PDA

View Full Version : "Do not grieve for me, Admiral..."

King Aquamentus
02-27-2015, 07:19 PM
"After all, it was only... ...Logical." (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/arts/television/leonard-nimoy-spock-of-star-trek-dies-at-83.html?_r=0)

Leonard Nimoy was a strong environmentalist, in addition to being a talented actor best known for the role of Science Officer Spock in the Star Trek television series. He will be missed.

mrz84
02-27-2015, 11:32 PM
I read about this just 5 minutes ago. *Vulcan salute* Live long and prosper Mr. Spock, wherever your journey now takes you.

On another note, he voiced Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts, and with the third game focusing on a bunch of copies of him running around causing shenanigans, I wonder what will happen now? *on yet another KH related note, this makes both voice actors for Xehanort are now dead, the Japanese VA for him died recently too*

DarkFlameWolf
03-04-2015, 07:28 AM
What they might do, which I've seen done, is take a bunch of audio clips and splice them together for the dialogue. So with enough patience, some talented audio person for Kingdom Hearts will exhaustively scour all the audio clips from Nimoy to find the right tones and inflections to pull off every audible line of dialogue in the game for Xenanort. So who knows?

Beldaran
03-05-2015, 10:54 PM
I think it's kind of strange that a human being named Leonard Nimoy died and all anyone can think about is memorializing Spock.

SUCCESSOR
03-06-2015, 06:06 AM
I think it's kind of strange that a human being named Leonard Nimoy died and all anyone can think about is memorializing Spock.

Yes because it is wrong to celebrate a person's work, something they were proud of and enjoyed being synonymous with after they pass. I am beginning to think you just enjoy seeing the downside to everything.

King Aquamentus
03-06-2015, 06:14 PM
I wasn't much of an original series fan either, but come on. You even have a Vulcan in your avatar.