PDA

View Full Version : Here's a cool idea: Screen notes

King Aquamentus
12-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Basically, when working in Zquest, you could leave notes on each screen, regarding plans you might have or certain triggers/changes. This could be handy both for remembering what you plan to do, or for sharing a project and cooperating with other questmakers.

ZoriaRPG
12-13-2015, 11:32 AM
It sounds quite useful, but it would be a pain to implement without many changes. Primarily, that the notes would be stored per screen in the quest file.

As someone with the short term memory of a midge, I do like this idea.

Lelouche Vi Britannia
12-13-2015, 09:02 PM
I've been using MS Paint to do most of my dungeon planning, but having a feature like this in the editor would be awesome, but I can see how it would also be a nightmare to code....

ZoriaRPG
12-14-2015, 07:41 AM
I've been using MS Paint to do most of my dungeon planning, but having a feature like this in the editor would be awesome, but I can see how it would also be a nightmare to code....

Paint? I'm lost. What in the world are you doing, mate?

I normally just put notes in a text file, as i always have SciTE open. Absolutely always.

Tamamo
12-14-2015, 09:01 AM
Come on kiddos Everyone has a different way of dungeon planning. I use origami. :trollface:

ZoriaRPG
12-15-2015, 09:34 PM
I use origami. :trollface:

Isn't that basically ZC maze paths? :p

Tamamo
12-16-2015, 10:06 AM
ZoriaRPG
Touche good sir, touche...

Lelouche Vi Britannia
12-17-2015, 11:20 AM
Paint? I'm lost. What in the world are you doing, mate?

I normally just put notes in a text file, as i always have SciTE open. Absolutely always.

What am I doing? This...

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad298/Michael_Riccardo/Dungeon%20Example%20Builder%20posted-jpg_zpsqeie1q2t.jpg (http://s945.photobucket.com/user/Michael_Riccardo/media/Dungeon%20Example%20Builder%20posted-jpg_zpsqeie1q2t.jpg.html)

Lelouche Vi Britannia
12-17-2015, 11:25 AM
The advantage to doing it this way for me is that once I'm done building the quest, I can dress up these planning files and turn them into a "strategy guide" to package along with the quest for people who get stuck, or like to look at their Christmas presents early. Smaller dungeons usually only take about 20 minutes to an hour to whip up with this method. The longest was planning level 9 in the current project which I did over 2 days and took a total of around 5 hours to plan.

ZoriaRPG
12-19-2015, 08:39 PM
The advantage to doing it this way for me is that once I'm done building the quest, I can dress up these planning files and turn them into a "strategy guide" to package along with the quest for people who get stuck, or like to look at their Christmas presents early. Smaller dungeons usually only take about 20 minutes to an hour to whip up with this method. The longest was planning level 9 in the current project which I did over 2 days and took a total of around 5 hours to plan.

I can respect this. it's just so odd to think of anyone using Paint instead of Photoshop, Illustrator, or Gimp. I suppose it's straightforward enough, but it doesn't respect layers, so moving objects around sounds somewhat tedious (?).

Lelouche Vi Britannia
12-19-2015, 09:00 PM
I can respect this. it's just so odd to think of anyone using Paint instead of Photoshop, Illustrator, or Gimp. I suppose it's straightforward enough, but it doesn't respect layers, so moving objects around sounds somewhat tedious (?).

Nope. Using a white background while I edit and set selection type to transparent, it works out just fine.