PDA

View Full Version : Trying to invent a riddle

Majora
10-13-2015, 07:26 PM
Here's what I got so far:

You can find one of me in a pentagon, but two in each of the vertices. After a point, my beginning adds up to my end which is identical to my middle. What wasn't used is the same before that point. What am I?

I'm fully aware that this might be completely retarded and not how riddles work but I'm taking a stab at it anyways. Might be too esoteric. If no one gets it i'll post the answer in an hour and a half.

CJC
10-13-2015, 07:44 PM
Is it a vector? I know that two vectors, added together, are the same as one going through the middle of a parallelogram, regardless of which vector was added first. I can't relate it to the pentagon, though, since it is comprised of many vectors.

Interesting.

Gleeok
10-13-2015, 08:24 PM
Does a pentagon have a length or a magnitude? ..IDK, a line.

Majora
10-13-2015, 08:30 PM
CJC: No, but you're within the same county (broader than a ballpark).

Gleeok: Focusing on the wrong bit.

I will PM you both the answer then you can point and laugh at my deficient riddle-making skills. :(

Tamamo
10-13-2015, 09:08 PM
Here's one my friend Sphinx stump me with for almost 100 years.

I follow them by day, I follow them by night. I come in many forms, but always am the same person.
1. WHO AM I!
2. WHO DO I FOLLOW!

Tamamo
10-28-2015, 12:00 AM
Wow you guys suck at riddles...
Answers
1. Death
2. Life

edit: We should move this to FOrum games
Majora
The answer is the sum isn't it.

ZoriaRPG
10-31-2015, 05:34 AM
Beautiful, but deadly, dancing the heavens, or trapped in a glass. Amber is my lodestone, the mind my home.

Have fun, and no, you can't google it.

Tamamo
10-31-2015, 06:05 AM
ZoriaRPG
Mesquite Chicken!

Lelouche Vi Britannia
11-04-2015, 11:30 PM
Beautiful, but deadly, dancing the heavens, or trapped in a glass. Amber is my lodestone, the mind my home.

Have fun, and no, you can't google it.

An idea. That's my best guess.

Lelouche Vi Britannia
11-04-2015, 11:33 PM
Like soldiers of old we stand rank and file, side by side. We whisper, yet hear not though ears we have. If you choose to stand among us, you may get lost within the ranks. What are we?

ZoriaRPG
11-05-2015, 04:14 AM
An idea. That's my best guess.

Hint:

-=SPOILER=-

ZoriaRPG
11-05-2015, 04:15 AM
Like soldiers of old we stand rank and file, side by side. We whisper, yet hear not though ears we have. If you choose to stand among us, you may get lost within the ranks. What are we?

Maize (corn)

Tamamo
11-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Malaria or Mesquito

Lelouche Vi Britannia
11-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Maize (corn)

Well played.

TheDarkOne
11-06-2015, 09:44 PM
I've got one to ask.

In marble walls as white as milk
Inside a skin as smooth as silk
Within a sea, crystal clear
A golden treasure shall appear.
No doors are there to this stronghold
Yet thieves break in to steal the gold.

Lelouche Vi Britannia
11-07-2015, 01:38 AM
I've got one to ask.

In marble walls as white as milk
Inside a skin as smooth as silk
Within a sea, crystal clear
A golden treasure shall appear.
No doors are there to this stronghold
Yet thieves break in to steal the gold.

Racked my brain with this one for a fair bit. Then I realized I had a few of these for breakfast this morning... the answer is an egg.

Lelouche Vi Britannia
11-07-2015, 01:52 AM
Ok, I legitimately just made this one up. I'm not actually a poet or anything like that, but sometimes inspiration strikes. Probably an easy one but here goes...

On me you do rely,
Without me you all may die
Those in the field beg me to stay,
But say those in the city, "go away"
Enough of me and life will bloom,
Too much of me may spell your doom
My arrival makes children cry,
'Till 7 colors cross the sky

Gleeok
11-07-2015, 03:47 AM
Lelouche Vi Britannia: Rain.

ZoriaRPG: Electricity.

Lelouche Vi Britannia
11-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Lelouche Vi Britannia: Rain.

Well I did say it was easy, lol

TheDarkOne
11-07-2015, 02:40 PM
How about this one?

The poorest have it, the richest need it, but if either were to eat it, they would slowly die.

mrz84
11-07-2015, 03:14 PM
*throws hat into the ring* I have a riddle I heard years ago.

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt, cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
Its lies behind stars and under hills. And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follow after. Ends life, kills laughter.

Gleeok
11-07-2015, 11:19 PM
*throws hat into the ring* i have a riddle i heard years ago.

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt, cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
Its lies behind stars and under hills. And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follow after. Ends life, kills laughter.

-=SPOILER=-

how about this one?

The poorest have it, the richest need it, but if either were to eat it, they would slowly die.

-=SPOILER=-

I made my own from your riddle. :)

The richest have it, the poorest need it, but if either were to eat it, they would slowly die.

And here's one that stumped me for years:

100 coins are scattered on a table in a dark room. 90 of them have heads facing up and 10 of them have tails up. You cannot see or feel which coins have heads or tails facing up. How do you sort the coins into two piles so that there are an equal number of tails in each pile?

Lelouche Vi Britannia
01-09-2016, 12:50 AM
100 coins are scattered on a table in a dark room. 90 of them have heads facing up and 10 of them have tails up. You cannot see or feel which coins have heads or tails facing up. How do you sort the coins into two piles so that there are an equal number of tails in each pile?
Gleeok

Whelp, this one is definitely odd. After careful deliberation and brainstorming, also spreadsheets and such, I came up with the following answer...

-=SPOILER=-

Lelouche Vi Britannia
01-09-2016, 12:59 AM
You have died... my condolences on your loss....

But the afterlife was not what you were expecting; you were not bad enough to go to hell, but not good enough to go to heaven either. So it has been decided that your cleverness will determine your eternal reward....

You enter a room and the door shuts behind you, disappearing into a sheer wall. Ahead of you, you see two angels. Both of the angels sit upon small pedestals and look exactly the same, identical twins in every respect. On each side of the room is a single door, both closed. As you step forward you see a small pedestal before you with a note on it. It reads as follows...

Know ye who have entered here that thy mind shalt be tested. If ye can pass this test, ye shall ascend to heaven, but if ye fail, ye shall find only oblivion in the depths of Gehenna.

The angels before thee have been chosen by God. One of the will ALWAYS speak the truth, and the other will ALWAYS lie. Nothing shall indicate to thee which is which.

The doors are important as well, for one shall lead thee to the high heavens, while the other shall lead thee to the depths of hell. You may open only one door.

You may ask but one question. This question may be directed to both angels, or only one at your desire, but only one question may be asked. Based on the answer to this question you must choose which door to open. Good luck.

What do you do?

TheDarkOne
07-14-2017, 11:49 PM
Ask of the first angel (henceforth #1) "Would the other angel (#2) tell me that the door on the left leads to Heaven?"

If #1 answers yes, then the other door leads to Heaven. If #2 is telling the truth, then #1 is lying about what #2's answer would be, so the answer would therefore be no. If #1 is telling the truth, then #2 is lying, and the answer would again be no.

If #1 answers no, then the reverse applies and the answer is yes.