PDA

View Full Version : The E3 2015 Thread

mrz84
06-13-2015, 12:35 PM
With this year's E3 all buy upon us, I think it would be nice to have a thread for all the discussion and such for it. Hence, this thread. You can discus all things E3 here, including leaks (though please use spoiler tags if somebody hasn't seen them yet or doesn't want to see it yet until E3 is over).

I will start things off with a leak! *pushes digital idol aside and steals vegetable in question*

-=SPOILER=-

Have fun with that. :kitty:

ctrl-alt-delete
06-13-2015, 01:11 PM
Wow, that first one is really intense. Nice find.

Jaydeadone
06-14-2015, 05:20 PM
Frickin Nintendo already blocked your link bro.... sigh....

mrz84
06-14-2015, 09:45 PM
Oh well. It will be public soon enough (I won't spoil it for anyone who missed it). In the meantime, enjoy this announcement from the Nintendo World Championships today. :kitty:

-=SPOILER=-

[Edit-O-Vision]

They revealed this too. :kitty:
-=SPOILER=-

Jaydeadone
06-14-2015, 09:57 PM
So keeping with the non-spoiling attitude.....I'll ask this very vaguely.

So is it just R-- that they added?

J~

mrz84
06-14-2015, 10:02 PM
Yes.

mrz84
06-15-2015, 03:11 PM
Microsoft has revealed a little tidbit about the XB1 that is to come this year. Check the spoiler tags below for the one thing out of their entire conference that caught my interest (still won't sway me to buy an XB1 though...yet)

-=SPOILER=-

Jaydeadone
06-15-2015, 04:33 PM
Ya, I saw in the news today. It's always nice when systems can do this.....correctly. It's too bad I have never owned or had a desire to own a Xbox...
J~

ctrl-alt-delete
06-15-2015, 07:58 PM
Microsoft has revealed a little tidbit about the XB1 that is to come this year. Check the spoiler tags below for the one thing out of their entire conference that caught my interest (still won't sway me to buy an XB1 though...yet)

-=SPOILER=-

Ya, I saw in the news today. It's always nice when systems can do this.....correctly. It's too bad I have never owned or had a desire to own a Xbox...
J~

Have we really reached the point where a fucking console feature shouldn't be "spoiled?"

Gleeok
06-15-2015, 08:44 PM
I like how they make it sound like a big deal and did something that seemed impossible like inventing warp drive, when in reality they could of just as easily added backwards compatibility with the initial XBone release.

"XBone: For when your poorly designed 360 dies via RROD..."

Brasel
06-15-2015, 11:15 PM
So um. Sony had a pretty neat presser. :)

mrz84
06-16-2015, 10:37 AM
Sony's presentation in brief. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abvOZ3GaP3o

In hindsight, I could have left spoiler tags out of that last post as it is actual E3 stuff and not leaks. :shrug:

Also, more on MS's presentation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGeFhdPbo0Q

ctrl-alt-delete
06-16-2015, 11:16 AM
My body is ready for more stuff from Nintendo that I'll buy or pirate and not play!

Also, why has nobody from our community made a "prank" video for the Zelda Maker hype showing features of ZC and linking back here?

rock_nog
06-16-2015, 01:53 PM
Man, Mario Maker and Star Fox are really making me want a Wii U.

mrz84
06-16-2015, 04:47 PM
In case you missed Nintendo's Digital Event, here it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPDPSezEkcY :kitty:

[Edit-o-vision] And Squareenix's presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQwlJzROy38

ctrl-alt-delete
06-16-2015, 05:31 PM
In case you missed Nintendo's Digital Event, here it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPDPSezEkcY :kitty:

[Edit-o-vision] And Squareenix's presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQwlJzROy38

If you didn't miss it, I bet you wish you had.

Jaydeadone
06-16-2015, 06:55 PM
Have we really reached the point where a fucking console feature shouldn't be "spoiled?"

Heh, good point....

Jaydeadone
06-16-2015, 11:05 PM
It's about time Square did this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg

Gleeok
06-17-2015, 04:41 AM
There's actually some pretty great stuff this year. Especially the backwards compatibility of XBone, despite me bitching about Microsoft earlier, and some of the Nintendo stuff as well. ..

But the one thing I still don't get is why the hell everyone thinks Square Enix needs to remake FF7!? Seriously? It's already a game, and it's already called FF7, and if it is already so great then why does it need to be remade? I don't get it. I mean, looking back on their track record for FF remakes it seems like the graphics get overhauled--these always look pretty fantastic, kudos to the FF artist teams-- but the gameplay is either completely ignored, or made worse altogether. Can someone explain this to me?

Jaydeadone
06-17-2015, 05:31 AM
I like how they make it sound like a big deal and did something that seemed impossible like inventing warp drive, when in reality they could of just as easily added backwards compatibility with the initial XBone release.

"XBone: For when your poorly designed 360 dies via RROD..."

Yah, it's always pissed me off that PS3 wasn't sold backwards comp. as the base unit.... I was able to make my 'Jail broke' Wii and play Playstation games on it....I am pretty sure the 'bad ass' hardware on the PS3 could very well have handled 'single layered' dvd format as well as CD format no friggin problem...It's just another fkn gimmic...and I hate the greed that all of these companies have started to follow....
It's more about a business model now...and less about the loyalty and the games...
This has seriously effected both the quality and customer service with these long time companies....
I have had the privilege to live through the birth of home consoles and I have seen some very dismal crap from every major company....
The thing I hate most is with the influx of people that would have usually 'shunned' gamers in the past is exactly why the industry has changed direction for the worse and that the market is flooded with pure formulated, non-creative, linear crap. They are taking advantage of the fact that the majority of their customers are non-caring, uneducated lemmings...the same assholes that watch 'reality television'.
TBH though...they wouldn't have the funds to have some of the rare gems and break-throughs in home console gaming that we see today.
but hey, what the fuck do I know?
Like my uncle says, my brain is probably screwed from playing too many video games...

J~

Jaydeadone
06-17-2015, 06:01 AM
There's actually some pretty great stuff this year. Especially the backwards compatibility of XBone, despite me bitching about Microsoft earlier, and some of the Nintendo stuff as well. ..

But the one thing I still don't get is why the hell everyone thinks Square Enix needs to remake FF7!? Seriously? It's already a game, and it's already called FF7, and if it is already so great then why does it need to be remade? I don't get it. I mean, looking back on their track record for FF remakes it seems like the graphics get overhauled--these always look pretty fantastic, kudos to the FF artist teams-- but the gameplay is either completely ignored, or made worse altogether. Can someone explain this to me?

Well, I have thought about this a ton. As much as FF7 made me 'jizz in my pants' when I first saw it....It could seriously be improved.
Graphics, obviously....heck VIII was waaaay more detailed than VII....
What they could do now would bring a whole new group of fans...I would like to see my son enjoy this game...and I honestly don't think he would give it the same appreciation I have for it without an update in graphics.
Skipping cut scenes and narrowing down the 'summon' animation is a must for me. 'Knights of the round' was cool to watch the first 200 times, but when I set my materia to repeat.....ugh.....I have seriously walked out of the room and made a meal....ate half of it....rinsed and repeated the game commands....ect...
Get rid of the 'smart guy' cheats....like the 'Midgar Zolom' and learning 'Beta' early....
Don't get me wrong....I like the fact that FFVII is full of interesting stuff like this and that it is 'kind of' non-linear...but...let's face it, it's a cheat.
I don't like cheating.
Quick dialog is another must...
I press the 'command' button ....a sentence appears and I read it....(maybe the Japanese are slow readers or they think that the folks in the West are?IDFK FKEM)
With that said...voice acting would be a cool thing....but not if they are going to force me to listen to it......the option of hitting 'command' and getting the words is good enough for me.
I think the definition of the characters personality types can be more defined now that the authors are not so limited in their medium....I would like to see more of how Tifa and Cloud really reacted...ect...
That cool, but stupid battle that you always have to return to ehh.... 'Fort Condor' (sorry took me a minute).... It would be nice if there was some way of warning you when 'they' were in danger....maybe a (this is how much 'time' you have left system)....so that you didn't miss any battles.... (granted, most were crap)

But, to the defense of what you are saying, it seems that the FFVII world will not even be the same....perhaps they are thinking 'multi-player'.....I just hope they don't fk this up
J~

SUCCESSOR
06-18-2015, 05:31 AM
What I want to know is if my Xbox 360 digital library will transfer to the XBone. I have a lot more games downloaded from Xbox Live than I do on discs. I also wonder if using the discs just triggers a digital download of the game or only a patch. XBone might need a 2gig or higher HDD support since my 250 gig HDD on my 360 is pretty full and I don't even have a lot of games.

Gleeok
06-18-2015, 07:30 AM
What I want to know is if my Xbox 360 digital library will transfer to the XBone. I have a lot more games downloaded from Xbox Live than I do on discs. I also wonder if using the discs just triggers a digital download of the game or only a patch. XBone might need a 2gig or higher HDD support since my 250 gig HDD on my 360 is pretty full and I don't even have a lot of games.

To the Cloud!!!

https://nypdecider.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/mrmcgibblets-halloween.png?w=618&h=412

Nightmare
06-19-2015, 05:16 PM
To the Cloud!!!

https://nypdecider.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/mrmcgibblets-halloween.png?w=618&h=412

Cloud is only on PlayStation!

-James