weapons, harpoons, crossbows, and spears. You notice the Gypsy is here as well and she looks angry. The men begin shouting at her. Wait they're blaming her for the disappearances! She turns to leave before she notices you and begins running away with her tambourine in tow. La Croix chases after her.

One of the crew climbs down onto the docks and approches you and Merlina.
"Sorry about that, she is not welcomed here. We wish she would just leave this town. It's her fault this is happening and she knows it. May'be those sea wenches would leave us men alone if we banished her. But her father refuses to oblige. He ain't even here most the time always at the Filthy Rabbit Tavern getting drunk. Care for a fish, freshly caught. Don't worry about the money. We got a good haul today. If you wish to pay, we'll just consider it a donation."

Merlina chimes in for a second.
"Hold on, her father? We've met him. I take it his wife lives in this town?"

The crew man eyes narrow.
"You misunderstand. Yes his wife lives in this town. But she's missing, but she is not her mother. That's all the information I'm telling you. Now take your fish and Get!"

Forced to leave with a decent supply of fish in a basket. You notice Merlina looks around and calls out for La Croix.
The sky goes dark and thunder starts to rumble after flashes of lightning in the sky. And rain? It was a clear sky a moment ago.

M: "Shit, he went after her dumb bird!"

What do you do?

P.S. Check the first post for a link to La Croix's portrait, he's badass looking.

TheDarkOne
01-28-2016, 05:48 PM
I suggest we head for shelter. No time to go looking for La Croix. Besides, from what I've seen, he can handle himself. I gave the fisherman one gold piece for the fish, since I don't take charity. I am down to my last two gold pieces now but this basket of fish should last me a few days. I'm not going to be able to afford much else, anyway.

Read 1-28-16 -T

Tamamo
01-28-2016, 06:57 PM
TheDarkOne
Merlina agrees and the two of you find a inn. The night is long but quiet, but La Croix does not return to his master. Strange, familiars tend to follow their masters where ever they go.
After a nights rest your awaken by screams from the village. The Gypsy rushes into the room and slams the door and locks it. She's covered from head to tow in blood and breathing hysterically, also missing an ear.
Merlina pulls out a knife, and askes where La Croix is.
"I didn't have a choice! That bird attacked me I am half mermaid for crying out loud! What where you thinking bringing a Roc to a fishing village you idiot!"
Merlina shouts the same question and begins approaching her drawing the back the knife preparing for a stab.
"He's dead! I'm sorry! I didn't mean too! I lost control!"
She charges at the girl with the knife you have a split second to intervene.

What do you do?!

This is a serious butterfly decision. None of these decisions are bad however.

TheDarkOne
01-28-2016, 10:08 PM
I step forward and grab Merlina's knife hand. "Wait! Let's hear what she has to say first. If you're not satisfied with her explanation, then you can kill her."
((What Merlina does is up to you))

Read 1-29-16 -T

Tamamo
01-28-2016, 10:41 PM
Merlina exales. "Find, I always had a short temper. Let's hear what you have to say girl."

The gypsy sits on the bed and stares at her legs they begin morphing into a fish tail. She wasn't kidding. She is a mermaids daughter. She begins speaking.
"My mother was a mermaid who died 2 monthes ago when the disappearances starting happening. However, she's explains that she was tricked by a woman claiming to be a doctor when her mother was sick and she became an undead. And now is under control by a necromancer. She pleads for your assistance in helping here.

Butterfly Effect 1:
La Croix is PRESUMED dead.

Butterfly Effect 2:
You are so very lucky you grabbed her knife hand, if you hadn't it would of wound up inside her own gut. She trusts you more now, since she believes you made the right decision.

King Aquamentus
01-28-2016, 11:08 PM
Jade was sailing through the air, unaware of the goings-on below. She was a curvy plasma dragonkin of about 225 lbs, and for once was not in any kind of trouble. It was admittedly quite a relief, but she expected trouble to find her again soon...

What she did not expect was to have a Roc burst out of the clouds and smack her in the face, sending her plummeting below...

forgive terrible scrappy MSpaintish image, but google cannot find me this so I must draw it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/17i0179cbhulv3b/SandS.png?dl=0

Tamamo
01-29-2016, 02:53 PM
King Aquamentus
Last thing you remember was flying through a wyrmhole into this dimension and right into a giant seagull. You crash into a tree and fall unconscious, When you come to you look around and find that you've injured your WING and it's raining real hard. there's a old mansion near bye. Looks spooky, but it looks the best shelter you've got. You see a sign that points towards a village in the distance which appears a couple hours a way. You can head to the village but a lot can happen on the road, you look up at the mansion and swear you see a 12 year old girl mouthing the words come on in. She must live alone.

What do you do?

TheDarkOne
01-29-2016, 04:42 PM
I step forward, my hand on the hilt of my shortsword. "Not so fast. What about LaCroix? Tell s what happened to him." I put enough tone into my voice to make it clear that if I don't like what I hear, things are about to get worse for than they already are.

read 1-29-16 -T

Tamamo
01-29-2016, 09:36 PM
TheDarkOne
"I didn't want to show you the truth, but you've forced my hand it seems."
The mermaid exales and grabs a pitcher of water and poors it into a basin. The scenery changes to an alley at night Lacroix and the Gypsy Girl are facing one another. All of sudden he charges at her morphing into roc form and attacks shouting Kill! And is struck by lightning and a burst of feathers and blood covers the Gypsy. She screams and takes off running towards the inn.
The vision ends and you see the mermaid crying. Merlina is in shock but all of suddenly starts laughing.
"You've got to be kidding! The old bastard gets hit by lightning and rolled over my ass"
The mermaid looks at her puzzled.
"La Croix is a crow, that makes him an agent of death himself. He can't die that easily girl"
"So um, are you two gonna help me then."
"Hmm what do you think Skie, do we believe her story."

What do you do?

Butterfly Effect:
Ask and you shall receive. LaCroix is definitely alive. The question is, where did he go? :shadowblazer:

King Aquamentus
01-29-2016, 11:52 PM
Jade looks at the mansion with the girl, then at the sign. AT the girl. At the sign. She nods and heads for the village: definitely the safer alternative.

Tamamo
01-30-2016, 12:10 AM
King Aquamentus
Half way to you find a diary with the name Megan written on the cover. Must belong to the girl at the old mansion. Hmm...
You make it to the village safe and sound and check in at the end. Your awaken by screams and shouting from the room next to yours. Something about a murder, what do you do?

TheDarkOne
01-30-2016, 01:27 PM
"I'm not sure if I believe everything, but at least we know he's alive. Ah, what the hell, let's help her if we can. Might be something in it for us."

Tamamo
01-31-2016, 01:58 PM
TheDarkOne
Since last time
You all arrived at the town and discovered a little about the gypsy girl, such as that she is a mermaid and doesn't claim to be responsible for the disappearances But knows who is responsible and wants to fix it.

=====================================
Update
Everyone
You noticed a wrecked boat near bye. "if you decide to join this can be yours if you wish mrz84"
The four of you make your way to the docks and find a boat with some oars in it and row out to a cave on top of small island. The mermaid begins speaking. Merlina conjures up a glowing ball of light and sends it into the cave. "Let's Go" She says, looks safe for now, but we might have company by the looks of that wrecked vessel. You come to a branching path, Merlina sends a flare down each path and one comes to a turn and the other a chest above the water.

JADE
You notice something staring at you from the water.
What do you do.

SKIE
Your observant nature notices something odd about this chest, What do you do?

King Aquamentus
02-01-2016, 07:23 PM
Jade peers over the side of the boat. Something is smiling back at her...

"um... guys..."

read 2-1-16
Actually it's an octopus, it looks curious about you.

TheDarkOne
02-02-2016, 03:40 PM
I decide I want to take a closer look at the chest. First I check for traps nearby it, and disarm them if I can.

Tamamo
02-03-2016, 12:09 AM
King Aquamentus
The octopus swims away after losing interest.
Awe, there goes your sushi.
TheDarkOne
It was trapped, and you managed to disarmed them.
You fine... A harpoon!

@Everyone
You continue through the cave and come to a room with a bed a bookshelf a mirror and a trunk and a bathtub. The mermaid hops in it and changes forms.
"awe, nothing like nice salt water on my skin. What we need to reach the mermaid city is in the trunk. It's the large pearl it'll allow you 3 to breath underwater like me."

Merlina opens the trunk pockets something while she isn't looking and grabs the pearl. "This big thing.?"

"Yup, let's go, she grabs a sceptre along the walla nd holds it infront of the mirror and begins speaking in Aquan, and then the room morphs. Before you know it and you're beneath the waves in the mermaid kingdom infront of mermaid statue and the place reeks of death. Mermaids are collapsed on the ground and the castle is surround in black fog? Why is there fog underwater.

"She's back, I think is time I pay my mother a visit and put a stop to this."

NOTE: Getting to the palace is your job, there are a infinite amount of possibilities. Have fun! And try not to attract any unwanted attention teehee. You can also communicate at anytime remember that!

King Aquamentus
02-03-2016, 12:22 AM
"guys, guys!!" Jade pipes up, "I saw a thing in the water!! It was like a ball with hair on the bottom!! and eyes!!" However, it was gone by the time anyone went to take a look. "...i-it was here I swear!! Mr. Ball!! come back!!"

read [2-3-16] -T

TheDarkOne
02-04-2016, 01:57 PM
I turn to the gypsy/mermaid and say "You brought us here. You might want to tell us what is going on. I want to know what we're getting into before we go rushing off blindly." Aside, to Jade. "What you saw sounds like an octopus. The things at the bottom were not hair, they were tentacles. They're sort of like arms."

King Aquamentus
02-05-2016, 07:45 PM
Jade raises an eyebrow. "Eight cats? weird name for Mr. Ball." She doesn't bring up the affair with the mermaid directly, feeling rather self-conscious around her.

Tamamo
02-07-2016, 01:42 AM
========================================
Setting: The three witches!
Long ago a woman made a contract with the Queen of Demons and where given power, they nearly destroyed this dimension until the mageslayer Vulcanus used the powers of light to thwart there plans. In a latch ditch effort to survive the woman servered her soul into three parts and engraved them into three magically talented individuals. Two of them are known to Merlina.

Update
Merlina looks at the castle at sighs. "This kingdom is beyond saving. It has fallen to one the three. We must leave this place." She snaps her finger and before you know it your back in the Tavern. La Croix is there as well, but no one else.
LACROIX"Took you long enough, boss. Did you find it?"
MERLINA "You mean this?" She pulls out a black comb. "Oh yeah I found my old comb. One of three. Just got to find the other two combs now."
FORTUNETELLER "That's mine! Give it back." Screams the mermaid. Lunging for the comb. But La Croix kicks her into a wall.
L "Back off unless you're looking to get hurt fish, Don't expect me to hold back this time either." He cracks his knuckles.
N "My name is Nerinae not fish. But point taken."
M "Here's the scoop, the other two combs are most likely in the hands of the three witches, she'll need all three of them to recombine. We need to fine them and destroy them before that happens. I heard another comb is somewhere in the Forest of Fey. Don't want to deal with Queen Alraune but we might have to. If thing's go south, just run. we don't want to start a war between the Fey and Outsiders like us. It's happened before and it's not pretty. You guys interesting in coming along too, what about you Nerinae? You've got a target for your revenge now. Wanna come along?"

All of a sudden there's a knock on the door.

IMPORTANT
Cause: Didn't go after La Croix who would of changed Merlina's Mind.
Effect: A Mermaid Kingdom Died Out, But Nerinae SURVIVED! :nerd:
What could of happened: Alliance with mermaids.

This is an example of making a bad decision folks!
Like or no Like? I can stop if you don't like these Important Decisions.
http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/butterfly_effect_1.jpg

King Aquamentus
02-07-2016, 06:02 PM
/me nudges Skie and sneaks him off somewhere private. Then she looks around a little before speaking

"I couldn't bring this up to Merlina directly... they uh, don't like Dragons, see... but she just said one of those combs was in the woods right? Traditionally, woods and ocean are considered two of three environmental "elements" so to speak. Dunno where the third is, could be a mountain, a desert, etc. ... But I'm sure it isn't in an ocean or woods. We should probably not let anyone outside the party know this though."

Tamamo
02-18-2016, 12:28 PM
Rules Update: Flow Control
If someone doesn't provide a post before a post marked update which are once a week usually. I will simply make the character do what seems logical. "In this case answering the door."
This will only happen twice. After which, I assume you've lost in the game and stop providing updates except at the start of a new arc. BTW we are starting a new story arc. And I'll be posting a setting update after this one on the races of Nosgoth.

Since last time...
Found the mermaid city in ruins. Oh well Merlina said you were too late. At least one of them survived.
Merlina found a comb and made note that she is looking for two more.
Jade King Aquamentus had a conversation about the environmental elementals with Skie TheDarkOne.

Update
Skie nods and answers the door, to be greeted by a shrine maiden with crimson eyes and blonde hair. Her haori is stained with streaks of blood as is her katana. She frowns and is about to turn away when she notices Merlina in the back of the tavern. She smiles at her but then notices La Croix and the smile fades.
"I see, you have chosen to betray your raison d'etre. Very well. It does not matter the time will come when we shall have to fight. But it shall not be to day. Take care Merlina. And watch where you sleep at night, terrible things happen can happen in the dark."
She walks into the fog and disappears.
You leave the tavern and Merlina stops and arranges transportation out of the fishing village via a fur trader toward the elven town of Lyeserin on the edge of the Forest of the Fey. Now would be a good time to gather any supplies you might need for your long voyage. Merlina will cover your cost, she is quite wealthy after all. You notice La Croix seems restless. And Merlina bothered by the appearance of the woman from last night.

What do you do?

Tamamo
02-18-2016, 12:54 PM
Setting: Races of Nosgoth

Humans are not the only intelligent life of Nosgoth. Others exist too. Here's the list. with a short description and their "natural environment"

=====
Forest "Fey Bloodline"
=====
Elves: As outgoing as they are they get along with everyone except the Eladrin.Half Gnolls/Half Elfs do exist but are often banished opon reaching adult hood.
Eladrin: They kill gnolls on sight. And look like elves with silver eyes and crescent moon symbols on there foreheads. They're stuck up on egocentric, opposite of elves. They don't even like the true fey. They are the closest to the Fey Bloodline.
Halflings: These look like miniature versions of humans and are deadly with a rapier and crossbow, most have left the forest in search of a life in the city.

=====
Sea
=====
Mermaid/Siren: They can change their lower half at will. There are no males.
Sahuagins: Fish man
Kuo-Toa: Frog man

=====
Mountains
=====
Dwarves: No the woman do not have beards but they are short and stocky.
Gnomes: Short like halflings but the most intelligent of the races they often dabble in illusions. They also make good mechanics and engineers.
Giants: Not dumb and ugly like in the books, solitary yes. They are basically just humans, only bigger. They stand any where between 4 to 10 meters at adult hood.
Orges: at 2.5 meters in height and 1600 lbs of dense muscle they can easily lift boulders and rip out trees by the root. They are usually docile, but you better not piss them off.

=====
Desert
=====
Gnolls: As barren as these places are, the Gnolls call this place their home. They are a feral cult of beast man whose hunting skills are second only to elves which they actually get along with for some strange reason. Strangely. Most gnolls prefer the forest now.

=====
Tundra
=====
Drow: The drow's story is a sad one. In truth it was the Spider Goddess Lolth who disguised her self as an elf an tried to lead the elves to rebel against their god that led to there fall. Now fearing the warmth of the sun they live in the underdark and the cold reaches of the North. They ARE weak to fire.
NOTE: THe ones in the underdark are weak to light as well the ones on the surface are not but do not worship Lolth either so...
Orcs: Not much is known about orcs, except they hate Gnolls and Elves with a passion and the feeling is mutual. What's really sad is nobody knows why.

TheDarkOne
02-18-2016, 02:45 PM
I sell the harpoon I found in the chest for some extra coin. This shop offers an interesting item, a magic rope that can extend to any length, and will hold to any surface without the need of a grappling hook This would be useful for a rogue like myself but I do not have even half of the purchase price. It could possibly be stolen, but I made myself a promise that I would never steal again, not since the incident that cost me Artanis...but I really wish I could get that rope. Leaving the shop (without the rope), I meet up with my companions and ask Merlina about the woman.

King Aquamentus
02-18-2016, 08:09 PM
Jade needs only a change of clothes and food, though she is easily distracted by things that she sees.

Tamamo
02-23-2016, 02:42 PM
========================
Update
========================
King Aquamentus TheDarkOne
Merlina turns towards La Croix, "I was about to ask him the same question, and I want an answer La Croix. That woman seems to know you. Who is she?"

L: "She is an agent of death like myself, working directly under the raven king himself. Her name is Helena the Dusk Maiden and she is a Peacock Roc. with an affinity of fire."

M: "I see, we will need to deal with her quickly then. We can not let her reach the Raven King with news of your betrayal."

The fur trader in his cart pulls up. A half gnoll half elf. Merlina doesn't seem to mind the mixed blood despite being an Eladrin. "Looks like our ride is here let's go. It'll be about a day's travel to Lysterian. So prepare for some rest."

The travel's go good and night falls your about half way there and everyone notices that Merlina seems to have vanished in thin air. The furtrader says she can't wait for you to go and find her and she has a deadline to keep. What do you do?
THe mermaid votes to just forget about her and Lacroix doesn't seem to care.

P.S.
Note this new character is NOT locked. Have fun doing what you please him.

TheDarkOne
02-23-2016, 04:24 PM
I ask La Croix "Where did Merlina go?"

(GM text here)

Trying to get comfortable in the back of the cart, my hand brushes against something rough under one of the furs. Taking a closer look I discover it is one of the magic ropes. I look toward the trader but his attention is elsewhere. It would be easy to steal it...but I push it away. I made myself a promise and will not break it. Artanis, if he were still alive, would not have hesitated to take it...but that is why he is not alive. I forget about the rope and just settle in for the ride.

King Aquamentus
02-23-2016, 10:00 PM
Jade returns, looking very anxious. She has one or two magic ropes slung around her shoulder. "Hey guys are we ready to go gosh I'm ready to go how bout you yep any time now where is Merlina come on lets go" She's nervously glancing around.

"Skie?? Where is Merlina?"

Tamamo
02-25-2016, 11:43 PM
King Aquamentus
TheDarkOne

"Don't know, she'll show up soon enough. Let's just hurry up and get to town.

Tamamo
03-01-2016, 10:22 AM
Hat to do this, but I'm just not feeling it. Hiatus time.

TheDarkOne
03-01-2016, 02:20 PM
We'd need more players, but nobody else is interested, it seems.

Tamamo
03-02-2016, 10:26 AM
I wonder why CJC and mrz84 haven't showed up yet myself.

mrz84
03-02-2016, 11:43 AM
I mainly haven't shown up because I don't know what I want to do in here yet. To put it simply: I don't know what my character's plot/motivation is or what character I want to play yet...I haven't had this much problem with putting together a character for something like this for years. I apologize for that and I'm hoping to have something soon.

TheDarkOne
03-02-2016, 12:53 PM
mrz84 You could bring back Zataka. There are any number of ways to explain how he got here.

Tamamo
03-02-2016, 08:45 PM
=======================================
Setting: The 4 Rocs Kings
There are 4 (technically 5, but Garuda is unknown to this dimension) mystic birds of legend. They're names are as followed.

Flamier: The Winged Hellfire FIRE
Usually taking the form of a majestic bird of fire or a harpy Flamier is a condescending Roc. She was the first to arrive in Nosgoth. And caused much distruction, it wasn't until the 2nd roc arrived and told her to stop that things settled down. She roosts in a desert temple.

Voltos ELECTRIC
The 3rd bird to arrive was Voltos who settled in the mountains with the gnomes. It resembles a giant . He is a genius and it is because of him that gnome technology is so damn far ahead of everyone elses. He resembles a cockatrice and is mischievous and loves food and money.

Tempest CRYONIC
The 2nd roc to arrive was Tempest who resembles Articuno. If anyone knows just how angry Tempest of the storm can get it would be Flamier, it's said it only took a sky tackle and a death stare to get her to stop her rampage. He is not one you want to piss off. He has no roosting spot and surveys the Tundre preying off unfortunate animals.

The Raven King: VOID
Not much is known about this one. Accept that he has the most followers and governs the domain of death. He accepts both Rocs and Humanoids "like La Croix for example" into his entourage. His location is unknown.

Garuda:
The Roc King himself. The other four are at his beck and call. And they never give him no for an answer. He is immortal as long as one of the four rocs which serve as his Hexys are still alive.

Now for rocs in genera: Rocs are shape shifters and powerful mages. They have a huge distruption on the Mana Field "more on that later." and are not easily defeated. They're greatest weakness is each other. They just can't seem to get along the four of them. Drives Garuda crazy.
THere are three classifications of rocs. Roc Kings "the 5 above", Roc Servants "La Croix", and True Rocs "those giant birds and they are simply magical beast but become all the more dangerous."

also chapter 2 is where you guys find out who Merlina and La Croix really are. :shocking:
mrz84
Yes you can use Zataka, this is a entire new dimension anyways. Dragons cannot exist her, although dragonkins can.

mrz84
03-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Zataka is no dragon so I don't see an issue there. He is a inter-dimensional travelr so I could use him again. But I wanted to think over other options first (and in case the original of CJC's restarts to avoid keeping track of 2 different instances of Zataka). I'll have something sorted out before the weekend though.

Tamamo
03-05-2016, 10:11 PM
==================================
Update
==================================
It was a day's trip from the fishing village to Lyeserin. But you have arrived at midnight exhausted from your long travels. La Croix checks everyone into a inn for a nights rest. Explaining that we will all begin asking around for Merlina in the morning. The night is peaceful, and you both soon fall asleep from your long restless travel...

ZZZ

You awaken to screams from Nerinae's room and the two of you find Lacroix and the Inkeeper holding down nerinae. Wait? Is she thrashing around in her sleep. You've heard of vivid dreams before, but you never seen anything like this. Then the Inn Keepers wife rushes pass you with a bucket of water and splashes it on Nerinae. Her eyes open and screams one last time before coming to her senses. And then tears...

All is quiet for a little while as she sits up La Croix with his arm around her shoulder. Then he asks the question everyone is wondering. "What did you see Nerinae?"

“The forest of the fey was approaching but I knew something was going very wrong. The sky was turning red and the sun turning black. The forest began twisting in on itself as I fly through it towards the center. And then I saw her. A monstrous tall figure no less than 7 feet tall with red horns and eyes, silky black hair and an upside down crescent moon on her forehead. She opened a fanged maw and out of it flew locust that engulfed me. They began devouring me, the pain it felt so real. I thought I really was going to be eaten alive!”

What do you do?

P.S. Shit get's real in this chapter. Prepare to drop your jaw like 4 times or so.

mrz84
03-06-2016, 05:45 PM
Joining time!

My character and his stuff.

http://orig11.deviantart.net/5ff2/f/2012/242/d/b/alternate_author__2__alty_2__by_authornumber2-d5cxvhk.jpg

Name: Alty
Race: Author (Former Human)
Background (thus far): Once an ordinary young man in high school, he one day witnessed a friend of his being attacked by a monster. Not knowing any better, he jumped in the way of its attack and the two were fatally wounded. To save both their lives, his friend revealed her magical powers and bound their souls together until they could heal. Shortly thereafter, his own powers manifested themselves. With the newfound ability to travel through time and space at will, he decided to make himself stronger, no matter the cost, in order to protect his friend and others who would share the same fate. Years later, he is a forced to be reckoned with, having collected various artifacts from other worlds and training his body to superhuman levels. Now he travels to test his strength and abilities and to protect those who are too weak to protect themselves with an anti-hero-ish sense of right and wrong.

Gear and abilities: Capable of traveling through time and space at will. Wields a pair of greatswords and various other weapons. His left arm is cybernetic and utilized in many his attacks. He can also manifest a pair of wings, one silver, the other pitch black. He can fly with or without the wings.

[Insertion removed because raisins]

Tamamo
03-07-2016, 12:55 AM
mrz84
You find yourself in a cell. Of all the artifacts you've destroyed, you decided to destroy one you shouldn't have and pissed off some Demoness who simply calls herself the Demon Queen. Now you find yourself in a cell with your left arm torn off and all of your powers sealed by powerful black magic.
(ooc: You will get these back one by one don't one. The arm being first.) A blackguard approaches you in bloodstained armor. "She's waiting, let's go" he says. He drags you in chains and forces you to your knees and the demon queen smiles at this.

"So your the one who enjoys breaking my things? Tell me do you want this back?

She waves your cybernetic arm in front of you what do you do.

P.S. It's my job to insert you into the story lol.

mrz84
03-07-2016, 12:54 PM
Derp. Forgot about the insertion thing. My bad.

Alty: I would like it back, but knowing you there's a catch. So what's the catch?

King Aquamentus
03-07-2016, 06:07 PM
Jade gently sits on the bed with La Croix and holds her "hey now... I know we haven't all been together long, but I'd be lying if we weren't something like family. If something like that really happens, you won't be dealing with it alone."

TheDarkOne
03-07-2016, 07:17 PM
"This forest you saw...that's where we're headed, isn't it? I think someone...or something...is trying to discourage us. Nightmares such as the one you described...that's dark magic. But we've come this far...we can't give up now." I look to La Croix. "And we need your help to find Merlina--you know her better than any of us."

Tamamo
03-10-2016, 06:29 PM
=======================
Update
=======================
mrz84

The demon queen smiles, and traces an emblem on the arm. "This emblem marks you as one of mine, until I see fit to release you from your duties you are to serve me without question. A dark shadow has befallen the dimension of Nosgoth. Entirely my fault and I am unable to do a damn thing about it since a bunch of priest locked me out of there centuries ago. I think I know who is responsible but I need to be sure. I want you to go there and head to the Forest of the Fey near the village you will be teleported to. Also take this crystal, break it when thing go south. It's a one of a kind artifact capable of summoning me."

She blows you a kiss and you are spirited away to Nosgoth, you find yourself in a village with your swords and arm reattached. Strange the emblem vanished though.

What do you do?

=======================
The innkeeper speaks up. "Two others are having that same dream, the elders son, and a druid who lives with her brother. I'll make you a map of the town so you can go talk to them."

Who do you wish to see?

I should note here that you can split up if you wish to talk to both.

mrz84
03-10-2016, 09:18 PM
I examine my left arm to make sure it is properly attached. After I confirm it is, I look for an inn/pub as they are the most likely places to find about the Forest of the Fey and my mission.

Note: <Used for Alty's thoughts to himself>

<I don't trust her, but I let myself get blindsided by her when I thought I was done with my last job. Whatever. I just gotta do whatever the hell she needs me for and be done with it. Just gotta find some info about where I'm going first. Usually I contact my info gatherers from my organization but I don't wanna drag them into this mess. This is gonna be a solo act as far as I'm concerned, powers sealed or not>

Tamamo
03-10-2016, 10:45 PM
mrz84
ooc: Good, your should never trust a demon. Never the less, they can prove to be powerful allies. Especially her. Just don't let her get too much of an upper hand or your short term service will turn into a lifetime of enslavement.

Just to let everyone else know me and mrz talked about these shenanigans before hand. This is gonna be a hoot trust me. Even if she is sexy as hell. And yes she is a succubus... with no experience what so ever. Shameful, isn't it.
-=SPOILER=-

TheDarkOne
03-11-2016, 09:00 PM
I suggest that we talk to both of them. One or the other might be able to give more insight on the cause or meaning of this dream. I ask Jade to accompany me as I go to talk to the druid, and suggest that LaCroix and the mermaid (forgot her name, sorry) go to visit the elder's son.

Tamamo
03-11-2016, 11:58 PM
TheDarkOne
La Croix stands up and swiftly approaches you. "Actually Jade will be going with Nerinae and you will be coming with me. I can't stand that fishy smell of hers, and besides I need to talk to you in private. There are things we need to discuss."
Nerinae glares at him as he grabs your arm and drags you out to an alley. After making sure no one is looking he removes his mask... and quickly removes his clothes.
What stands before you is not human nor roc but a revenant. Not only that, but it seems La Croix is actually a woman Her hair ragged, almond eyes empty, skin pale white.
She doesn't appear to have any hostile intentions to you. You notice the bottom half of her torso is all missing except her spin which attaches her pelvis to her upper torso.

What do you do?

King Aquamentus
03-12-2016, 09:08 PM
Jade is about to protest "Ah-but I..." ...

she looks at the mermaid uncomfortably. "why???... [he had to have... ...some inkling of dragons and mermaids not getting along... right?"

Tamamo
03-12-2016, 10:04 PM
King Aquamentus
Veto
Part of above post being vetoed

"why???... he had to have... ...some inkling of dragons and mermaids not getting along... right?"

Reason "Dragons do not exist in this dimension and they never have. So this isn't impossible. No one knows what you are actually. Since you should of been killed as soon as you we're hatched. This flows into the previous sword and sorcery game and CJC isn't around so oh well. "I started it actually to give depth to my dragonkin that both me and CJC totally done goofed and destroyed her background story." I'll do my best to manage your aquamentus wanna be."

And you are not a true form dragon, fun fact those dragons would kill you on sight. Good thing we don't have those in this campaign. So stop confusing the two.
Dragons hate dragonkin, and vice versa. At least that's the norm. Dragonkin are dragons born outside of there home dimension. "Dragons have a hatred for the unlike. It runs through there veins"

Tamamo
03-14-2016, 06:10 PM
=============================
Update

TheDarkOne
You and la croix find yourself at the druids door step. La Croix doesn't even bother to knock, she just opens the door.

D "Enter, I've been expecting you Shirome."
S "Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. How interesting, rumor is it you've been having bad dreams."
D "Not dreams, visions of the future. Of the outer god that resides inside the stone hidden in the forest of the fey."
S "Outer god?"
D "The creature from the dreams is his true appearance. Outside of his own dimension he can only take the form of a black, shapeless, malevolent mist."
You recall the black swirling mist you and the rest of the party saw at the Mermaid Kingdom
S "And this thing is sealed away in this stone? So his power is seeping through."
D "No... It only one of 5 parts of his seal. His true body is sealed away in Gaea's Navel at the center of our world."

Shirome turns towards you. and takes off her mask. For a moment.
S "Time to go Skie, we've got a god trying to break his way into our world. Time to track down Merlina, we need her help best place to start is the Pub."
D "Wait, I know you are to go into the forest of the fey. When the time comes. I shall be your guide."

What do you do? "if you have any questions for the druid, now is a good time."

King Aquamentus
After getting lost you run into Merlina you wind up back at the end, fortunately for you the elder's son is there.
"You must be the ones the Innkeeper told me about, that girl having the nightmares too. We should stare a fan club with the druid. I've been digging up records on the forest turns out they date back pretty far. And the forest of the fey was originally located elsewhere, before it was destroyed by a Manaburst. Fortunately the stone survived, but it was moved you see. Too the new forest of the fey. But the seal is still in the original location in the a place most people call the dead woods about 20 miles in the opposite direction of the other forest. If you really want to know what is going on with these dreams. I would go there, not to the forest of the fey. That is we're the seal is. The roc is just a preface. It has no value what so ever."

The elder's son wave's goodbye and leaves.
What do you do?

mrz84
You begin wandering the streets heading deeper in the village, and you find yourself right snack dab in front of an execution. It appears to be an eladrin mage.

"I WILL ASK YOU AGAIN ELADRIN SKUM! ARE YOU ONE OF THE THREE WITCHES!"
"She simply spits on him in discuss."
A shrine maiden all of sudden steps out of the crowd.
"I saw her! She was speaking with the Demon Queen last night!"
All of sudden her face smirks as the eladrins face goes pristine white.
Your emblem begins shining. You then notice it, she too has the same emblem only on her chest.
"Yes she's one of the witches, and one of mine as you are. And I'm not about to let her blood be split. She's too valuable of an asset. Get going you've got a job to do rookie."

What do you do?

mrz84
03-14-2016, 07:10 PM
<Rookie...I haven't been called that in a while...> "Teh. Guess I gotta kick someone's face in." Alty pushes his way to the front of the crowd, drawing his twin greatswords. He hefts one of the blades over his right shoulder while pointing with the left at the spectacle in front of him. "I honestly don't give a damn about what she did to you losers, but I can't let ya kill her. She's with me and anyone who has a problem with that is gonna have a bad time." His one good eye glows a malevolent crimson red while a big grin is on his face, all the while emitting an intimidating aura around him that would make weaker beings cower. <Even if I'm not at top form, I don't back down when the chips are down.>

King Aquamentus
03-14-2016, 09:50 PM
Jade turns to Merlina. "I guess we're headed to the other forest... what all lies between the two?

Tamamo
03-14-2016, 10:05 PM
mrz84
The people run in horror leaving the guards and executioner. Wait the shrine maiden is standing in the open laughing hysterically.

"Oh my, how brave. Standing up to me without knowing who I am. And your a demon servant just like her how fitting!"

She outstreteches her hand towards the executioner and he begins upheave.

Then all of a suddden a katana bursts out of his mouth followed by blood and entrails.

"This should be fun. Let's play boy!"

P.S. Goodluck, your gonna need lots of it in this fight.

King Aquamentus
Actually merlina is still missing remember.

King Aquamentus
03-16-2016, 08:11 AM
/me turns and looks to nerinae. "I guess we're headed to the other forest... what all lies between the two?

Tamamo
03-16-2016, 04:49 PM
King Aquamentus
N: That would be the town obviously, he did say the other direction. So I assume if we head in the opposite direction of the forest of the fey we would reach this other forest. I've heard of this place though. It's crawling with undead. Let's go find Mer...

All of sudden you hear screams coming from the town square and people begin rushing past you. What do you do?

P.S. you could of just edited your post. :p

mrz84
03-16-2016, 07:37 PM
Alty "Oh, so ya got some fight in ya? Better make it worth my time then. And I don't give a donkey's taint who you are. Just give me a challenge is all I ask."

Alty throws his left blade at the maiden then jumps at her with the other ready to bring down an overhead slash. His robotic arm changes in size to a canine head that opens its mouth and begins to charge an attack.

Tamamo
03-16-2016, 10:56 PM
Rule Clarification

Combat: ReACTion
To further smooth out the kinks that combat pose in a delayed response environment, I am introducing a new type of ACT MEDIAS RES block, the ReACTion block. These gaps will be presented in cyan and function exactly the same way as an Act Medias Res with one exception: any ReACTion block that is unused before the next update will CLOSE, meaning you can insert actions between updates but once an update comes the opportunity has passed.

CHANGE! Enemies can now reACT as well! Be careful!

ReACTion mrz84
The shrine maiden slashes her katana against your huge sword and sends it flying upwards into the sky. "What the hell! How strong is she shouts one of the guards let's get out of here!"

=====
Note that combat is still active for now. But I wouldn't recommend it.
=====

She then charges straight at you but stops at at the sound of a gunshot. You can't believe your ears. A gunshot in this era?

You both look at the source of the sound. A woman who is all to familiar stands there he. In fact she's from your world, and her arm has been replaced with a cyberlimb with a hole in the palm with smoke trailing out of it. But it's entirely different from your own and you cannot source it's origin. She notices you and she smiles then comes the guards and her smile turns to a face of malice. 100s of elves and eladrin. Armed with swords, bows and staves. "You two come to my town murder an executioner, set free my prisoner, and then get into a fight? Explain yourselves!"

You look over to the stake and find it empty. "He released her, I tried to stop him..."

"SILENCE! That is enough of your lies, we have several witnesses telling me you killed the executioner."

"So Alty, what is your story. I'm all ears."

mrz84
03-17-2016, 12:43 PM
"I'm looking for someone who matches the girl (points to the girl he needs to rescue) and found her being accussed of...what was it again? Being a witch or something? Either way, I'm on the job to bring her back to her employer...preferably alive." <If I gotta book it, I could always use the Solar Flare to blind 'em and grab the girl...but that's only a last resort if things go south.> Plus she did kill the guy. Pulled a sword (points to the shrine maiden's blade) outta him.

Tamamo
03-17-2016, 03:42 PM
mrz84 the girl has vanished

TheDarkOne
03-17-2016, 05:54 PM
((OOC: I thought the LaCroix character was male? When did that change))
With my finely tuned rogue senses I can hear the commotion in the center of town. I turn to LaCroix or Shirome or whatever her name is.
"I hear something from the square. We should check it out."
I head in that direction without bothering to look behind me to see if she's following..

mrz84
03-17-2016, 09:01 PM
<Shit. The girl is gone.> "Well in the confusion my target seems to have vanished. This crazy bitch *points at the shrine maiden* still was trying to have her executed and killed a guy."

Tamamo
03-18-2016, 12:55 AM
TheDarkOne
Post #60 is when all was revealed about La Croix and you did absolutely nothing. WHICH WAS THE BEST OPTION! :D
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?97454-RPG-Sword-amp-Sorcery-2&p=910622&viewfull=1#post910622

And now our update!

=====
Update
===== mrz84 King Aquamentus TheDarkOne
-Mrz-
All of sudden her arm mutates into a massive black barrel and blasts it at the shrine maiden but she evades it and then turns into a vermilion peacock spews fire at her and flies west.
"Damn it, how irritating, she won't get far. Follow her! All of you I'll take care of him myself..." she says with a smile.

What do you do?

-Everyone else-
Both of your parties meet in the town square, you find helena and a strange man and a bunch of soldiers.
You quickly duck behind the wall and take cover.

Act-Medias-Ras
Try to make an attack of opportunity or reach the pub unseen?

I WILL POINT OUT THAT SHE HAS TWO ACTIONS PER TURN! BUT DOES NOT USE THE REACTION SYSTEM!

mrz84
03-18-2016, 07:36 PM
<Ok. Not at full strength AND she MIGHT want me dead...though she would have done so already if that were the case. Maybe I can reason with her? Or maybe the Solar Flare? Either way this isn't looking good>

"Ya know, If I wasn't sure about it...I'd say that you seem a little too happy to see me...Care to explain that?" <If she attacks I'm just gonna Solar Flare her and make my way to the pub. Assuming that one of my weakest of non-damaging skills isn't sealed of course....There is also that crystal but I think its too early to use that...YET.>

Tamamo
03-21-2016, 09:47 PM
TheDarkOne King Aquamentus mrz84
I think I need to explain what is going on here with the main plot.

In this world there are 5 seals (technically 6, the 5 around the world act as a keys and the 6th inside the navel is the actual lock itself). These keys hold back the outergod Xenovia. Which is in fact female and desires nothing more then to enslave all life. So what is Xenovia? She is the Queen of Madness. ENough said, although in this dimension she can only hold a mist form. If the 5 seals are broken and the gate opened then god help you all cause you just might have to fight a god. Be warned that she is immortal and cannot be destroyed by any means hence why she was sealed in the first place. Note she is not the antagonist of the plot. Someone else is. And he or she might be closer then you think. ;)

===============
@mrz

She pulls a photo out of armor bust and tosses it at your feet. You can't believe your eyes. It's you in the photo in the 8th grade next to a girl. The same one in front of you right now. "I'll let you continue this story. You can even name her!"

mrz84
03-22-2016, 12:58 PM
<This girl?! What was her name? DAMMIT! Time traveling and agelessness don't mix well! I've been traveling for literally centuries worth of time by now and I can't remember it!>

Alty has a slight nervous look on his face. He is trying to avoid making the situation worse but the combined effects of no longer aging and traveling through time over the course of centuries of time have made what should be a simple matter into a possible landmine.

<Still considering that Solar Flare escape plan...>

Alty picks up the photo and examines the picture to try and remember.

Tamamo
03-24-2016, 12:22 AM
==============================
Update
mrz84
She let's out a sigh. Can't remember my name huh?. At least you seem to remember my face. It'll come to you in time. Come the Magician is waiting. Note Merlina is NOT one of three witches. She heads over to the pub and unlocks the door and motions you inside. "Well come on! You two are joining us as well." You look over your solder and notice a dragonkin and human staring at each other.

TheDarkOne King Aquamentus.

You find merlina sitting at a table alone. The pub is empty. She walks up to alty and bitch slaps him. It hurts like a massive wasp sting. And then waves the comb in his face. "Do you realize what you've done! I've spent two reincarnations, looking for this!" She snaps the comb in half and it vanishes. "That is all we can do. If one breaks. They all do, and regenerate elsewhere in 100 years. We have bigger problems now. Someone is trying to revive Xenovia. She exists in an entire different dimension then our own. We need to kill her in that dimension. Otherwise she will just regenerate and return. Unfortunately an astral barrier prevents passage into this dimension so we don't even know what it looks like. However, i know of a way to shatter it. But first...

All of sudden Merlina takes a step away from you and bursts into flames. Nerinae screams bloody murder, La Croix grabs a sheet, and the woman with the armcannon just stands there. The flames die off and for a moment before she is wrapped in a sheet by La Croix you get a glimpse at her. What you see startles you. She has changed. What was once an eladrin is now an elven woman. With long silver hair and purple eyes. "Let's go get you dressed in some clothes honey." says La Croix. She escorts her to a room in the back she soon emerges in a elegant purple vest and battle lacy skirt and stockings with two swords.

-=SPOILER=-

"WHO ARE YOU!" Nerinae shouts falling to the floor. And crawling away in fear.

"I'm an Ymbrane, and the last of my kind. We reinicarnate every 100 years. Unfortunately do to our low birth rate and high gestation period not to mention a civil war my people we're lead to their own extinction. All that remains is there city floating above Gaea's Navel. And that is exactly where we will eventually go. But first we'll go to the seals and see if we can figure out who is responsible for this mess. I want to make him dig his own hole and make him fill it."

"The seal should be in the forest of the fey I believe. But so is Queen Alraune, she hates me cause I sort of accidently burned down a sacred tree once. But she doesn't know I reincarnated yet. So my alias is Alyndra. Remember that. Any questions? Or can we leave?"

THERE IS A SPECIFIC QUESTION YOU CAN ASK HERE FOLKS! It's cause nerinae is speechless rightnow. Yes it involves her story. So center around that.
Yes I just pulled a Doctor Who.

TheDarkOne
03-24-2016, 02:55 PM
"Nerinae...why are you so afraid? Do you fear elves for some reason? An elven man saved my life once, I have nothin but respect for them." To Merlina/Ymbrane: "I am ready to go whenever you are."

mrz84
03-24-2016, 05:26 PM
"I've got questions. What was with that shrine maiden back at the square earlier? Also, who the hell is Queen Alraune? I don't need to know too much, just to why I should give a damn about them."

King Aquamentus
03-24-2016, 05:54 PM
Jade watches Merlina snap the comb in half, and is about to call her an unpleasant word for a woman, when the flames appear and she covers her mouth at the sight of the transformation. She's not startled or bothered by nudity at all, but the sudden occurance is jarring.

"...this world is weird."

Tamamo
03-25-2016, 10:12 PM
Update
=============================== mrz84
Merlina: "The shrine maiden's name is Helena is a bitch, as for Queen ALraune. SHe's the ruler of the forest of the fey. She's quite the charmer too. I don't give damn about either one, and you shouldn't either. If she picks a fight with you. You have my permission to turn her into a salad. I should go have Shirome get some dressing."
All of sudden you black out. When your eyes open you find your self in a chamber, the demon queen is standing next to you but her body is transparent There's a huge stone cover in sealing magic on a scale you've never seen before. It''s pulsing with an evil presence. Whatever is sealed in that thing. It was done for a reason./
DQ: "That one is quite the liar. That stone there is the Artifact of Absolute Power. Watch what is about to happen. And no, they can't hear us. We're perceiving the past."
All of the sudden the doors open and a elf woman enters the room with a staff. Followed by a human and a eladrin on each side.
"This is it, the stone that will help us win this war."
"I'm not so sure about this Merlina. What if something's worst then a demon is seal inside this thing."
Merlina: "Relax I'll bind it to my will and we'll crush the Empire once and for all. The resistance will see victory today."
She raises a staff and begins dissolving the seals one by one.
DQ: "Fools, if only they would of known that was a god not a demon."
As the last seal disappears the stone explodes in a blast of dark mist and takes the shape of a monstrous entity. A Six armed figure with a fnag maw and red eyes and horns. With a white skirt. Merlina looks at it in horror.
M: "My god, What have we done."
"I'M FREE AT LAST! FOR 10000 YEARS I WAS SEALED BUT NOW I WILL ENSLAVE THIS WORLD!"
"Run Merlina! Tell the resistance what happened here, no tell the empeor! TELL EVERYONE."
The vision fades. And another appears this time a city in ruins with abberations covering it. And at it's center stands the creature. It destroyed the entire city single handly. All of sudden a wyrm hole appears and the demon queen flies through. With it come 100s of balls of light.
"YOU! YOU SEALED ME AWAY!"
She doesn't hesistate, the balls of light form a huge circle and begin spinning round and round and fire a massive laser at the creature forcing it back into the stone. Then she fires 5 more beams of light one in each cardinal direction. and one into the sea.
DQ: "That is the power of my artifacts. If I still had the one you destroyed I could fix this myself in a jiffy. But now we're in a jam."
The other demon queen looks down at the wreckage and finds the elf girl and lands. "You from this day cursed, you will reincarnate every 100 years from this day forward for unleashing that evil into this world. Painful flames will ravage your body, and your face will change continuously until the end of time."
DQ: "Sorry to enter your mind, but I needed you to know the truth. Now go and keep this a secret for now. And don't hesistate to call me."
The vision fades, and you find yourself back in reality. You feel something has changed in you. You have your wings back.

this is important information mrz not filler material write down who is responsible, why they did it, what happened, and that only she survived. That is if you can't remember

mrz84 King Aquamentus TheDarkOne
M: If that's the only questions you have for me we'll leave right now. We should probably look around for a guide though. Any ideas where to look?

You all notice that Nerinae has stolen a large bottle of booze and is chugging it. She has apparently seen some serious shit since she left home.
"For my first time tasting alcohol this is pretty good."
La Croix grabs the bottle and takes a swig.
"My god, this is vodka! She'll be out cold by the time she finishes that entire bottle. Can you keep an eye on her Captain." He gives the battle back to her.
"You got it."

What do you do?

TheDarkOne
03-26-2016, 03:00 PM
"I doubt we'll find anyone here who would be willing to take is into the Forest of the Fae, if indeed any of them would know the way through. If we're going to find a guide, we'll have to look elsewhere."
I turn to Jade.
"Could I possibly have one of those magical ropes you have with you? You really wouldn't need more than one. I can't pay you very much, but I'll give you what I can for it." My coin pouch is still very light, but any money I gain has to be earned--I made myself the promise to never steal again after what happened to Artanis.

mrz84
03-26-2016, 05:55 PM
<At least I've got my wings back now...From the looks of things my other artifacts are sealed too...Guess I'll just have to earn 'em back>

"If any of you need me, I'll be here for a bit." *walks over to the window and stretches out his hand. The greatsword the maiden knocked into the air earlier lands in it as if perfectly timed...or even summoned from wherever it was prior* "I'm gonna get a bite to eat while you work out the petty details"

Tamamo
03-26-2016, 09:31 PM
Update
You find yourself at the entrance to the forest of the fey. The druid that La Croix and Skye met earlier is waiting for you.
Druid: "Let's go. we need to be back before dark. Evil Insects roam this forest aswell so be on guard. And if you see a sleeping trent, DO NOT wake him up. He's a cranky old bastard and hates outsiders."
Merlina: "I've burnt a tree before."
Druid: "You burn anything in this forest. We'll have an army of fey on are asses in seconds. I please ask you refrain from such wrecklessness."

*later*

You come to a thorny bramble wall with strange red flowers.
Druid: "Witches' Thorn, careful. Poisoness and hard as hell to treat. I've got some antidote back at my house. But we can either cut through it or try to find another way around."

DISCUSS YOUR SOLUTION!

TheDarkOne
03-27-2016, 07:27 PM
((OOC: Is the Druid locked? You didn't specify that she was, so I will proceed here as if she is not. If she is in fact locked, say so in the update and then my action here can be disregarded)

I look at the Teras (the Druid). "What do you suggest? My weapons aren't exactly suitable for landscaping. But I don't to to waste time trying to find another way around."
Teras: "Witch's Thorn is usually only grown in small patches. It shouldn't take long to go around. But Witch's Thorn in this forest worries me....if this is the work of my fel--I mean, if this is the work of Shadow Druids, we might be in more trouble than we think."
Skie notices what she almost said but keeps it to herself for the time being.

Tamamo
03-27-2016, 07:35 PM
Nope

mrz84
03-27-2016, 07:38 PM
"Need to cut a path, then lemme have at it. *draws his twin greatswords and then slams them together, fusing them into an even larger greatsword that he is showing little effort in wielding* Just lemme know where you wanna path and I'll cut it."

<I'm actually surprised I can still do that...Meh. Probably just dumb luck that it wasn't sealed.>

OOC: the fused greatsword is about 10 feet from tip of the blade to the hilt for reference.

Tamamo
03-27-2016, 08:05 PM
Okay so I've changed my mind and allowed teras into the plot. This will change the way things happen in the Forest of the Fey. But will also fit in well. Shadow Druids would use evil methods for good intentions. Burning a village to make space for a forest to grow for example. You'll understand why I did this soon enough. Also TheDarkOne you have passive control over Teras for now. Like your previous post.

Merlina speaks up, "This plant was one of the Grand Witches favorites. If it's here, there might be more of it. We should watch our step."
You come to a tree. You can almost see a face start to emerge from the tree.
King Aquamentus mrz84 What do you do?
TheDarkOne What does Teras do?

mrz84
03-27-2016, 09:06 PM
<Could this be a treant? Better wait before I do anything...> *keeps his weapons sheathed*

King Aquamentus
03-29-2016, 05:22 PM
Jade hands Skie three ropes. "Plenty of them, why?"

Seeing the face emerge, Jade shies back a bit. "Is... is that some sort of like... guardian spirit? Don't hurt me!!"

TheDarkOne
03-31-2016, 01:44 PM
I take one of the ropes. "Only one of these is necessary. You do know how they work, don't you?"
Meanwhile, I take a look at the tree. This could be the treant we have been warned about. If so, we should give him a wide berth--best no to awaken him. If he is already awakened, I don't know what we are going to do--I have no weapons that can harm a treant.

Tamamo
03-31-2016, 02:32 PM
@everyone
"It's a dryad actually" TheDarkOne
"You keep your blades sleath, which means you do not which to bring this forest harm. Why have you come here Shadow Druid?"

Normally I would handle this, but I'll leave this one open to your NPC.

TheDarkOne
04-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Teras steps foward, "I am only here to serve as a guide through this forest."
((Insert dialogue for dryad here))

Tamamo
04-09-2016, 10:30 PM
Update
@Everyone
You go further into the forest and come to a clearing with a stone in the middle. It is covered with magical markings. Dark Sealing Magic, more then capable of sealing a god. If it wasn't cracked half way down the middle.

Player Observations
TheDarkOne
"ooc: You are so damn lucky your a observant rogue character and would notice something so small like this..."
You notice a raven watching La Croix.

mrz84
The seal on your arm begins burning, and you hear her voice once more.
"DAMN IT! THAT'S TWO SEALS DESTROYED! Think Helifa, just calm down and think damn it." Her hear her exale "Okay who would want to release Xenovia and for what reasons. The demihuman races have always been looked down upon. Perhaps it's one of their leaders. Could also be Lolth, her cruelty is legendary but if she did it the other Demon Lords especially myself would skin her carapace alive. The first seal was in the mermaid kingdom, that is quite suspicious. Since it is the hardest too reach... It can't be? I think you should talk to Nerinae Alty, and figure out what's going on here. She's definitely hiding something."

King Aquamentus
You just remember that the elder's son told you that the seal was in the old forest, the dead woods. Then how is this the seal? Something very wrong is going on in.

All of sudden La Croix takes off her mask and approaches the stone and slams her fist into it cracking it some more.
La Croix: "I don't like the look of this Alydra (merlina's temporary alias). We should find Alraune."

Alraune: "No need, I'm already here. What is your business with me."

Merlina: "I can't keep up this act. You might remember the name Merlina, it's me. I need your help Queen Alraune as you can see from the look of the stone. Our world is in grave danger. Both of our worlds."

Alraune: "You must have a death wish to enter my sanctuary armed and with a misguided druid."

Merlina: "Listen to me! XENOV..."

Alraune: "I KNOW! I KNOW THAT YOU BROUGHT THAT THING HERE! AND YOU WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!"

La Croix: "Stop both of you, your acting like children."

Merlina & La Croix: "YOU STAY OUT OF THIS!"

La Croix: "I SAID STOP!"

mrz84
Your entire arm heats up, even worst this time. But no words come out this time. Is this a warning. Or is she signaling you?

P.S. Sorry for the late update, had to resolve a plot hole. It's been fixed.

mrz84
04-10-2016, 06:13 PM
<Crapbaskets! Da fuck you want woman?! Wait...> *pulls out the crystal the Demon Queen gave him* <Am I supposed to use this now? Its that or I Solar Flare my way outta this mess>

"I don't give...a fucking smurf's taint that you two wanna kill each other or whatever. BUT I think there is someone who wants to say something first." *Alty uses the crystal*

King Aquamentus
04-10-2016, 08:17 PM
Jade casts a large, loud bolt of lightning to the sky to give La Croix a chance to speak. She seems proud of herself when both Merlina and Alraune immediately shut up. Then, smiling to La Croix, ducks back into the party.

"Hey, Skie..." Jade asks, "Uh... This might seem like a 'duh' question, but are we in the dead woods? Because I'm pretty sure the seal is supposed to be."

Tamamo
04-10-2016, 10:52 PM
Update Revision
Alty raises his crystal and a black, fire tornado whirls up from the bowels of the earth. With the smoke clears all fall silent for a new figure has appeared from within it. Dagger drawn, and blood dripping off the edge.
La Croix glares at you, "No fucking way... Umm you do realize you just summoned a demon queen and there's no way to get rid of her right? She's stuck her. God damn it. I should of stayed and got drunk with the mermaid."
"You would be dead if you did that." The demon queen says. Her dagger still drawn facing the Alraune, neither of them backing down.
"Care to explain Helifa, I'm all ears, probably the only one dumb enough to trust a demon. Well I did use to be a necromancer So may'be that's why but still." La Croix's voice is empty. And her expression is lifeless. You now understand why she where's a mask 24/7.
"God could you be any more of Revenant. If your going to pretend to be human a tleast do a better job of it. Orcus must be laughing at your right now. We can't talk now. THis plant needs to back off first, back the way off. Before I turn her into a salad."
"Find, I understand... I'll play your game, but mark my words. The next time any of you take a step inside this forest, my subjects will Kill you on Sight. Consider it a APB."
"And I'll do the same for you in the Abyss. You old hag."

Arc 2.2 Forest of Fey Wrap Up
PROS:
NEW ALLY! You now have a Demon Lord for an Ally. I'll explain why she isn't as evil as people think right now. Her and Teras take the same approach to their goals. Hers intent is love, Teras' intent is nature. In other words she's a Shadow Succubae? I guess. This is something new I've never done before. This should be interesting. I'll let TheDarkOne decide if they get along or not. But their minds are wired similarly.
Each of you learned something important, it is possible putting it together to identify the culprit.

CONS:
You have a APB (All Points Bulletin, which means every flower's gonna be after your ass now." Stubborn Flowers.
In other words the Jungle and Mushroom Cave which will come much later will be more dangerous, it is possible to reach a "Come to Terms with Queen Alraune, but only at a neutral location. She's too cocky in the forest."

Note that arc2 is not done. We still have some stuff left to do. I'll post more on sunday giving more then enough time for you guys to play Ace Attorney. Enjoy. Once you think you've got your man or woman. Highlight me. You have only one chance, so make sure you think carefully!

http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb3vdlcAfI1rznfdpo1_500.jpg

mrz84
04-11-2016, 11:26 AM
<Well now things are gonna get interesting...But first...>

"Nerinae. I've got some questions for ya. And I'm not one to take feigned ignorance or misdirection lightly. And I'll know." <She doesn't know about my Millennium Eye...but I haven't tried to use it to read people's thoughts sinse my powers and artifacts have been sealed...At least my eyepatch keeps it hidden regardless.>

"I wanna know what the flying fuck is going on."

Tamamo
04-11-2016, 11:34 AM
Nerinae is back in the village, probably intoxicated.

mrz84
04-11-2016, 12:53 PM
Derp...Alty just stands then, brooding to himself about his servitude.

*ignore the previous post, it never happened*

Tamamo
04-11-2016, 08:28 PM
Knowledge Base
Inn you stayed at in the Elven Village: Helen's Bed and Breakfast.
The Dead Woods was not the location of the seal, which means the elder's son was lying.
Nerinae is hiding something.
La Croix is very strong since she's a Revenant, when she hit the stone nothing happened.
A Raven was watching La Croix.
Helena seems to be after more then just La Croix.
La Croix and the Demon Queen seem to know each other.

It would help to identify any possible culprits now, as there are consequences later if you fail.

Update
============================= TheDarkOne King Aquamentus mrz84
Helifa hides her wings and you make your way out of the forest and back to Teras' house. And all sit down. Eerie silence...
"Both the captain and these traveller's friend are missing Sister."

What do you do?

mrz84
04-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Alty searches for Nerinae and attempts to get the truth from her, warning that he is not easily mislead nor lied to.The previously Millennium Eye would allows him to read her thought, provided it isn't currently sealed by the Demon Queen's magic. Regardless of its current status, he makes no direct/indirect mention of it and hopes that his warning is enough to get the truth from her.

King Aquamentus
04-12-2016, 07:52 PM
"Where is the elder's son," Jade asks "For we much desire to speak with him..."

Tamamo
04-12-2016, 11:35 PM
King Aquamentus
"The soldier scratches his head. I saw him whispering something into the inn keepers ear. They nooded with smiles on thir faces and then the three went to the bar. Haven't seen gim either come to think of it. His wife is still at the inn though."

mrz84
You rush over to the bar and find the bottle on a table with a note with the same words in chicken scratch written over and over again.
It's all my fault. What have I done.

TheDarkOne
04-13-2016, 01:13 PM
I look over to Jade. "Let's go talk to her. I want to know why he lied to us." I get up to head for the inn. "Who's coming with me?"

Tamamo
04-13-2016, 01:55 PM
====================================
Update
====================================
TheDarkOne King Aquamentus
The Demon Queen whispers into La Croix ear and she nods putting her max back on.
"We'll go with you."

You enter the inn and find the Inn Keepers wife look up from a book she's reading. "There's a Raven eating a crow on the cover."
"Your supposed to be dead, I'll let my son fix that."

She snaps her fingers and this monstrosity appears out of a summoning circle with black mist. The same mist from the mermaid city.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/28/9f/58/289f58d1f5e650ab1c234e6309137a5a.jpg

All of sudden unintelligible shrieks fill your ears.

Then the screams stops. And you her another voice, in your head. The Demon Queens.
"A deafen spell, it's only temporary Don't worry."

What do you do.

mrz84
All of sudden your emblem burns, "I think I know what is going on in this village. These people are cultist of Xenovia, they even sacrifice their children turning them into monsters. Me, Jade, and Skye are fighting one now. I need you to head to the barracks. Oh and try not to blow your cover."

What do you do.

King Aquamentus
04-13-2016, 05:16 PM
Jade gives a long glance at the demon queen, ears ringing.

"I can't hear anything right now, but I'm hoping you can read thoughts. Can you please tell everyone to hold off on targeting the creature, and to focus their attacks on the mother instead?"

mrz84
04-13-2016, 06:07 PM
Alty rushes as sneakingly to the barracks as he can. <If anything else, I can always solar Flare outta here if I'm spotted.>

TheDarkOne
05-26-2016, 12:16 AM
I turn and look at Tamamo. "Is this story dead now?"

Tamamo
05-26-2016, 12:54 AM
Far from it. Just been waiting for you to reply to this specifically since it's combat.

The Demon Queen whispers into La Croix ear and La Croix nods putting her mask back on.
"We'll go with you."

You enter the inn and find the Inn Keepers wife look up from a book she's reading. "There's a Raven eating a crow on the cover."
"Your supposed to be dead, I'll let my son fix that."

She snaps her fingers and this monstrosity appears out of a summoning circle with black mist. The same mist from the mermaid city.

All of sudden unintelligible shrieks fill your ears.

Then the screams stops. And you her another voice, in your head. The Demon Queens.
"A deafen spell, it's only temporary Don't worry."

What do you do.

TheDarkOne
05-26-2016, 01:01 AM
I draw my short sword and turn to face the woman. "I don't need to kill your summoned beast, I only need to kill you." I thrust my sword at her, with a twist of my arm, attempting to decapitate her.

King Aquamentus
05-27-2016, 08:54 AM
Hi everyone. I've been a bit unwell lately, insomnia or some such. Sorry if I'm not very active.

Jade shrieks at the attempt. "No!! Stop!!! If you attempt a direct attack she'll..."

mrz84
05-27-2016, 07:34 PM
Alty is still trying to sneak into the barracks. Should he be discovered he plans to Solar Flare his way out of there.

Tamamo
06-26-2016, 01:31 AM
mrz84 TheDarkOne King Aquamentus
And after that way too long commercial break we are back! Let's see who the bad guy is everyone! One post per person. Once all three of you post, I'll Update this ASAP! Gotta make up for lost time. Until the end of this Arc.
============================
Skye / Jade
La Croix pulls out a knife and throws it at the woman as she deflects Skies blow to her neck, but all of sudden she's consumed in errie green flames that give
off the smell of death. Her flesh corrodes leaving behind a charred skeleton which is pulled by two black hands into a green vortex. Here screams echoing around you. Everyone looks at the demon queen except Lacroix.

La Croix: "That's a taste of the magic of the agents of death. Those hands we'll drag you we're you belong. Straight to the river of acid for that her. Damn how unlucky."

The beast has also been banished.

The demon queen begins speaking. "Hang on a moment, where the hell is Merlina! FUCK! Follow me Now!" She races out of the tavern and heads to the center of town where a circle of people are gather quaking in horror as they stare straight up into the sky. A swirling black mist is forming a hurricane, except hurricanes don't form over land. The demon queen pushes people out of the way and you find Merlina smack dab in the middle of it with a cermonial dagger and the corpses of shoulders at her feet. blood forming a magic circle and her arms spread wide with her gaze turned upwards. A malicious smile across her face.

Merlina: "Finally, I found the apex of the forest seal, with this I can finally attain the power of my master the Great Witch and become her true successor! and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me!!!"

What do you do?

Alty
You not only managed to find a way inside since there weren't any guards what so ever but you also found Merlina and the Captain both chained to a wall with manacles. She looks worst for ware.

"Thank god, please get me out of here. My second in command did this to me, wasn't a pretty sight. Merlina is out cold as you can see, stupid fish drunk herself out cold."

What do you do?

mrz84
06-27-2016, 01:42 PM
Alty enters, cautious of any traps. He attempts to use his Millennium Eye to read their thought and confirm the truth. If his eye isn't working: "Fuck it. Let's get you two outta here" and releases them (if no key is visible, he uses his greatwords to break the chains, mention they can remove the manacles later) and heads outside.
Stops when he sees the changes outside. "Well fuck a butt-duck lollipop. Nothing good can come from this." Alty rushes to the center of town and once he is within distance to do so, body checks whomever is causing the problem.

Tamamo
06-30-2016, 09:56 AM
Just waiting on these two. :)

TheDarkOne
06-30-2016, 12:54 PM
Realizing there is only one chance, I quickly reach into the secret sheath in the top of my right boot and draw out my Elven dagger.
((In AD&D terms, this is a throwing dagger with a +1 damage bonus, never misses, and returns to the user's hand after it strikes its target. Skie rarely uses it unless in an emergency and this certainly qualifies))
I take aim at the hand holding the dagger and let mine fly, hoping to knock it from her hand, as there are only seconds to stop her.

King Aquamentus
06-30-2016, 04:54 PM
Jade sends a bright green flash up into the sky. It isn't very harmful but it is enough to distract the demon queen while she makes a mad dash to smear the blood circle. She then mumbles something under her breath.

"corpses of shoulders...?"

Tamamo
06-30-2016, 08:08 PM
It appears everyone is confused.

Merlina is the villain. Not the Demon Queen, she wouldn't release the Seals under any circumstances.

TheDarkOne
06-30-2016, 10:08 PM
Realizing there is only one chance, I quickly reach into the secret sheath in the top of my right boot and draw out my Elven dagger.
((In AD&D terms, this is a throwing dagger with a +1 damage bonus, never misses, and returns to the user's hand after it strikes its target. Skie rarely uses it unless in an emergency and this certainly qualifies))
I take aim at the hand holding the dagger and let mine fly, hoping to knock it from her hand, as there are only seconds to stop her.((I didn't mention the Demon Queen anywhere in this post))

mrz84
07-01-2016, 10:34 AM
I didn't mention her either. I mentioned I was gonna body check whoever was causing trouble (plus Alty works for her, even if its against his will, he'd avoid causing injury to her)

Tamamo
07-01-2016, 01:11 PM
Update
======================================= TheDarkOne King Aquamentus mrz84
The dagger flies true and hits the staff Merlina is holding causing her to lose her grip. The sideeffect is more then appealing the vortex destabilizes and grows and a elongated arm reaches down and grabs her. She screams as she is dragged swiftly up into the vortex. The vortex destabilizes further and finally collapses.

Demon Queen: "At last this trifling matter is finished, the seals should remain safe for now."

The crowd disperses but a man with long black hair and dark eyes wearing a equally black cloak with hood pulled up.
???: "You shouldn't be so sure Demon Lord of your enemies motives, Xenovia's purpose of this ritual was not to give but to receive. She does not give anything but death and despair. Even to her followers. Not that I mind, death is my specialty after all."

The staff remains at the the ground. And this strange new figure also remains. However, La Croix seems to have dispersed with the crowd.

What do you do?

TheDarkOne
07-01-2016, 01:22 PM
I surreptitiously replace the Elven dagger in my boot, taking care to make sure I am not observed.--having magical weapons on one's person can make one a target for thievery, and Elven-made weapons demand a high price on the black market. If it weren't for my dear, departed Artanis, I would not have this dagger--it was his, before he died, and it is all I have left of him besides memories. As for the staff ((I could have sworn you said it was a dagger she was holding)), I leave it where it is. No good can come of such a thing as that, and I want no part of it.

King Aquamentus
07-02-2016, 02:44 AM
Jade meekly pokes her head out from the back of the group "Hiya!!"

Tamamo
07-02-2016, 08:06 AM
You will find no coin purse on me, off with you and your thieving hand spawn of Tiamat. With a flick of his wrist he flings you into the sky to the west.

King Aquamentus
07-02-2016, 10:12 AM
Jade reappears from behind the strange man almost immediately. How exactly? Let's just say she rolled a natural 20 with one of her Thief-trade skills. She looks very cross.

"Hey that wasn't very nice if you don't want anything to do with us then just say so and walk away otherwise stop being so rude geez you remind me of that racist mermaid that I've been nothing but lenient with even moreso than everyone else around here even though she's tried to kill us but I'm not gonna be the one to murder a hey where do you think you're going I'm not done yet you know you're a racist too where do you get off thinking I'm here to steal your purse why do you even have a purse thats kinda weird not that guys cant have purses if they want hey you are a guy right now if you were referring to a crotch bulge that's TOOOOOOOOTAALLY different but why would I want to steal a crotch bulge GROSS, and anyways..."

Tamamo
07-03-2016, 06:30 AM
King Aquamentus
Vetoed: I could of sworn I told you before not to pull that crap. If your not going to contribute to the progression you are going to be punished. I do not take kindly to spam in my rpgs. Last warning okay.

King Aquamentus
07-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Tamamo, everyone else

Not really, no, nor am I going to drag on about things I've already said behind the scenes in regard to a lack of humor throughout the story.

Tamamo
07-03-2016, 11:49 AM
King Aquamentus...
Very well...

The man looks up at Jade quizzically.
"As I thought, you are a dragonkin, no mere Lizardfolk could of avoided such a direct blow. How perplexing, tell me child. How did you come to be in this world? A world where dragons cannot live or breathe."

I'll explain the Mana Field, in depth in the next update.

King Aquamentus
07-03-2016, 12:42 PM
"Beats me" Jade shrugged. "One minute I was flying along, next thing I know I'm in a weird sky, things smack me out of it, I end up in a tree, and that's when I realize... ...my belly went up into my chest. I guess these things allow me to breathe? Hell I didn't even know I wasny supposed to be able to, I've really just kinda been rolling with it. ^^;" her tail's tip is idly swinging left and right, whimsically. "Anyway I'm Jade!! Nice to meetcha"

mrz84
07-03-2016, 07:23 PM
Alty arrives with the freed captives. Seeing nobody to body check, he sighs and heads towards the group.

"Found these 2 bound in the barracks. Now what did I miss? Also, who is the weird guy?" Allty spies the staff. "Oh. Neat. Can I keep that? As a trophy? I like to keep trophies from my adventures. Plus they usually end up being artifacts of destruction or whatever so I seal them in a pocket dimension of my own creation. Stuff goes in, but it don't come out unless I want it to." Alty attempts to take the staff as a trophy, so long as there are no interruptions from anyone else, and will proceed to put it in said pocket dimension for safe keeping.

Tamamo
07-03-2016, 11:31 PM
Update

Alty: mrz84
You have another vision from grabbing the staff.

You find yourself on the roof of a castle in the abyss. The demon queen approaches a six armed creature hunched over. "Stop, I cannot fight any longer. Tell me! Why do you hate me so! I fulfilled my purpose. Now let me go." Her indifferent expression turns into a malicious grin. "Poor Xenovia, did I hit you too hard. Let me try again." She kicks the creature over on it's backs and begins speaking to it. "The Queen of a Thousand Fucking Teeth. What a joke." You couldn't even get your job done in time, although you did complete it. She conjures a whip of purple flame and starts to repeatedly beat her. "I should of never of brought you into this world aberration." Xenovia cocks her head up to ask a question but is stepped on by Liliths foot. "Then why don't you send me back?" Lilith's eyes light up with bewildered excitement and her lips curve into a malicious grin. "I know exactly what to do with you actually. I'm going to imprison you for all eternity! And curse anyone who tries to free you!" Her body is ripped apart and sent flying throuh six portals."

The scene on the roof the castle fades to black and you are left alone, all of sudden Xenovia appears before you and addresses you.

"Servant of Lilith, no Slave. Yes I can tell. You bare the mark of a slave." She points to your seal. "I make an offer. I will dispell that, buit in exchange... You will have to work for me until I am released and she is dead and not that traitorous wench. I can use my power to put distant between the two of you and anyone else you think will be willing to join our cause. Once my goals are complete any and all who follow me will have 14 years of good fortune." She looks over to a woman, Merlina shackled. "I will await your answers traveler. I have a traitor to deal with." With that she moves over to Merlina who shrieks and then looks over her shoulder. "Remember, I always honor my deals."

I was actually not counting on you doing something so risky, thank god I had this back up plan. Huge plot diversion here btw. Now that you and you alone know what is truly going on. As for the seal being removed, that is the only chance your getting. Unless Lilith dies, it's there for good. -T

Continue reading at bottom

Everybody Else TheDarkOne King Aquamentus
All of a sudden alty touches the staff and begins screaming and then falls on his back. Everyone rushes over to see what is wrong.
Lilith: "QUICK NERINAE! BREAK IT!"
Nerinae smashes the staff beneath her foot, but nothing changes.
Lilith: "Fuck, going to have to perform mouth to mouth."
She hops on top of him and slams her fist onto his chest. Nothing she lowers her mouth to his and opens it and then...
Alty all of a sudden wakes up and begins kissing Lilith who pushes him away and bitch slaps him!
Lilith: "Do not fuck with me. You're a slave know your place." Lilith stands up and walks away stomping her feet

What do you do.

mrz84
07-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Alty smirks. "Ya, well I'm not gonna be your slave forever. Sooner or later you're gonna fuck up. And when you do, I'm gonna take back my life." Alty stands up and walks over to the side, crossing his arms while the others talk about the recent events. [Alright Xen, I'll bite. What will it take to get this mark off of me and my powers back? Also, I'm pretty sure that the others are not completely trusting of her yet. You'd have to explain to them most likely. But before anything else goes further, I'm gonna say this: Don't. Fuck. With. Me. I don't take kindly to being someone's minion. Lilith isn't the first to try it is all I'm gonna say about it, but I will not tolerate being used by others for personal gain. At least not for very long. Now what do you need to do?]

Alty waits for a response, keeping an eye out for any more trouble.

King Aquamentus
07-04-2016, 06:11 PM
"Uhhh..." Jade coughs, "that's... Lillith and Alty, our friends." She seems a bit embarassed by their antics.

Tamamo
07-04-2016, 07:19 PM
mrz84
Are you absolutely sure you want to fly solo on this. Note that unless you inform the others of Xenovia's offer you will be pursued from all sides. The Demon Queen is no where in sight, so now would be your best chance to bring up that vision you just had. And perhaps the others too. -T

mrz84
07-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Alty checks for a second, and then lets the others know he has something to say while the Demon Queen is nowhere in sight. "I didn't wanna mention this around Lilith, but when I grabbed the staff I had a vision. To make a long story short, we're batting for the wrong team." Alty the briefly describes Xenovia's offer to them and and what other details are important on the matter before giving them all a moment to think it over. "Once you know what you wanna do, Lemme know and we'll let Xen know. If you don't wanna join me, that's fine. I won't think less of you."

Alty then goes back to watching the area.

*As a side-note, I'd like to point out that Alty can be quite the reckless risk-taker, for future reference*

Yeah I figured as much. -T

TheDarkOne
07-05-2016, 01:00 PM
"I'm not sure I trust Xenovia any more than I trust Lilith. I suppose, however, than Xen is the lesser of two evils. I'm with you, for now. What is our next move?"

Tamamo
07-07-2016, 12:01 AM
===================================
Update
===================================
Everybody: mrz84 King Aquamentus TheDarkOne
The hooded figure leaves.

Nerinae: "Hey look everyone! I found a cute black bird!"

All of a sudden a crow cocks her head up at her and begins speaking.
Crow: "You have two seconds, to shut the fuck up fishface and listen. That goes for all of you."
The bird hops out of her hands and waddles around.
Crow: "You guys have obviously lost your minds. I'm going to go find my master. And perhaps inform or lady of what has transpired."
The crow grows in size to a roc and flies away in the direction of the demon queen.

Nerinae: "Not good, let us form a circle. I will teleport us to safety"
She bows her head and spacetime warps around you as red mist fills the air, and you all find yourselves before Xenovia the queen with 1000 fucking teeth sitting on a thrown merlina stands beside her with a chain bound to a manacle around to her neck, a dead look in her eyes. All of a sudden to your surprise she kneels. She raises her head and to your shock her eyes have turn scarlet and her hair is black.
Nerinae: "It seems you are enjoying my gift my Queen."
Xenovia: "Indeed, and you have helped my saviors escape the demon queens wrath, you are truly a remarkable servant. Once I am free you will become as powerful as Dagon himself and the Entire ocean will be under your control as I have promised."
A satisfied smile makes it's way across Nerinae's face as she leaves the 3 of you alone.
Xenovia: Now tell me what is your ultimate desire. I will grant it upon my release from this eternal prison. As it is written by us outer gods, those who contract us must receive compensation, and I can grant anything being a god of both fortune and despair.

What do you do?

arc 3 has begun

TheDarkOne
07-07-2016, 03:38 PM
I reflect on this in silence. I know well what my ultimate desire is, but I am hesitant to ask for it. Some things, no matter how much you want them, are better to let go. Artanis has been gone for two years, and he should probably stay dead. On the other hand, I would have liked to have the chance to tell him how I felt about him before his death.

((I feel make it clear that Skie's elven friend Artanis is in fact dead--no "surprise-he's-actually-alive" twists, Skie actually held his body in her arms as the life left it so there is no question about his death. And yes, he was an elf, but you probably picked up on that when I mentioned how Skie got her dagger))

mrz84
07-07-2016, 05:11 PM
Alty take a few seconds to reflect before answering. "In the past I've dealt with being forced into the service of others via curse marks, powerful magic, and such. I want immunity to such abilities so I never can be forced to serve anyone again."

King Aquamentus
07-08-2016, 04:37 PM
Jade knew what she needed to ask for, but was hesitant to do so. Although unsure if even this woman could return her home though, she declined to ask. For one, she did not like to be manipulated. Secondly, she'd grown attached to her allies. Somehow, Jade was confident there would be other ways... but what to wish for instead...?

Tamamo
07-09-2016, 11:59 PM
=========================
Update
All of a sudden a large chained coffin appears behind you which bursts open revealing a portal. Out of the portal steps a revenant.
Skye addresses La Croix in surprise and everyone stares at the undead being with disbelief. Is this really La Croix.
La Croix: "When I revealed myself to you, that was a sign of trust. You shouldn't take it with a grain of salt Skye. You ladies, are about to become slaves to an elder god. I'm here to make an counter offer. Help me kill this thing and the demon queen like I originally planned. I'm already free from Merlina's control. So time I take my own iniatives. Only reason they're even alive is because they made a deal with me 1000 years ago. I tend to collect on their debts."
She begins charging a purple lightning bolt and fires a bolt of dark energy at Xenovia.
La Croix: "Now quick, get your asses through the portal. We'll just forget this mishap and discuss or plans later."
Xenovia fires counterspell at La Croix right now they're evenly matched. Wow either Xenovia is really weak, or La Croix is one hell of a grim reaper."
Xenovia: "You fools! Kill her why you still have a chance! That's an order!"
La Croix: "HURRY! I can't maintain this level of magic for long!"

TheDarkOne King Aquamentus mrz84 What do you do?

http://i.imgur.com/mD5Qxdt.png?1

mrz84
07-11-2016, 07:16 PM
Alty turns to Xen. "I told you earlier. I take orders from NO ONE. Also, not to fuck with me. You chose your words poorly Xen." Alty pulls a button on his left arm sleeve to open it and revealing his left arm. Or at least what's left it and the mechanical arm that functions as it now. He opens his left hand and it reforms into a lion head and fires a blast of energy at Xen. After it fires, Alty makes haste to the portal, not wanting to stay longer than he requires. As he leaves through the portal he flips off Xen with his right hand while sticking his tongue out.

King Aquamentus
07-13-2016, 05:23 PM
Groaning, Jade pulls at Skye's arm, successfuly or otherwise. "Oh, come on would you!?" rolling her eyes, they disappear into the portal.

Tamamo
07-13-2016, 06:13 PM
Update

After narrowly escaping Xen's wrath, Lacroix flies through the portal and the hooded man from earlier slams his hands together closing it.
All of a sudden the figure's form shifts into a gigantic raven with that spreads it's wings, La Croix Kneels before it's eerie majesty.

"Good day mortals, I am the Raven King. Roc of Death. 1000 years ago, Lilith contracted the outer god in hopes of defeating her sister and she succeeded claiming the title of Demon Queen. However all was for naught as she tried to seal the god using the forbidden spell of sealing. However spacetime fractured open xenovia was sealed away, but she was sent to this world, and the book was lost. Or so Lilith thought. I spent the last 1000 years searching the planes for this book (he pulls a dusty black tomb out of his robes), this book has enough magic power inside to make an entire world disappear. With it we can destroy an immortal such as Xenovia, but we need to reach her domain first. What you saw was a refraction. It was not her true form, as she is formless outside of the world she calls home. Imprisoned she has no form, so she simply uses a homunculous. As for direction, we must gather my brothers, they each have a fragment of a keystone that can open the way to the Outer God’s realm, and from there we can unseal Xenovia and destroy her. Leave Lilith to Alty and Lacroix, both of them have a debt to settle. And La Croix loves nothing more than to collect on debts. I'll leave the path you take up to you. Mountains, Desert, and the Frozen Waste. Those are where my brothers can be found."

Up ahead you see a massive fissure in the ground with green glow coming out of it The giant raven takes flight and flies across the chasm of light towards a castle.

La Croix "This is Gaia's Navel, the center of the world. Look up. Merlina used to call that floating city home. Before they tried to release Xenovia and the Demon Queen butchered her entire race leaving her as the only survivor. The past is just a story, if you can just except that the past loses all power over you. Try to remember that folks."

What do you do?

mrz84
07-13-2016, 07:54 PM
Alty returns the mechanized arm to normal before replacing the sleeve to its previous state. "Raven King, huh? He sounds like the most reasonable person since I got here. So let's get these keystones and kick the face in of anything that gets in our way then." Alty punches a clenched fist into a open hand as he says this. [I've got debts to settle. And nobody better try to make me a damn slave again. First person that tries it gets a foot to the teeth...or whatever they have for a face anyway.]

Tamamo
07-13-2016, 09:01 PM
mrz84 King Aquamentus TheDarkOne
La Croix smiles at your gesture.
La Croix "I too have debts to settle, I would love nothing more then to hold her while you rip her black heart out of her chest with that fancy arm of yours Alty. What do you say guys? You game for a Demon hunt?"

Note this is a sidequest guys, and is also serious business for two of the party members.

King Aquamentus
07-13-2016, 09:13 PM
"I'm up for the desert, if anyone is coming with" Jade peeps

TheDarkOne
07-13-2016, 11:40 PM
"I'm game. I don't fancy being a slave to anyone, no matter what they promise me. My fondest desire is not one I would want granted, anyway...but never mind that. We have a demon queen to hunt."

mrz84
07-14-2016, 05:15 PM
"Time for some demon hunting then!" Alty cracks his knuckles with a wicked grin on his face.

King Aquamentus
07-17-2016, 06:50 PM
"that woman could never give me what I seek", Jade rumbled, a few sparks crackling loudly from her mouth as she gritted her teeth. "not if she intends to keep me."

TheDarkOne
08-16-2016, 01:49 PM
A month with no update. I am withdrawing from this game.

mrz84
08-16-2016, 06:06 PM
A month with no update. I am withdrawing from this game.

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been an update because Tamamo is on hiatus for a few months (she mentioned it back in July in the Veldt, though she has poked her head in every now and again so I don't know what's going on anymore). If there hasn't been an update by the end of September I will see what she wants to do and if I don't get any concrete answer by the end of October, I'll close this thread unless she wants to leave it open for later use.

TheDarkOne
08-16-2016, 11:50 PM
Either way, I'm still withdrawing.

Tamamo
01-12-2017, 02:29 AM
What the hell I'm in the mode for a RPG, and we never finished this one. So we might as well...
TheDarkOne King Aquamentus mrz84

=================
Update
=================
La Croix: Very Well, but we need something first if we're going to actually kill her and not banish her. And that's the Blacken Scriptures. Foul Magic yes, but that's my specialty. Last person who had a copy was a Order of the Raven member named Andras. Guy's an asshole, and calls himself the Marque of the Damned. Looks like a falcon riding on dog from some netherworld. Can't missed him. Usually hangs out in the wastelands about a 4 hours from here on foot. Then we wait for him to come to us which he will knowing the arrogant bastard. After that we kick his ass and steal the scriptures. Any questions or are we ready to leave?

mrz84
01-12-2017, 09:40 PM
Alty "Ugh. I freaking hate arrogant bastards...I just wanna punch 'em in the face when I see one...I'm game!" Alty has a wicked grin on his face.

Tamamo
01-20-2017, 10:23 PM
TheDarkOne King Aquamentus
I take you two aren't interested anymore?

TheDarkOne
01-20-2017, 10:46 PM
i am currently without internet (posting this with my phone) so right now I can't get on here often enough to play.

Tamamo
01-21-2017, 12:20 AM
TheDarkOne
Well updates are only going to be weekly now; excluding battles, but I can hold off for another week if need be if mrz84 is alright with it.

mrz84
01-21-2017, 03:24 PM
Tamamo
I'm ok with whatever.

Tamamo
01-22-2017, 12:03 AM
Very well we will wait a little bit longer for TheDarkOne

TheDarkOne
04-15-2017, 03:18 PM
I have internet again so if anyone is still interested in doing this one, I'm up for it.