PDA

View Full Version : When You Have the Clock

Samer
01-20-2015, 09:51 PM
Hey guys, names Samer, my username at PureZC is GhostKnight22

If I remember correctly, when you get the clock that stops all the enemies, the enemies are supposed to be always facing you.
In Zelda Classic, the enemies stay in place. Just thought I'd contribute to this topic

King Aquamentus
01-20-2015, 10:40 PM
Whether or not an enemy faces you seems to occur at random. I'm testing this in the game now, and two moblins who are near each other are frozen. One *sort of* faces me, or at least the two directions I am in relation to him (south and right), but he fluctuates between facing right and down. The other Moblin doesn't react at all and continues to face west no matter what.

Also, get a clock, wake an armos. It won't turn northward if you are north of it.

In short, this is a very unreliable thing to have happen. Emulating it could be tricky.

Saffith
01-21-2015, 10:05 PM
I think they're turning as though they were still walking. Their AI keeps working normally, but they're prevented from moving or firing.
That in itself wouldn't be hard to reproduce, but it means they aren't where they think they are on the tile grid. Since clocks can expire in ZC, that would be an issue when they started moving again, but not a big one.

TheDarkOne
01-27-2015, 02:31 PM
As I remember, the enemies just stopped when you get the clock. Which was always handy, especially if one randomly appeared in a screen full of Peahats, or a room full of blue Darknuts.

Tamamo
01-29-2015, 10:50 AM
How did it effect enemies that change direction but it's impossible to get a clock on those screens normally though. Dodongos for example.

TheDarkOne
02-02-2015, 02:26 PM
How did it effect enemies that change direction but it's impossible to get a clock on those screens normally though. Dodongos for example.

I actually placed a clock in a Dodongo room to see how that would affect it. They stopped moving but I was unable to defeat them.

SUCCESSOR
02-04-2015, 12:51 AM
I actually placed a clock in a Dodongo room to see how that would affect it. They stopped moving but I was unable to defeat them.

Even with the Smoke + Sword trick?

TheDarkOne
02-04-2015, 05:29 AM
D'oh! I didn't even think to try that. I generally beat Dodongo by making him eat two bombs.