PDA

View Full Version : [2.55] Increase Script Buffer Size

ZoriaRPG
12-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Apparently, the present script buffer is 18MB. There's not even a good reason for that limit. How about we increase that to something insanely large, and be done?

Tamamo
12-10-2015, 02:23 PM
Apparently, the present script buffer is 18MB. There's not even a good reason for that limit. How about we increase that to something insanely large, and be done?

Have you reached the limit? How big is your ZScript file. I've heard of maxing out ffcs and before gleeok increased them combo alias but this is quite unheard of.
Additionally let's say your script is 180 kb (that's huge) , you'll be able to copy this into the buffer and rename it 100 times approximately.

ZoriaRPG
12-12-2015, 02:37 AM
Have you reached the limit? How big is your ZScript file. I've heard of maxing out ffcs and before gleeok increased them combo alias but this is quite unheard of.
Additionally let's say your script is 180 kb (that's huge) , you'll be able to copy this into the buffer and rename it 100 times approximately.

4.76MB, as-is, with engine functions at around 40% complete, without item ffcs, without animations, without enemies, without hardcoded strings, without dialogue trees, without AI engine, without extra scrolling handling code, and without filled-in table values. I will probably push the boundary with the strings/dialogue trees.

It doesn't matter though. 18-20MB is probably an extremely arbitrary limit, and we can correct that, to 512MB or something, without any qualms.