PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion. Support the japanese version of the music.

zaphod77
04-26-2015, 01:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgoIJs1PbJw

Isnt' it much more awesome?

i tried to drop in an NSF for it, but it didn't work. just switched to the midis.

Mainly the title theme is much more epic.

Chris Miller
04-26-2015, 04:21 PM
For some reason, ZC can't handle the way FDS games use the wavetable channel.
The Famicom cartridge version of Castlevania III uses it, and it works fine in ZC. It probably has something to do with the way Disk System games access it? I could be talking out of my ass here.

zaphod77
04-28-2015, 12:04 AM
The FDS wavetable channel works totally different from all others. It actually has to load in the sample to the memory of the FDS, whihc may be why the player included in zelda classic chokes on it.

then again it could simply be that the music was in the wrong spot, and a modified version would work. The.NSF actually probably includes all sound effects as well.

regardless, i think it would be a good feature.

I also had improved midi files way back in the day, which sounded nearly identical to the orignals ( square wave on channel 1 and 2, ocarina for channel 3, and since noise was unused) i may still be able to find them. anyone want em?

ZoriaRPG
05-25-2015, 01:56 AM
I welcome FDS NSFs. To begin work on an FDS remake of 1st.qst, I had to record the music, and use enhanced music with MP3 files for the music itself; and convert the SFX all into WAVs.

There are many awesome FDS NFSs out there though.