PDA

View Full Version : Link Missing in Game Menu

PlasticTopHat
12-06-2015, 01:49 PM
I am having a strange issue where the image of Link is missing from the game menu, where it should be next to my name where I saved my game. I'll give specific step-by-step info on what I did, in case that helps you determine the problem.

1. Downloaded ZC, played and won first quest.
2. Decided I wanted to proceed on my Windows 7 laptop (had been playing on family Windows XP desktop)
3. Downloaded ZC to my laptop.
4. Opened the game files on the family desktop, found the .SAV file, and emailed it to my laptop.
5. Downloaded the .SAV file from the email on my laptop, and placed it in the game files.
6. Opened ZC. All of the family's saved games were there.
7. Deleted all of my bro's saved games, leaving only mine, because I'm the only one who plays on my laptop.
8. Played a minute to make sure it worked properly, died, and saved.
9. It put me back on the saved game menu, and the red sword was there that shows up when someone is on the second quest, but Link is gone.

It's not really a game-crushing issue, but it would be nice to have Link back where he's supposed to be. Can someone suggest a way to fix the issue?

Thanks!

ZoriaRPG
12-07-2015, 03:29 AM
This belongs in bug reports, but ...

What ZC version are you using?
With that icon, you completed 1st.qst, and are now on 2nd.qst in the same save slot. Is that correct, or are you on 3rd/4th/5th?

Replicating this bug might be a problem, really, but it would be good to know what version you are using. It clearly should not happen.

Upload your zc.sav file somewhere, and PM a link to it to me, so that I can check it in a few ZC builds, and see if I have the same problem with it that you have.

Tamamo
12-08-2015, 10:12 AM
This belongs in bug reports

Done...

PlasticTopHat
12-09-2015, 01:00 PM
This belongs in bug reports, but ...

What ZC version are you using?
With that icon, you completed 1st.qst, and are now on 2nd.qst in the same save slot. Is that correct, or are you on 3rd/4th/5th?

Replicating this bug might be a problem, really, but it would be good to know what version you are using. It clearly should not happen.

Upload your zc.sav file somewhere, and PM a link to it to me, so that I can check it in a few ZC builds, and see if I have the same problem with it that you have.

I'm using version 2.50.1.
Right, I completed the first quest, continued on to the second quest in the same save slot, moved the save file to my laptop, played a few minutes, saved, and link was gone, leaving only his sword. I have not completed the second quest.

I have put the file on Google Drive, and will PM you a link. It should say something like no preview available, and give you a download button. Now, this .sav file is from after I moved it, played, saved, and lost Link. If you want the original file from my desktop, that still has Link, just let me know.

ZoriaRPG
12-10-2015, 02:05 AM
I confirmed this. I'm not sure how the icon was corrupted though, so I'll get the .sav file over to Saffith.

I loaded his .sav file in a studio'd copy of 2.50.2, using Win7, and this was the result:

http://www.zoriarpg.com/zc/250_2_Bugs/PlasticTopHat_ZC250_2_Error.png

ZoriaRPG
12-10-2015, 02:06 AM
I'm using version 2.50.1.
Right, I completed the first quest, continued on to the second quest in the same save slot, moved the save file to my laptop, played a few minutes, saved, and link was gone, leaving only his sword. I have not completed the second quest.

I have put the file on Google Drive, and will PM you a link. It should say something like no preview available, and give you a download button. Now, this .sav file is from after I moved it, played, saved, and lost Link. If you want the original file from my desktop, that still has Link, just let me know.

It would be good to have the original file, so that I can replicate everything that you did, and see if the same thing happens.
Saffith
I confirmed that the icon in the save file is just gone. I'm not sure how the icon was corrupted though, so I'll get the .sav file over to you at your discretion; and I'll see if I can replicate this with his original file.

I loaded his .sav file in a studio'd copy of 2.50.2, using Win7, and this was the result:

http://www.zoriarpg.com/zc/250_2_Bugs/PlasticTopHat_ZC250_2_Error.png

PlasticTopHat
12-10-2015, 03:17 PM
Okay, I have sent the original file to you via PM.

PlasticTopHat
12-14-2015, 11:55 AM
Now, I'm no programmer, but is there any way you can break down a .sav file into text, and compare the contents to those of another second-quest .sav file and see what's different? I'm not entirely sure how all what works.

PlasticTopHat
01-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Hellooooo....? If you guys don't have time to work on this bug, it's okay... it doesn't really interfere with my playing, it's just cosmetic... but I would like to know where everybody went. :P