PDA

View Full Version : Congrats bigjoe!

Gleeok
03-14-2015, 02:58 AM
In an amazingly unanimous and decisive ending to the 5th quest contest we have a winner! (Hint *** it's bigjoe) So once again congrats, and thank you to everybody who contributed to the contest.

Proposed 5th quest should be available shortly (I just asked bigjoe if he wanted to do the honors or not.)

Side note: There were some really good quests out of the bunch, so guys feel free to submit yours to the database if you haven't already.

And thus ends the 5th contest.

mrz84
03-14-2015, 09:47 AM
Grats bigjoe! :kitty:

zcfan27330
03-14-2015, 10:53 AM
congrats

erm2003
03-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Congrats bigjoe! Looks like if I get back to ZC (which I would like to this summer) I have a slew of great quests to play that have come out of this contest. Great job to all!

Nightmare
03-14-2015, 10:14 PM
Nice job bigjoe! I enjoyed your quest a lot, even though it was a tad difficult at times. Glad I could help you.

-James

Gleeok
03-21-2015, 02:21 AM
Bump since bigjoe hasn't even seen this thread yet.

Samer
03-22-2015, 02:01 AM
Found a bug, music in level 4 restarts on every screen

bigjoe
03-23-2015, 06:16 PM
Thanks, everyone! There were a lot of good quests in my competition. I'm still pretty surprised that mine beat out the other finalists. It was a joy to work on the quest, and I'm glad to see that people overall enjoyed it.

Gleeok
07-09-2015, 09:20 PM
Putting 5th quest into ZC right now. Where do we stand on the name input? Right now we have BIGJOE, I can't really think of something more appropriate... maybe COURAGE or POWER, or PENTA, or maybe MASTER. Let me know soon if you have a better suggestion.

CJC
07-09-2015, 10:24 PM
I think COURAGE is the best fit, because you've got to be brave to save Zelda!

Also, I like to name my savefiles for custom quests after their creators, and that would be a problem if BigJoe opened 5th quest.
Just an opinion, though. Do whatever you feel is best.

Anarchy_Balsac
07-09-2015, 11:02 PM
In light of this being the final quest, MASTER seems most appropriate.

Tamamo
07-10-2015, 12:36 AM
I say let bigjoe decide from those options.

Tamamo
07-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Gleeok
* Added the 5th quest winning contest entry by BigJoe. Congrats and thanks again to everyone who participated!
* Beating the 3rd quest without dying will let you skip straight to the 5th quest, and beating the 5th quest without a perfect no-death game will drop you to the 4th quest. ( Gleeok, 2015-07-09 18:51:23 )

Question about the second line Gleeok. What happens if you die in 1st or 2nd quest but don't die in 3rd. Do you still go on to 5th quest?

Gleeok
07-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Gleeok
* Added the 5th quest winning contest entry by BigJoe. Congrats and thanks again to everyone who participated!
* Beating the 3rd quest without dying will let you skip straight to the 5th quest, and beating the 5th quest without a perfect no-death game will drop you to the 4th quest. ( Gleeok, 2015-07-09 18:51:23 )

Question about the second line Gleeok. What happens if you die in 1st or 2nd quest but don't die in 3rd. Do you still go on to 5th quest?

It means if you have 0 deaths in the save file at that time.

Seemed to make sense to me, but if you've got something better.

Tamamo
07-13-2015, 10:37 PM
Gleeok
Yeah that works. It's no different from being dropped from 5th to 4th though. You just got to rekt everything before it rekts you. Which is probably gonna be impossible if you start from 1st. Also we should make a quest harder then Liberation of Hyrule sometime. Just Kidding.

Gleeok
07-17-2015, 08:51 AM
Liberation of Hyrule is the new neofirst!! Let's get James to make a Harder DX version! Starting at 2.6 you start off from that by default. Genius! :D

Also, not sure what else to do about the skipping. It's not likely anyone would play all 5 in a row anyway....

Anarchy_Balsac
07-18-2015, 12:24 AM
L

Also, not sure what else to do about the skipping. It's not likely anyone would play all 5 in a row anyway....

They might, what about using the name "PENTA" to play all five in a row?

Gleeok
07-18-2015, 02:38 AM
They might, what about using the name "PENTA" to play all five in a row?

Interesting. It's certainly doable to go all out and add some crazy stuff to it. I could, for example, add a speed-run mode where you have 5 hours to complete all 5 quests in order with the super fast screen-scrolling , bypass messages, fast refill, etc. enabled. That could be fun. :)

Anarchy_Balsac
07-18-2015, 10:26 AM
Good idea, but make completion of the 5th quest, with 0 deaths and 0 uses of endgames a requirement. You'll have to be good enough to do that before you can even consider attempting such a thing.

Dimentio
10-02-2015, 07:41 PM
I agree. Either enter your name as Penta, or beat the 5th quest without dying to get the ultra speedrun version. And if you beat that without dying, under 5 hours, and without naming yourself any of the "skip to quest x" name cheats, then you move onto the super omega gung-ho version of said speedrun (no name-entering bypass to enter the gung-ho edition), where you replace every single enemy with their death counterpart (Red Darknuts->Super Darknuts, Blue Darknuts->Deathknights, Red Wizrobes->Windrobes & Batrobes, Blue Wizrobes->Mirrorobes & Flamerobes, Red Octorocks->Level 4 Octorocks, Blue Octorocks->Cracktorocks, Lynels->Aquamentus->5x Aquamenti each side with buffed up health and damage, Gleeok->multiply heads by 10 and double health, Dodongo->faster more damage more health and 2x the amount of them in each room, Gohma->Breath Attack and 3 of them in every room, Digdogger->splits into 5 kids and 2 more digdoggers which in turn split into 5 more kids each, Manhandla->Fire breath 8 heads and buffed up health, Patra->Level 3 Patra with increased minipatras, Lanmolas/Moldorms->Increase segments and double health, and finally, just outright turn Ganon into LttP Ganon who instakills you), still have the time limit, and a single death will drop you down back to the Regular Speedrun. If you manage to beat the Uber version , you gain access to a new golden title, a golden name select, and can have up to 30 quest files. Now that would be rewarding, and a good incentive to play through an extremely tough quest.

Shadowblazer
01-24-2016, 02:19 AM
I see that this thread is pretty old, but I hope I can be forgiven since it's still the most recent one in this forum.

Anyway, way to go, bigjoe! :shadowblazer:

Tamamo
01-24-2016, 10:30 AM
Shadowblazer
holy fuck you old bastard, your alive! good to see yeah.

bigjoe
01-24-2021, 02:53 PM
Sorry Im late, but thank you for chiming in Shadowblazer. I hope you one day do your take on a Zelda nth quest as you said you would. It would be the bees knees.