PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or is pureZC not loading right now?

Anarchy_Balsac
01-02-2016, 03:17 AM
I've been having trouble accessing the website all day, is this unique to me, or are others experiencing the same problem.

Gleeok
01-02-2016, 05:19 AM
It seems to be down right now.

http://isitdownforjustme.appspot.com/

Anarchy_Balsac
01-02-2016, 06:53 AM
I guess their service expired with the new year.

I hope it gets fixed soon though, I wanted to officially announce the changes brought be the expo, but I need to review the thread to do so.

Nicholas Steel
01-02-2016, 12:27 PM
It was a bit hit and miss recently but now it's just completely dead.

Anarchy_Balsac
01-02-2016, 03:55 PM
I sure hope LTM comes forth with information soon if isn't fixed.

DaviAwesome
01-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Hi, this is DaviAwesome and I come from PureZC to share information about why the website is down. PureZC's host (Linode) has been hit continuously with DDoS attacks since Christmas. PureZC is thus down due to these attacks. To avoid any confusion, PureZC has not been hit with DDoS attacks. Linode has been the one receiving the attacks which is consequently affecting PureZC. LTM and Nick are unable to do anything; the only people that can fix this problem are the Network Engineers that work at Linode. Currently, they are attempting to migitate the attacks and are saying that networking connectivity should be up somewhat soon.

I hope this helps clarify the issue.

Anarchy_Balsac
01-02-2016, 04:17 PM
Hi, this is DaviAwesome and I come from PureZC to share information about why the website is down. PureZC's host (Linode) has been hit continuously with DDoS attacks since Christmas. PureZC is thus down due to these attacks. To avoid any confusion, PureZC has not been hit with DDoS attacks. Linode has been the one receiving the attacks which is consequently affecting PureZC. LTM and Nick are unable to do anything; the only people that can fix this problem are the Network Engineers that work at Linode. Currently, they are attempting to migitate the attacks and are saying that networking connectivity should be up somewhat soon.

I hope this helps clarify the issue.

It certainly does. What probably happened is that Lizard Squad couldn't take down PSN and XBL because Anonymous threatened to hack them for it, so they attacked someone else instead.

I guess some people just want to be assholes.

Deathrider16
01-02-2016, 04:59 PM
YES! someone else is having my problem i wanted to start playing ToT, melee wizard is playing it, looks fun

Deathrider16
01-02-2016, 05:01 PM
no word on when the fix will be complete

CyberGamer1539
01-02-2016, 05:18 PM
Ugh, this needs to be fixed so I can vote in the Superlatives. At least I know its happening to others!

DaviAwesome
01-02-2016, 05:31 PM
The Superlatives have not started yet on PureZC due to it being down for so long. We are moving the schedule back, so we are planning to open nomination voting tomorrow as long as PureZC comes back on today. :)

BFeely
01-02-2016, 06:27 PM
I guess the datacenter my Linode server is hosted in (New Jersey) must be unaffected by the DDOS attacks; my site has been going strong all along. However, in light of the news, I have launched an rsync backup operation on my Linode just in case.

C-Dawg
01-02-2016, 08:03 PM
I wish the PureZC admins the best of luck in re-establishing the site.

Without it, I don't have a lifeline to Saffith and Gleeok to fix my spaghetti-bowl ZScript!

BFeely
01-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Guess what? IT LOADED! Takes a couple tries though and loads slow; the connection is still probably losing a large number of packets. They do say they are still working on the issue as mentioned at https://linode.statuspage.io/ about an hour ago.

BFeely
01-03-2016, 06:22 PM
So out of curiosity, why don't either you or PureZC have HTTPS on their forums? That would be a great idea for any password protected website. Since I know now that PureZC is running on a VPS, they should go over to letsencrypt.org for a free certificate and reconfigure their Apache hosts to use HTTPS.
However, things don't look so easy for armageddongames.net as it is using shared hosting.

Nicholas Steel
01-04-2016, 06:07 AM
Yeah I can confirm the website is working albeit slowly.

Tamamo
01-05-2016, 10:29 AM
I wish the PureZC admins the best of luck in re-establishing the site.

Without it, I don't have a lifeline to Saffith and Gleeok to fix my spaghetti-bowl ZScript!

Explain this C-Dawg, is your script stored on Pure? You could try contacting them through agn through this site if not. They go by the same usernames and Gleeok is here daily just PM him. Saffith not so much anymore.