PDA

View Full Version : Proposed 5th Quest

Gleeok
03-21-2015, 02:12 AM
You can get it here for the time being: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94476244/proposed5th.zip

This is the current version of bigjoe's 5th quest with some minor tweaks and fixes (all done by bigjoe, I have not touched anything). He also put in the rest of the nsf files, one for each LV, which is nice.

Play it. Test it. Post bugs!

Any ideas for a name select quest start? "BIGJOE" certainly fits in the alotted character limit.

Tamamo
03-21-2015, 10:49 AM
Miranda would be better. :p

Nightmare
03-21-2015, 11:12 AM
I say "FINAL", since ZC is moving a different direction now and there won't be any more "N"th quest contests.

Also, for reqs, complete either the 3rd or 4th Quest in 0 games.

-James

Tamamo
03-21-2015, 11:48 AM
I second FINAL.

Fore requirements, Completing the 2nd quest without the blue ring?

DarkFlameWolf
03-23-2015, 07:23 AM
Requirements: Complete quests 1-4 without taking a single hit. :D

Nightmare
03-23-2015, 10:04 AM
Requirements: Complete quests 1-4 without taking a single hit. :D

That's a bit too insane, though 0 games is not. :)

-James

Samer
03-23-2015, 11:24 AM
There seems to be looping issues with the music, it happened in level 4 and 6 so far. It got too annoying so I stopped.

I second the 0 gaming either 3rd or 4th since you can skip straight to 4th after 2nd. The no hit thing is impossible at least for me.

mrz84
03-23-2015, 01:27 PM
I think just finishing Quests 1-4 should be good enough for most people. Just kinda makes since to me since in the original Legend of Zelda, the only ways to unlock the second quest were to either complete the first quest or to use the name Zelda for your character. Maybe I'm just thinking a little to nostalgicly. :shrug: We don't wanna keep people who can't no death any of the first 4 quests to not be able to get to the fifth, or at least that's my opinion.

bigjoe
03-23-2015, 01:40 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94476244/proposed5th2.zip

Changes:
Checked a rule that stops the music from restarting when you leave a passageway.
Ever slightly nerfed Level 9.

EDIT: If I may have a say in what the code is to unlock the quest, I'd like it to be JEAN. And I'd like for Link to face north,looking away from the player. That's just me of course.

Samer
03-23-2015, 09:09 PM
Yeah the issue wasn't with the stairs, I know that's how it worked in zelda. The issue is that the music would start over after every room in those levels. Haven't tried it again yet but maybe it fixed it.

bigjoe
03-26-2015, 07:12 PM
Got a new version.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94476244/proposed5th3.zip

Changes:
Fixed Epic Ganon's Hit and Death sounds. (Thanks CJC)

Samer, what version of ZC are you playing this in? I've been using 2.50.1 windows version(for building and playing) and I'm not getting the problem where the music resets in 4 and 6. It may be something the devs will have to look into.

SUCCESSOR
03-26-2015, 07:39 PM
I think just finishing Quests 1-4 should be good enough for most people. Just kinda makes since to me since in the original Legend of Zelda, the only ways to unlock the second quest were to either complete the first quest or to use the name Zelda for your character. Maybe I'm just thinking a little to nostalgicly. :shrug: We don't wanna keep people who can't no death any of the first 4 quests to not be able to get to the fifth, or at least that's my opinion.

It would be nice if beating 4th, entering the right name (I support BIGJOE that way if BigJoe ever tried to play a custom quest with his name he gets stuck playing his own quest :P), and then maybe a special way of beating 2nd(or 3rd) quest to get to it. I don't know how those are managed.

bigjoe
05-20-2015, 10:45 PM
So what needs to be done before the quest will be added to ZC? Doesn't seem like many people are playing it. Maybe more will once its official.

Chris Miller
05-20-2015, 11:16 PM
BIGJOE sounds fine to me. You type in ALPHA to get the 3rd quest, so it's logical.

Gleeok
05-21-2015, 12:17 AM
So what needs to be done before the quest will be added to ZC? Doesn't seem like many people are playing it. Maybe more will once its official.

I was actually going to try and get to it this week.

Chris Miller
05-21-2015, 12:37 AM
I knew there was a reason you got the big bucks.

Nightmare
05-21-2015, 02:49 AM
It's really hard, so I'd say beating an advanced quest with 0 games, such as the 2nd or 4th.

-James

Samer
05-21-2015, 01:37 PM
There's way too many errors in logic in this quest such as push blocks and kill the leader.

For kill the leader I'd either take it completely out, or have it work every time

For push blocks, make them all four way, there's nothing in the way of those blocks, even if there is (Like a door, not object), the player needs to think before he acts.
That's what LoZ is all about.

Nightmare
05-21-2015, 02:28 PM
The Kill the Leader is an NES bug and restriction. If you kill one part you have to kill them all. BigJoe has no control over this, sorry.

You're right though: Any other quest this is gone, immediately.

-James

Samer
05-21-2015, 02:47 PM
well if that's the case, I guess it can't be helped

I meant that kill the leader doesn't work in the same enemy arrangements in a different room. Or if there's one enemy that sticks out like a sore thumb, it doesn't work.

SUCCESSOR
05-22-2015, 04:57 AM
well if that's the case, I guess it can't be helped

I meant that kill the leader doesn't work in the same enemy arrangements in a different room. Or if there's one enemy that sticks out like a sore thumb, it doesn't work.

I don't think it makes sense to assume that a similar group of enemies or the fact that one enemy is different is reason to assume that one is the ring leader.

Samer
05-24-2015, 04:00 PM
Yeah I guess you are right, but consistency in logic is one of the core fundamentals of game design but if it can't be helped it doesn't really matter.

It doesn't have to make "true" sense, it just has to make sense in the context of the game