PDA

View Full Version : Satoru Iwata, President of Nintendo of Japan, Has Passed Away

King Aquamentus
07-12-2015, 09:00 PM
http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/12/8940067/satoru-iwata-nintendo-dies

Satoru Iwata, the relatively fresh leader of Nintendo of Japan, died on July 11th from a bile duct growth. He was 55.

Nintendo publicly released a company correspondence a few days later, to confirm that this is in fact not a hoax.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150713e.pdf

Anarchy_Balsac
07-12-2015, 09:13 PM
Considering the shady Amiibo, DLC practices, and screwing over Wii U Hyrule Warriors owners, and Wii U owners in general, I can honestly say I hope this means a positive turn around.

Now if only Don Matrick, John Riccitiello, and countless others in the modern game industry would join him...................

Yeah I know, I shouldn't say such things, but it's hard NOT to.

mrz84
07-12-2015, 10:17 PM
He shall be missed. :crying:

Tamamo
07-14-2015, 07:36 AM
So some respect! A man just died. o_O

Anarchy_Balsac
07-14-2015, 09:08 AM
Content removed, please do not put it back this time

King Link
07-14-2015, 09:26 AM
That's not even close to the same thing. Point out literally some of the worst people to ever live and compare them to a CEO who worked to make people happy? Your justification is... Well non-existent. That's like saying your grandfather or another relative was a man who passed away, and yet by your logic, as good or as bad as they may have been, there's no redeeming qualities to them?

As for the whole Iwata thing, I think it's awesome how much praise, support, and general good will has been shown by the gaming community since his passing. Gone too young, as well, but his legacy will stick. He did, after all, help Nintendo out of some of their worst years, and always maintained an excellent, exuberant even, and happy-go-lucky attitude.

Anarchy_Balsac
07-14-2015, 11:01 AM
That's not even close to the same thing. Point out literally some of the worst people to ever live and compare them to a CEO who worked to make people happy? Your justification is... Well non-existent. That's like saying your grandfather or another relative was a man who passed away, and yet by your logic, as good or as bad as they may have been, there's no redeeming qualities to them?

I'm simply saying that I don't increase my opinion of someone just because they died, not that he was on their level. I know he wasn't as bad as any of them, but that doesn't mean I have to forgive what Nintendo has been doing as of late, or the fact that he caused much of it, simply because he died. I'll go ahead and remove the contents of my previous post, since it's getting taken out of context, but my point stands. Death does not redeem a person, good qualities do.

Tamamo
07-14-2015, 12:46 PM
Your acting like you actually knew the person personally, you didn't none of us did. We only know him as a CEO of Nintendo. Who died too young.

Tim
07-14-2015, 03:42 PM
He clearly doesn't know what HAL is.

King Aquamentus
07-14-2015, 04:54 PM
Alright everyone, its over. Let's focus on the memory of Iwata here.

Tamamo
07-17-2015, 11:54 PM
vaya con dios Satoru Iwata. You'll be missed.