PDA

View Full Version : A strange behavior with potions

XMuppetSB
07-14-2015, 08:30 PM
I'm not sure if anybody else has tried this before or not, but I tried making a potion item that takes away life or magic one time, and I noticed that when it is used, the life or magic meter just decreases instantly instead of decreasing gradually, whereas if it is set to refill life or magic, then the life or magic meter increases gradually and not instantly. If anything, maybe there should be a flag that determines whether or not the counter increases or decreases gradually.

Asuna Yuuki Nagato
01-30-2024, 05:16 AM
I think it works that way because anytime you get hurt, it's really important to know what your actual HP is immediately. The original LoZ suspends the action when you drink a potion until you are fully healed, so you don't have to worry about getting hurt during that time. That behavior doesn't seem to be playing nice with the poison you've created. Whatever flag we would add, it might be a good idea to use a different sound effect as well so people have another way of telling that that potion isn't healing them.