PDA

View Full Version : Classic Gauntlet

TheDarkOne
01-24-2015, 10:49 PM
I'm wondering...does anyone remember the classic Gauntlet games? I don't mean Seven Sorrows, oe Dark Legacy, or even Legends, I mean way back, farther back, back in the stone age when the NES was new and the only home version of the game (at the time) was only for home computers.

I can still recall the evenings I spent in front of the computer with my Mom, hacking and slashing our way through wave after wave after wave of ghosts, grunts, demons, sorcerers, lobbers, and even the dreaded Death. And then there was Gauntlet II, with new monsters, such as the IT, the super sorcerer, and of course the Dragon!

Don't get me wrong, I like Legends and I like Dark Legacy even more, but there is just something about those old Gauntlet games. It was go-to game from my childhood, a game I shared with my Mom, and and all-around awesome game (unless you count Tengen's terrible NES version, and I don't).

I know it was impossible to win it, it just kept going on and on, but that was one of the great things about it--you could keep at it for hours and hours. I think we got as far as level 110 before they started giving us levels we'd already seen (usually flipped around, but you could still tell). My favorite feature was the "hidden potion" which allowed you to boost your character's attributes (such as speed, shot power, fight power, armor, magic, or shot speed).

So who else remembers and loves this game?