PDA

View Full Version : Ok, how did I do that?

Lelouche Vi Britannia
11-12-2015, 02:25 AM
Every problem begs for a solution. This question is probably a no-brainer for you veterans so here goes.

One time while editing, I clicked something and managed to get two flags to be active on a single combo (the first was on the top half of the tile and the second flag showed up on the bottom half. I didn't need it there so I fixed it, but now I've run into a situation where two flags are necessary, specifically Flag 4 and 6 on two different combos (burn trigger and bomb trigger respectively) each combined with 94 (Trigger -> Self Only). So... how do I do it? I've tried multiple combinations (shift-click, ctrl-click, alt-click) with no luck.

CJC
11-12-2015, 05:05 AM
What you encountered was an Inherent flag.

There are two ways to place flags in Zelda Classic. You can place them with the flag tool (this creates a regular flag) or you can set the flag in the properties of a combo (this creates an inherent flag). Setting a flag on a combo and then placing a flag creates the situation where both flags apply (what you were describing; this is how you set up Trigger->Self Only secrets).

I don't know what the shortcut is on the screen proper, but you can edit the properties of a combo and select the inherent flag by right-clicking on the combo in the palette (on the right side of the editor) and changing its properties.
BEWARE: This changes the properties of every copy of that combo in your quest. Plan ahead and make a copy of the combo to edit, so that you can change its inherent flag without causing a cascade of changes throughout your quest.

Hope this helps!

Tamamo
11-12-2015, 10:33 AM
BEWARE: This changes the properties of every copy of that combo in your quest. Plan ahead and make a copy of the combo to edit, so that you can change its inherent flag without causing a cascade of changes throughout your quest.

YES! And with scripting you can do some damn awesome stuff by changing combo definitions that are global such as type and inherent flag. ;)
Wanna make it so you require a Level 2 flipper to swim in lava, with scripting! YOU CAN!

Lelouche Vi Britannia
11-12-2015, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the information, I know what to do now.