PDA

View Full Version : The Great and Terrible Threeok

SUCCESSOR
03-26-2015, 03:36 AM
Some of you are familiar with my Aquamentus from Enemy of the Month 10. Well, Gleeok in all his insanity demanded there be a Threeok and a Threeok there was. Which took me some testing to actually figure out how Gleeoks work. In case you were wondering the first head's HP(the one that dies first) is equal to the base HP(the HP you set on page 1) and each head after that is double Attribute 2. Total HP is then BaseHP+((Heads-1) * Attribute2 * 2).

Anyway I wasn't planning on sharing this. I was just doing it for fun (and I am ashamed at the terrible, terrible code work). Nightmare decided he wanted to use the script so I asked him to do a video of it and I would let him. Well he did it, and amazingly came out victorious. I figure I might as well release the code.

The code (https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=76F75357645C7E7C!1288&authkey=!AG_w2FXTNDBwipw&ithint=file%2cz)

The test quest (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94061979/ZC/threeok.qst)

vJxDieQs-Dw

Majora
03-26-2015, 12:51 PM
This seems like it could be used for a Diababa-type enemy.

mrz84
03-26-2015, 01:46 PM
Dang, that's a lot of heads floating around. And that last one? :eek:

Gleeok
03-26-2015, 04:48 PM
I found a bug: Th fake Gleeoks don't explode into a shitstorm of fireballs when they disappear. :goofy:

SUCCESSOR
03-26-2015, 04:57 PM
This seems like it could be used for a Diababa-type enemy.
SOunds interesting. What do you have in mind?

Dang, that's a lot of heads floating around. And that last one? :eek:
That, my friend, is a 9 Headed Fire Threeok. It's as many heads as the script currently supports. Theoretically I could make it support as many heads as the enemy editor can support. Or something like 255/3 heads.

I found a bug: Th fake Gleeoks don't explode into a shitstorm of fireballs when they disappear. :goofy:
Only you. I suppose the 9 Headed Fire Threeok wasn't nearly enough.

Majora
03-26-2015, 10:21 PM
Depends how the script works (I haven't seen the code yet nor would I really be able to decipher it unless its commented to hell) but essentially have 2 smaller diababa heads on screen and once they both go down, the middle main head spawns by itself. then when you damage it enough the two other heads respawn and do stuff. Something like that.

mrz84
03-27-2015, 09:30 PM
255/3 heads. Ya, I can see some crazy stuff coming from this script.

SUCCESSOR
03-28-2015, 01:58 AM
255/3 heads. Ya, I can see some crazy stuff coming from this script.

I don't think anyone is that crazy. If you want an 85 head Threeok you'd have to make 85 gleeoks from 1-85 heads.
Majora That would have to be a different script. This one checks if the gleeok loses a head and makes 2 fake ones and randomizes the locations.