PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 video output issues

Nicholas Steel
08-17-2015, 09:36 AM
Fullscreen, regardless of vsync, double buffering, triple buffering and DWM Vsync setting configurations: The display will blink solid blue every other frame and maybe show some garbage as well. The AGN flaming logo appears fine, as does pausing the program with Escape to access the title bar menu, everywhere else is when it flickers blue every other frame.

Windowed @ 1280x960:

Vsync Enabled
Strangely works perfectly.

Vsync & DWM Flush Enabled
Framerate fluctuates around 40FPS. Inconsistent frame rate makes it a stuttery mess.

Vsync & Double Buffering Enabled
Frequent stutter due to vsync fighting with Windows 10 DWM.

Vsync & Triple Buffering Enabled
Frequent stutter due to vsync fighting with Windows 10 DWM.

Vsync & Double Buffering & DWM Flush Enabled
Seems like it's missing one frame every second.

Vsync & Triple Buffering & DWM Flush Enabled
Seems like it's missing one frame every second.

TheDarkOne
08-21-2015, 12:39 PM
Since Windows 10 is new, I highly doubt ZC has been optimized for it. I don't even think it's been optimized for 8.1 yet.

XMuppetSB
08-21-2015, 09:06 PM
Since Windows 10 is new, I highly doubt ZC has been optimized for it. I don't even think it's been optimized for 8.1 yet.

I myself happen to have Windows 8.1, and I'm able to run ZC and ZQuest, but sometimes, I experience some bugs that make the keyboard not work at all, which prevents me from being able to edit certain things in ZQuest. But honestly, I haven't checked for any of these video output problems on Windows 8.1, seeing as I usually stick to windowed mode since full screen mode has a history of being buggy.

TheDarkOne
08-22-2015, 12:19 AM
I also have Windows 8.1 and ZC runs fine in windowed mode, but if I try to run it fullscreen I get graphical problems like those described above. I don't think it's a bug, I think it's a matter of trying to run a program under an OS that is the newer than the program.

Nicholas Steel
08-23-2015, 12:49 AM
I'm reporting the behaviour so that if it ever does get looked in to, they have at least a starting point. I don't expect an improvement until after the upcoming public source code release and subsequent rewrite over the next 2 or 3 years but one can always hope for one.