PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Direct 11-12-2015

mrz84
11-12-2015, 07:50 PM
The newest Nintendo Direct aired about an hour or so ago and I just finished watching it. TOO. MUCH. AWESOME.

Go watch it. NOW. Here's a link even.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF3AnGHbG6s

Now, talk about it (or not, that's your choice)

:megaman:

Anarchy_Balsac
11-12-2015, 08:33 PM
I seriously hope you're being sarcastic.

Lelouche Vi Britannia
11-12-2015, 10:06 PM
The first thing they revealed was yet another re-release... LOZ:TP was awesome, don't get me wrong, but really? An HD remake? How about a new game that doesn't suck for the Zelda series, or is that too much to ask?

Gleeok
11-13-2015, 11:37 AM
Is that what they play when you go into a gamestop? ...because after 5 minutes of that the voices in my head become angry with Reggie.

Anarchy_Balsac
11-13-2015, 05:38 PM
For those who didn't watch it, let me summarize:

*3DS content*
*MORE 3DS CONTENT*
*FUCK YOU WII U OWNERS*
*MORE 3D-FUCKING-S CONTENT*
*a remake or two for Wii U*
*MORE FUCKING MIDDLE FINGERS TO WII U OWNERS*
*3DS EXCLUSIVE MEGAMAN AIIBO*
*Well, Cloud was announced for smash*

Lelouche Vi Britannia
11-13-2015, 09:08 PM
My responses to the summery

*Fuck the 3DS*
*Fuck the 3DS with a plastic fork*
*Why does Nintendo hate its fanbase?*
*Fuck the 3DS with a set of rusty fishing knives*
*Remakes... that all you can offer us?*
*Seriously, why do you hate us so much? Do we not give you enough money?*
*Fuck the 3DS with turbo-charged jackhammer*
*I'm not THAT much of a FF7 Fanboy... fuck Nintendo's developers, make some GOOD shit for a change*

Anarchy_Balsac
11-14-2015, 03:03 AM
I agree except for Cloud. He's not MY top pick for a FF character either, but expecting a FF character other than cloud is like expecting a Mario series character other than Mario to appear abroad, or the same for a Zelda series character other than Link, or a Metroid series character other than Samus.

Sure, it's possible, sort of, but most of the time, it simply isn't happening. Cloud at least showed up in another fighting game and in Advent Children, got over his petulant whining about that stupid, flat, annoying bitch. My only complaint about Cloud is that Zack wasn't shown to be an alternate costume.

rock_nog
11-14-2015, 11:22 AM
Uh... I'm kinda excited for a Hyrule Warriors 3DS release, I guess? I was really kinda of hoping for Mario Maker for 3DS, still holding out hope on that one. And I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that I actually kinda like Badge Academy. Yes, it's a bunch of microtransaction BS, but I've gotten enough badges through complimentary free plays to deck out my 3DS menu pretty nicely, which is a nice change given the fact that I refuse to spend money on wallpapers (bad enough Nintendo won't let us make our own wallpapers, but to charge money for the ones they do have is absurd).

Anarchy_Balsac
11-14-2015, 02:12 PM
My problem with HW 3DS isn't that it exists, it's that it's a cheaper updated rerelease, not even for the same console, with none of the new content even being released as DLC for the Wii U. Worse still is the timing, it's not like they waited 5-10 years or anything.

CJC
11-15-2015, 01:57 AM
Keep in mind that Nintendo has less competition in the handheld game market. Phone games run on impulse purchases and cannot have complicated mechanics (as they're tap-based) so they don't hold a serious gamer crowd, and the Playstation Portable seems to focus mostly on ports. That gives Nintendo a nice juicy market of gamers who want to be able to play a round of something while they're sitting on the train, eating lunch, or on break.
Additionally, as they're gearing for fourth quarter and the holiday purchase rush, emphasizing the handheld games is more advantageous than pushing the console (One sale of the Wii U, while a higher grossing product, can't beat out four sales of the "new" Nintendo 3ds [Super Nintendo 3ds] so a group of friends can play tantalizing multiplayer titles together. Additionally, gamer parents lean towards handheld games and systems because then their children aren't tying up the console).

Since the Wii U emphasizes connectivity with the handheld systems, even using them for controllers in certain games, you can expect the first quarter of 2016 to push the Wii U again, no doubt with DLC that ties these handheld ports back to the console titles. They did it with Smash, so why not Hyrule Warriors? I'm sure there's a measurable audience that would like to run five-player scenarios, if only because they were roped in by the one who has the console version. Additionally, the weaker handheld port will have to prune features (because of lower processing power and battery limitations) which Nintendo likely believes will drive more console sales.

(Didn't watch the whole video, just skipped to a few highlights)

Anarchy_Balsac
11-15-2015, 10:54 AM
None of which stopped them from making Wii U games before. And the HW thing still doesn't excuse not at least porting the content over as DLC.

mrz84
11-15-2015, 09:27 PM
They mentioned back during E3 that the 3DS characters will be coming to the WiiU version of HW, we just don't know when outside of buying the 3DS version and using a code it comes with. Personally, I expect them to go into detail about this once the time comes for the 3DS release (most likely within the month before release) with a DLC pack similar to the previous ones for the WiiU.

Anarchy_Balsac
11-15-2015, 10:22 PM
They mentioned back during E3 that the 3DS characters will be coming to the WiiU version of HW, we just don't know when outside of buying the 3DS version and using a code it comes with. Personally, I expect them to go into detail about this once the time comes for the 3DS release (most likely within the month before release) with a DLC pack similar to the previous ones for the WiiU.

AFAIK, buying the 3DS version is currently the ONLY way. There's certainly a chance it won't stay like that, but Nintendo has done a terrible job of showing that.

Besides which I don't just want the new characters, I want ALL of the new content ported over.

Lelouche Vi Britannia
11-15-2015, 11:54 PM
AFAIK, buying the 3DS version is currently the ONLY way. There's certainly a chance it won't stay like that, but Nintendo has done a terrible job of showing that.

Besides which I don't just want the new characters, I want ALL of the new content ported over.

Agreed. Still, a new Zelda that is nothing like Skyward Sword would be nice. Speaking of Zelda news, what's everyone's opinion on Linkle?

Anarchy_Balsac
11-16-2015, 01:14 AM
Agreed. Still, a new Zelda that is nothing like Skyward Sword would be nice. Speaking of Zelda news, what's everyone's opinion on Linkle?

Indifferent, if they do her right, why not?

Nightmare
11-16-2015, 04:16 AM
Cloud is more morketable, I'm still shocked they'd do him considering he's like Sony IP. But if you're talking pure Nintendo stuff, Kefka would've been better He originated on the SNES, and is like the series' most known villain next to Sephiroth (who has the personality of a lackey).

Maybe we're finally seeing the end of console exclusivity wars: They have really hurt the consumer over the years and Nintendo is not totally invested in hardware, so......

-James

Lelouche Vi Britannia
11-16-2015, 10:17 AM
Cloud is more morketable, I'm still shocked they'd do him considering he's like Sony IP. But if you're talking pure Nintendo stuff, Kefka would've been better He originated on the SNES, and is like the series' most known villain next to Sephiroth (who has the personality of a lackey).

Maybe we're finally seeing the end of console exclusivity wars: They have really hurt the consumer over the years and Nintendo is not totally invested in hardware, so......

-James

IMO Kefka was the best Final Fantasy villain EVER.

TheDarkOne
11-16-2015, 01:59 PM
IMO Kefka was the best Final Fantasy villain EVER.I agree. Final Fantasy VI has always been a personal favorite of mine (even back when I thought it was part III). My only problem with Kefka as a villain was the lack of any backstory. What happened in Kefka's past to turn him into what he is now? This we are never told, but even still this is one of my top three favorite Final Fantasy titles (the other two being part IV and part VII, not necessarily in that order). Honestly, I think they were all good, with the possible exception of Mystic Quest and a couple of the GameBoy titles which weren't "true" Final Fantasy titles anyway.

Anarchy_Balsac
11-16-2015, 04:45 PM
I'm of the opinion that backstory isn't always necessary. Sometimes, that Ax-crazy mofo just is, you know?