PDA

View Full Version : [Personal] Hampered Availability in the Near Future

CJC
12-30-2014, 04:26 PM
The power adapter on my ZC laptop failed last night. I've got all the important files backed up and the computer still works, so I haven't LOST anything, but I will be making less frequent appearances on the forum and I will not be in IRC chat until the new adapter arrives in the mail (it's not due to deliver until January 6th at the earliest).

Just thought I'd give a heads up.

Nightmare
12-30-2014, 07:41 PM
Sorry to hear that CJC. I hope everything goes well.

-James

Gleeok
01-01-2015, 04:39 AM
Fortunately for you laptop manufacturers have been going out of their way to find ways of cutting costs and producing crap that lasts just long enough to not be covered by the manufacturers warranty any longer, thus in effect making used power adapters available at bargain bin prices. :) Of all the things that could of gone wrong, this one probably isn't so bad.

It's not like your house burned down or anything...

CJC
01-06-2015, 09:40 PM
It's not like your house burned down or anything...

I know, right? I posted this and then the next day I found out about that, and I felt like a total jerk.

Anyway, my new power adapter has arrived. The power cord was bad, but thankfully the old power cord still worked (the problem was the wire connecting the adapter to the laptop, not the power supply). So my favorite laptop is working again, yay!