PDA

View Full Version : Any old quests you'd like to see brought back in ZC 2.50?

Nightmare
03-03-2015, 02:48 AM
I'm posting this in two spots, but are there any "graveyard" quests you'd like to see be revived in some way, but don't work now due to version problems (like Unofficial 3rd Quest for example).

Leaving this open to discussion.

Banned discussion:
New Quest 2004 (updated to 2.5 already)

James Quest (original) (updated to 2.5 already)

Anything else that got an update

-James

Tamamo
03-08-2015, 01:41 PM
The Original Demo Quest by Phantom Menace and Nightmare would actually be quite nice. ;)

TheDarkOne
03-11-2015, 02:07 PM
I'd like to see one that was included in the old ZC version. I think it was called 182test.qst or something like that. It was the first quest but with some added features, like added spikes and the boots, the big key being needed to complete the dungeons, and the fire boomerang and mirror shield available to those who could find them. And the music for Level 9 was an instrumental version of "Ai No Senshi" from the Sailor Moon soundtrack.

Nightmare
03-11-2015, 05:34 PM
Mero, I'll look into updating Demo and Demo EX. It shouldn't take all THAT long.

-James

King Aquamentus
03-11-2015, 05:57 PM
Germis Quest. It's not really anything special but I always had fun playing it, and it would be interesting to see it perhaps reinterpreted in a more advanced tileset. That, and The Longest Journey

TheDarkOne
03-17-2015, 12:07 PM
I made an updated version of the 182test.qst that works in 2.5, but since I don't actually know the original author (Warlock), I can't in good conscience submit this for inclusion. It's a really good remake of the first quest. It's got better graphics (looks like the graphics for Link's Awakening except in color), cutable bushes and grass, new items to find, new enemies (Aquamentus is no longer the level 7 boss), new sound effects, and some other new features. This is probably the best first quest remake I have seen, and I actually downloaded an older version of ZC just for this quest. I'd love to repost it but it's not my quest, so I can't.

King Aquamentus
03-17-2015, 05:30 PM
Simple Link's Awakening *needs* this, but I doubt I've the drive to do it. there's a lot 2.5 can offer it though.

SUCCESSOR
03-17-2015, 07:27 PM
I made an updated version of the 182test.qst that works in 2.5, but since I don't actually know the original author (Warlock), I can't in good conscience submit this for inclusion. It's a really good remake of the first quest. It's got better graphics (looks like the graphics for Link's Awakening except in color), cutable bushes and grass, new items to find, new enemies (Aquamentus is no longer the level 7 boss), new sound effects, and some other new features. This is probably the best first quest remake I have seen, and I actually downloaded an older version of ZC just for this quest. I'd love to repost it but it's not my quest, so I can't.

If all you are doing is distributing his quest as he intended but 2.5 compatible I don't see a problem. The quest was never locked to begin with and I imagine he had it distributed that way to get people acquainted with using his tileset. The tileset you are mentioning is Warlock's own New 1st Tileset. All long as you are crediting Warlock and not trying to present his work as your own I doubt he would have a problem. I don't think he has been here in years. Try messaging him and asking how he feels about it. What did you change anyway?

TheDarkOne
03-18-2015, 12:58 PM
If all you are doing is distributing his quest as he intended but 2.5 compatible I don't see a problem. The quest was never locked to begin with and I imagine he had it distributed that way to get people acquainted with using his tileset. The tileset you are mentioning is Warlock's own New 1st Tileset. All long as you are crediting @Warlock (http://armageddongames.net/member.php?u=38504) and not trying to present his work as your own I doubt he would have a problem. I don't think he has been here in years. Try messaging him and asking how he feels about it. What did you change anyway?

Very little was changed. I only converted the strings to lowercase instead of all caps, and fixed the misspelling of "peninsula" since that has always bothered me. And I used the "Invincible Link flickers" option since I think it looks better. Aside from that, nothing was changed.

SUCCESSOR
03-19-2015, 06:59 AM
Very little was changed. I only converted the strings to lowercase instead of all caps, and fixed the misspelling of "peninsula" since that has always bothered me. And I used the "Invincible Link flickers" option since I think it looks better. Aside from that, nothing was changed.

So nothing is actually broken?

TheDarkOne
03-19-2015, 12:32 PM
So nothing is actually broken?
Nothing at all. If I were remaking the quests for my own purposes, there is one thing I would change but it has nothing to do with Warlock's programming. I would simply add a "ring leader" to the blue Darknut rooms--those had me reaching for Game Genie back when I played the original game way back when.

Are there any old quests that are the second quest with the more modern-looking tilesets? I was hoping to find one on the QDB but so far no luck. I'd make my own if I could, but I don't have the tilesets and I don't know the second quest well enough to recreate it.

DarkFlameWolf
03-19-2015, 07:31 PM
Lost Isle! :goofy:

But in all seriousness - Fragments of Power. Its an old quest of mine done in an old engine with an old tileset. Remaking or reimagining it in the style of how I did the 1st/2nd Quests in Origin would be heavenly.