PDA

View Full Version : Seperate Scripted Defenses in Enemy editor (2.6)

bigjoe
05-13-2015, 05:59 PM
The enemy editor needs to support seperate defense settings for LW_SCRIPT1 all the way to LW_SCRIPT10. This way, one could have a wider array of scripted weapons that have different effects on different enemies. As it stands, you may only have all scripted weapons operate on one defense setting. This is annoying if you want to have enemies that behave differently in respect to different scripted weapons.

When updating quests to the new version, all it would have to do to maintain backwards compatibility is copy the defense setting to all of them.

coolgamer012345
05-13-2015, 06:16 PM
It would be useful. One issue though, might be putting the quest from a 2.6 version to 2.5, as if you had different defenses for each scripted weapon "slots", it might get wonky in 2.5, as there is the 1 scripted weapon slot defenses tab. It might be able to do something like figuring the "mean" between the weaknesses (example: lets say there were only 5 scripted slots, for simplicity in this example, and lets say Scripted flag 1 was ignore, scripted flag 2 was 1/2 damage, slot 3 was normal damage, and 4 and 5 were 1-hit-KO. downgrading the quest could figure up what would be the most in-between the defenses. That would be, approximately, normal damage, or possibly double damage if that was an option. Ignore + 1/2 damage could add up to 1/4 damage, 1/4 + normal goes back to 1/2, 1/2 + normal = Normal, Normal + KO could equal double damage, or normal as double damage isn't an option, and then the second KO could make it overall a 1-Hit-KO for the downgrade. Of course, I don't know how possible that would be, as that might mean that code in the original 2.5 would need to be altered so it could do this process for a 2.6 quest)
Also this problem could be avoided by making 2.6 quests just incompatible with 2.5, or make the defense for 2.6 quests in 2.5 just normal damage.

Tamamo
05-13-2015, 10:06 PM
if we do that people are going to want separate block flags for shields and scripted weapons which can't be done do to bit length.

CJC
05-13-2015, 10:18 PM
I'd much prefer that Weapons (both LWeapons and EWeapons) be stripped of their built-in characteristics and supplied a property editor like the Enemy Editor. That way you could set which defenses each weapon takes into consideration in the weapon editor.

I can understand the motivation behind this suggestion, though. Would it be possible to increase each defense variable to a two-bit length?

Tamamo
05-14-2015, 09:39 AM
CJC
What if I told you I already had plans for a weapon editor and ran it by my Senior devs a long time ago. but it won't happen before the rewrite where I implement ice magic and fire trail 2 as well. SET LINK ON FIRE MY BOY!

As for increasing each defense to a 2 byte length for Link. you miss understand. Link defenses and Enemy defenses are handled completely differently; that is one of the main problems and requiring a rewrite. Weapons however are the same, they're just stored in two different vectors. As for increasing link's defense two 2 bytes in length, I would rather just make it a enum of integers "probably shorts" and use bitter bit extraction methods to get each of the 100+ lweapons. Yes once a weapon editor is implemented chances are you'll have that many to fuck around with. Ain't i nice girl. After all, a whistle that damages link? Do I see mandrakes in a 3.0 quest?

CJC
05-14-2015, 09:14 PM
Tell me you can set angles and velocities for them and I'll put you on a pedestal.

Seriously though that is totally awesome and now I want the rewrite to be finished all the sooner.

ZoriaRPG
05-24-2015, 05:01 PM
I've been in favour of adding all ten script type NPCDTs to the enemy editor, since 2.50b. I could care less about shield/item block/reflect bits...

Really, this shouldn't break anything, and could be in 2.50.3. Just add them after the generic def, and put a quest rule there, to enable them in its place.

They'd certainly add more depth to the enemy editor, and would avoid needing to do the kinds of mad things that I do, to have nine special LW types that actually affect enemies in specific ways.