PDA

View Full Version : Imprecise Scripted Collision

ZoriaRPG
10-31-2015, 03:54 AM
Reported by Lejes on PZC, here:

http://www.purezc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=68608#entry978721

He made modified collision checks, with offsets, to post-fix it, but it;d be better to fix it in the source at some point.

Tamamo
10-31-2015, 06:02 AM
Gleeok
Okay you bastard I told you about this ages ago and you said it wasn't a bug and now MORE people say it is. I win Necky, I win...
*Edtior's Note this is Satire*

Gleeok
10-31-2015, 06:53 AM
I fixed some of this wacky-ness is 2.50.2; You have to have old-style collision rule enabled.- But it still does nothing for scripted eweapons. You have to just handle that however you can based on what you want to do with it.

To put it simply: It cannot be fixed. Decades of code depends on whatever weird things the engine decided to say about whether Link gets hit with eweapons or not. I still don't know why it does anything that it does. People get mad over fixing bimap drawing, so I'm not going anywhere near this one. :P It's not really a bug if it's always worked like that, anyway.

ZoriaRPG
10-31-2015, 07:06 AM
Fair enough. I didn't want to incorporate a modified collision set in std.zh, in the advent that this issue was to be fixed, for the same reason.

Bitmap drawing though, is understandable. Several big / scripted games do become unplayable over it. I still suggest adding int build to ZScript, for future versions, so that it becomes possible to write functions that work differently, if needed, instead of using QRs for script-related changes.

Tamamo
10-31-2015, 07:10 AM
Gleeok
Ah true I forgot you went and did that. Wonky wonky. I'll probably redo everything come opensource since I'm rewriting the weapons anyways.
Why?
Cause the shit's a mess and they don't even match NES weapon collision., well At least they didn't in 2.5.1 >_>
Also: WEAPON EDITOR

Anarchy_Balsac
10-31-2015, 07:16 AM
I think there should be a quest rule that causes an instant game over if it's loaded in 2.5.2 :D

Gleeok
10-31-2015, 07:57 AM
Actually, the one way to change it without breaking anything would be the ability to set some Link collision rects for weapons and enemies inside the Link data page. That's my best suggestion.

Tamamo
10-31-2015, 09:07 AM
Gleeok
Organization is key here, remember where mainly doing it for the rewrite.
And the fact that the one you gave me looks like someone with 8th grader syndrome wrote it. (Google that)

One thing that needs to be done is cleaning up the bomb(blast) and mirror code.

don't even get me started on the mirror code. I drank a whole bottle of wine after reading that shit and shook my head in shame.

One thing I need to keep in mind about weapons is enemy hit return 3. Yup I still plan on implementing that too eventually.

Anarchy_Balsac
10-31-2015, 09:26 AM
Gleeok, just curious, but how is FFC coming along?

Gleeok
10-31-2015, 09:44 PM
Gleeok, just curious, but how is FFC coming along?

Don't know. Just started working on it again this week.

I finally put in a project asset list, so anything can in the game be loaded by a simple id. This was needed before I could properly do things like warp events, play sound, etc. (Yes, I know it's pretty ridiculous to have C# scripting before the ability to play a sound.) Everything's sort of ass-backward without an editor--I'd make one but that was the main reason I stopped working on it in the first place.

I could literally rip out all the rpg stuff and that would be like a plausible zc 3.0 re-write.