PDA

View Full Version : about passwords and what I think about them

Shadowblitz16
01-03-2016, 03:46 AM
ok I understand that people want to protect their work
like for example they make a game with completely custom tilesets and is their idea
however when it comes to making zelda games, or any Nintendo fan game it just seems wrong
for one the zelda franchise is nintendo's. the only reason to password something is to protect your work right?
well a zelda fan game does not count as your work by law. its actually stealing to use their stuff without their permission.
and to make a zelda fan game and then password it? thats basicly saying its your work

also why would you want to password your game it helps people learn from examples
it also helps people get scripts/resourses for THEIR zelda games

so thats why I think their should be a new rule about using password
1. if you do not own the game you cannot password it
2. if you don't like people wanting to use your assets, then for god sake people don't put it in a Nintendo copyrighted game

I hope I can get your opinions on this
this for one is just mine

TheDarkOne
01-03-2016, 12:23 PM
I think most people use password to prevent cheating. After all, they worked hard to make a good game, tried to make it challenging for the more advanced players, and don't want people to just go in and use cheat codes. I think those were mainly meant for play-testing, anyway. Also, the parts of the game that were their idea (things not done in the original Zelda or any other Zelda game) are things they don't want other people stealing. I've seen people implement things in custom quests that I can't even begin to guess how to do them. And if the average casual player doesn't know how to bypass the password (like I don't), then that protects their work in both cases.

Shadowblitz16
01-03-2016, 02:40 PM
I can see your point about the cheating part :/
its sad that someone would do that.