PDA

View Full Version : Help

babblingidiot
04-16-2015, 04:41 AM
-----Delete thread, I quit. When I can't get tothe letter because the path is not allowing me to move forward in DoY - nothing nice to say.- just delete it all.-----

Does someone have a list of zelda games that actually work on a linux machine. The last few quests, grr,

Savior of Souls and the one I give up on now called Dreams of Yesterday and some I can't remember now. are flops on linux

I will shut my mouth now. I have nothing nice to say at this point. So far it seems only DarkFlameWolf's games work to the end. And one other character...

Chris Miller
04-16-2015, 07:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/pjWRvU6.png?1
This letter?

Try running ZC in Wine and see what you get. I can't think of any reason you should have issues, but a dev could tell you better than I could.

babblingidiot
04-16-2015, 11:48 AM
Thank you for trying tohelp. Let me get this clear. I need to install wine and then go download the windows version of ZC instead of the lenux version?

And while I am here. are there different versions of Dreams of Yesterday? Because I am talking about the one at the 14:30 mark on this video walkthroughhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAkU-5ru0Vc&list=PLsHIJXapvOc6vqfbdd86P7aHRJZY2NxMu&index=4 Sorry don'tknow how to insert images here yet.

And another thing - folks that do these walkthroughs - I don't care if you do grinding off video but tell the people where you found things like the bomb upgrade in that video. grrr

Sorry folks, 24/7 neck pain makes fora real irritable person after a dozen years of it...

Again thank you... I'll check back when in get back from town...

Chris Miller
04-16-2015, 11:55 AM
Thank you for trying tohelp. Let me get this clear. I need to install wine and then go download the windows version of ZC instead of the lenux version?

Yes.

And while I am here. are there different versions of Dreams of Yesterday? Because I am talking about the one at the 14:30 mark on this video walkthroughhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAkU-5ru0Vc&list=PLsHIJXapvOc6vqfbdd86P7aHRJZY2NxMu&index=4 Sorry don'tknow how to insert images here yet.

Okay, you've got the new one then. Yeah, I can't think of any reason you should be getting stuck. Might want to ask C-Dawg about that. He's still doing some work on it.

babblingidiot
04-16-2015, 12:08 PM
quick update - will try other avenue when I get back. But opening this one through wine installer didn't change a thing... Don't seem much changing since netflix done in this way causes issue too.

babblingidiot
04-16-2015, 12:40 PM
quick update - will try other avenue when I get back. But opening this one through wine installer didn't change a thing... Don't seem much changing since netflix done in this way causes issue too.

C-Dawg won't respond to private message. and wine is a bust, can't get it to install and if I open with wine it freaks out and I can't do anything. I hate wine and will totally remove it. I hate windoze with a passion. All 3 things in that vid I can't do at all. The path along the wall to that dungeon or what ever below the broken bridge I cant get down and the 2(?) cave systems.

Tell C-dawg to look for a private message here.... I hope I hear from him soon. There are very minimal games I play to get me out of my head due to this pain. and it doesn't help my patience with Bravo Seirra like this

ctrl-alt-delete
04-16-2015, 01:22 PM
ShadowTiger, any help?

babblingidiot
04-16-2015, 01:47 PM
ShadowTiger, any help?

Sorry don't understand question. Nothing is working. and the wine route just causes my laptop to freak out. I can't do anything when I open the exe with wine, it loads and unable to do anything and have to do a hard shutdown(?)

Nothing is helping me get those paths accessible.

babblingidiot
04-16-2015, 01:57 PM
I noticed in a lot of the walkthroughs that they were using ZC 2.1. Could the difference be between the 2.1 and the 2.50? And if so where would I find the 2.1 and does it also have a lenux version?

I am almost certain there is a tweak I need to do someplace but I don't know much about linux tweaks just yet. Haven't had to learn many.

babblingidiot
04-16-2015, 02:05 PM
double post

ctrl-alt-delete
04-16-2015, 02:17 PM
Sorry don't understand question. Nothing is working. and the wine route just causes my laptop to freak out. I can't do anything when I open the exe with wine, it loads and unable to do anything and have to do a hard shutdown(?)

Nothing is helping me get those paths accessible.

I was summoning somebody that may be able to help.

I noticed in a lot of the walkthroughs that they were using ZC 2.1. Could the difference be between the 2.1 and the 2.50? And if so where would I find the 2.1 and does it also have a lenux version?

I am almost certain there is a tweak I need to do someplace but I don't know much about linux tweaks just yet. Haven't had to learn many.

That's most likely the case. 2.1 was only for Dos and Windows. You can download it from zeldaclassic.com.

babblingidiot
04-16-2015, 02:28 PM
I will just delete it and go find another game. I really don't want any windoze on my system. Already breaking my own rule with netflix... Thank you everyone. Off to find another that is appealing to the eye.

Is it very easy to switch these 2.10's and 1.92 to a 2.50?
Just looked through some things and the ones that I haven't had issues with were the 2.50.. Thanks again. off on the hunt

ctrl-alt-delete
04-16-2015, 02:38 PM
I will just delete it and go find another game. I really don't want any windoze on my system. Already breaking my own rule with netflix... Thank you everyone. Off to find another that is appealing to the eye.

Is it very easy to switch these 2.10's and 1.92 to a 2.50?
Just looked through some things and the ones that I haven't had issues with were the 2.50.. Thanks again. off on the hunt

Could you not use a dos emulator?

babblingidiot
04-16-2015, 02:51 PM
Could you not use a dos emulator?

I have had to learn a lot of things since I am a master at crashing computers but that is not one I understand in the least. And I would need a dummy manual to learn, I think

off to try Castle Haunt 3

SUCCESSOR
04-16-2015, 11:05 PM
babblingidiot

Why was ZC 2.5 not working for you? What Linux do you have? 64 or 32 bit? I had it running on Mint, Crunchbang, and Ubuntu at one time or another. Saffith will have to confirm whether or not 64bit is unsupported, as I can't recall.

No other versions of ZC are really worth your time.

EDIT: JUst noticed you were talking about playing Dreams of Yesterday. Has that been completely updated for 2.5? I see ShadowTiger was summoned he'd be the one to know since I think he was the one updating it. Have you tried other quests, specifically ones made for 2.5?

Saffith
04-17-2015, 02:14 AM
I can't imagine there are any issues with specific quests on specific platforms. Between different ZC versions, sure. 2.50 quests can be expected to work in 2.50. Older ones ought to, but I'm sure there are still some issues that affect a few quests. We do prefer to fix those when they turn up, though.

ZC doesn't work well in Wine or DOSBox, in my experience. Tends to crash a lot. I don't know if that's because of Allegro or ZC itself.

babblingidiot
04-17-2015, 02:22 PM
Sorry was off playing Castle Haunt 3. We have come to the conclusion that it is an issue when trying to play 2.1s quest in 2.5 software. I am using linux mint. And have dumped wine and chose to just stay with 2.5 quests. Not worth the headaches :) I've made it through several quests and never really paid attention to the version differences for ones I couldn't play 'til now.

While here I have a question about Castle Haunt 3. In chamber 2. I seem to have an extra key that I do not know where it goes. I have the bow. I think the other thing was the hookshot, bomb upgrade and maybe even the bigger wallet But where does this extra key go? I don't want to head off to the boss and miss something I really want. Any thoughts?

I need to say I am really sorry for the pissy attitude.

babblingidiot
04-17-2015, 05:44 PM
Ok, I don't have photo bucket or anything like that I can put images at to insert one It took me forever but in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ6Wht7kAb0) at minute marker 3:13 it shows a chest I don't recall getting and think this extra key has something to do with that. Ideas?

ShadowTiger
04-18-2015, 05:36 PM
I apologize for my tardiness. The latest version of Dreams of Yesterday is here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/b73wxhbrja7cm2i/DoY250.qst?dl=0). It's for ZC 2.5 Release Candidate 3. Or just use 2.5.1 I guess. I didn't see the original question or anything, but I'm assuming that it's letter-related? You can get an empty potion bottle by navigating the cave systems a little bit north of Pulcheria Village.

babblingidiot
04-24-2015, 01:39 PM
I am P.O.'d

zc.sav will not open this morning and will cause me to loose all my progress on several quests. can it be fixed?

It can find if but it can't open it. What is the malfunction here?

Saffith
04-25-2015, 08:53 PM
Something probably went wrong encrypting the file. Do you know if you're using 2.50.0 or 2.50.1? If you don't know, check Help > About in ZC or Etc. > About in ZQuest. Build 24 is 2.50.0, build 28 is 2.50.1.
If you have any .tmp files in your ZC directory, one of them is probably the save file. If you send those to me, I may be able to recover it.

Gleeok
04-26-2015, 01:36 AM
Also, save files aren't compatible from one version to the next, so you can't share them.