PDA

View Full Version : Invalid tile format encountered.

ZoriaRPG
06-06-2015, 10:31 PM
What in the two universes could cause this error, in a quest file:

Invalid tile format encountered.

The file is saved in ZQuest 2.50.1 (Build 28), and opened in ZC 2.50.1 (Build 28).

Saffith/Gleeok: If you need the .qst file, I can send it to you privately. I think this must be a format bug with the packaging encryption, or compression... ?

I've never seen it in the past.

Samer
06-06-2015, 10:33 PM
I didn't even know this was possible

Tamamo
06-06-2015, 11:09 PM
The header is corrupted, that's the problem.

Saffith
06-06-2015, 11:15 PM
I don't see any reason to think it's a corrupt header...
Sure, might as well send it over.

ZoriaRPG
06-07-2015, 05:23 AM
Links in PM.

Saffith
06-07-2015, 03:04 PM
There must have been a problem with this quest before; I have an old version from a year and a half ago. I think it might be one that had its warp destinations messed up. It had the invalid tile then, too, so it goes back a ways.
I'll see if I can find anything that might explain it. In any case, ZQuest shouldn't just leave it there and act like everything's fine. I'll deal with that, if nothing else.

By the way, the way ZQ handles the invalid tile is really bizarre. Try playing with it; it's #60060. (I haven't seen it crash, shockingly, but I can't promise it won't.)

ZoriaRPG
06-08-2015, 05:07 AM
I went in, and changed tile 60060. I can't imagine how this error occurred, or how it would become corrupted. That is, how the data in a structure assigned internally, could ever be invalid, but at least changing the tile fixed it.

Perhaps some analysis on the internal tile data structure might shed light on what's causing the error, or how it could have occurred. Has the title data structure changed between 2.10 and 2.50.x? That may account for it, or it could have been subjected to a bad bit when writing/copying (perhaps at the filesystem level) at some point.

You may want to modify that error, so that it lists the tile ID in allegro.log, if it encounters an invalid tile. It was certainly a first, for me; perhaps for everyone.