PDA

View Full Version : Controller Issues

Feral
05-30-2015, 09:02 PM
My controller doesn't seem to work with this game. When I go to the controller settings, my buttons don't seem to activate the options.

Is there some restriction on what controllers work with this program?

My controller is Sabrant brand.

ZoriaRPG
05-30-2015, 09:25 PM
The PICs used in some controllers are simply rubbish. I don't know the brand, but I suggest you buy a basic SNES/SuFami type controller, and see if it works first. The absolute best way to go, IMO, is with the RetroUSB adapter (that's a product name) and a genuine Nintendo-brand SuFami or SNES gamepad.

Test something that you can buy off-the shelf in a SNES/NES shape first though. It would also help to know what version of ZC you are using, for what platform, and the specific OS version that you are running.

Feral
05-30-2015, 09:52 PM
I wasn't aware there was any other version of ZC outside of Windows. I just got into it from my friend, TeamUDF's channel, and thought it looked fun. The file version says 2.5.3.299.

My OS is Windows 8.

Gleeok
05-30-2015, 10:03 PM
ZC is picky about what device is first in the list. If you have multiple controllers plugged into windows try unplugging them and then plug that controller back in. If that doesn't work then it's just not being recognized by allegro, maybe joy2key will recognize it.

ZoriaRPG
05-31-2015, 04:23 AM
Could just be the Windows 8 host, too.

Floundermaj
05-31-2015, 11:58 AM
I use ZC on a Windows 8.1 PC with a USB SNES controller. Works fine. I doubt it's Windows 8.

TheDarkOne
05-31-2015, 12:31 PM
I use a standard Logitech gamepad that looks like a PS2 controller and it works fine for me.