PDA

View Full Version : Megaman: Revenge of the Fallen Pre-Launch Trailer!

DarkFlameWolf
11-22-2014, 10:09 AM
It have been 6 years in the making (since 2008!) but Jman and I (Yes, THAT Jman) have been working on and off together on a Megaman game. Granted, it doesn't have any new graphics (or very little) and no new music, but that's because at the early stage of production where we could have used spriters and/or musician, nobody was willing to help us. It wasn't until the last few years of production that got offers, but by then, it was already past the point of no return. History of the project aside, this is one of my most ambitious games yet and will feature all these things:

- 20 challenging platforming levels

- 10 devious robot masters (11 if you count the hidden boss)

- 21 tank pieces to find

- 3 Rush upgrades

- 7 chip upgrades

- Brutal Boss Rush mode

- Scoring system (ala Mega Man 1) that rewards you the better you do

- Easy Mode for those who hate challenges

Released Date Nov 27, 2014: http://rpgmaker.net/games/2406/

Pre-Launch Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzRUGrymhso

erm2003
11-22-2014, 01:13 PM
Looks amazing DFW!

bigjoe
11-22-2014, 09:47 PM
I've been waiting for this for a long time. Can't wait to finally give it a go.

mrz84
11-22-2014, 10:50 PM
Looks great! Plus it sports some of my favorite Robot Masters! Can hardly wait to play it!

DarkFlameWolf
11-27-2014, 09:36 AM
Its finally released! Get it here: http://rpgmaker.net/games/2406/

Brasel
11-28-2014, 10:25 PM
Guys, go play this game. I spent a lot of time this evening streaming this game. It's a lot of fun. It's hard as balls, but that's kind of a good thing. I felt the need to master the levels rather than just blow through them.

DarkFlameWolf
11-29-2014, 04:28 PM
Ver 1.2 is out! Alongside a nice collection of fixed bugs! I also altered quite a few level design aspects which should appease those players who cried foul on the unfair aspects of certain design decisions! Hopefully this plays a lot smoother! Thanks everyone for the help on fine tuning this beast! It still is difficult and will require practice and skill to beat however!

DarkFlameWolf
12-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Version 1.3 is released! http://rpgmaker.net/games/2406/downloads/6396/
This is the definitive version of the game now. Barring any other bugs that might crop up, for which we'll release minor updates for, there should be no more drastic changes to the game, levels or its difficulty. You either need to adapt or quit, your choice. I tried to smooth out all the rough patches, but I'm holding firm to my overall difficulty setting.

Finally, in this version, I've released all the maps of the game in all their uncompressed glory. So for those who like to scour over the maps to find every detail and/or secret, you can do so here. I've also included all the completed rooms of the scrapped 100 Room Challenge idea. Unless there is enough interest for the feature, I don't think we'll complete it, but at least see what it could have been! Crazy combinations of obstacles and ideas meant to tax your platforming skills to the limit!

Either way, redownload and enjoy the game anew or for the very first time!

-Darkflamewolf

MasterSwordUltima
12-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Woah woah woah, not to totally de-rail the topic - but rpgmaker.net is back up? I thought it was down for a while.

Glad to see people still Game Maker too. :D

DarkFlameWolf
12-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Gamemaker.net has actually been up and around for 5+ years since I announced my game on that website. No idea where you've been! lol
As for those who said they've been waiting to play it or are going to, I expect LPs! j/k XD :P

Chris Miller
01-06-2015, 10:18 AM
What are the system requirements??? o_o;

It's completely tanking my laptop. I'd say it'll run at maybe 5 fps, and the sound is very choppy. Pretty much impossible to do anything. It also takes up about 600MB of RAM.

I have a Core 2 Duo at 2.1 GHz, 4GB of RAM, and nVidia graphics. It's not a speed-king, but it can play Half-Life 2 without a hiccup, and emulate some Gamecube games.

Gleeok
01-06-2015, 06:54 PM
I had downloaded this around Christmas and given this a try also, just forgot to reply here, sorry. I got past the intro stage seemingly no major problems, then, when I try and play any other stage I get major lag. :( (dual core 2 GHZ 2 GB RAMI AMD GPU - It's fast enough to run ppsspp and desmume games). This game seems very well done too.

jman2050: I don't know what GM is doing here, but it's not good, apparently. I attached a profiler to Toad Mans' stage, but unfortunately I selected the non-main thread which left out most symbols and gave some goofy results: It said that DSOUND is consiming 60% CPU on one thread, which can't possibly be right?!? I'll try it again and see if I can get something more useful.

DarkFlameWolf
01-25-2015, 05:07 PM
Just found these replies just today. Sounds like something serious. I know JMAN is looking into optimizing the code and stuff, so we'll see how it runs when 1.4 is released later this week.

C-Dawg
01-27-2015, 12:12 PM
I just noticed that this thing exists. If the game is as polished as the Trailer looks, then this is probably the best Megaman fan game to date! The lack of original art assets is kind of disappointing; it appears to be more like a remix of the old games than a new experience. However, since I really liked the old games, that should work out fine for me! I'll definitely be checking this out.

Hats off to JMan for (apparently) nailing the mechanics and physics of Megaman games so well. Did he open up a ROM and check the code they used, or did he just reverse engineer it by eyeballing the way it ran?

DarkFlameWolf
01-27-2015, 10:53 PM
Ver 1.4 is out! Thanks for all the patience and stuff during this time while we fixed a crapton of bugs and offered you D-Pad support. Finally! No more sliding woes for those who were stuck utilizing joysticks! We also addressed the issue of having the Mega Buster not blast through weak enemies as well as increase the speed of Rush Jet slightly to make it more speed runner savvy. There is a bunch more we did but you can check out the dev log for that on the download page (http://rpgmaker.net/games/2406/downloads/)! This 'should' be the final, definitive version of the game file now!
As for the biggest addition: Hard mode! It is truly sadistic with an increased amount of enemies all placed in the wrong spots to completely screw you. Not to mention you take double damage from everything! So upgrades like the Recover Chip, EX Recover and others will suddenly become quite important to you. I know it can be beaten buster only because I've done it. But I don't think it can be beaten without taking a hit. Good luck to anyone who attempts that challenge!
Enjoy the game again everyone and for those who have yet to play it, enjoy it for the first time!

Brasel
01-28-2015, 09:45 AM
I still need to finish this. Its very well put together but man, it's tough! I lost my progress when my computer crashed last month, so I'm going to have to start over. I guess I'll pick up the latest version to do that with.

Tim
01-28-2015, 11:34 AM
I did find one bug where Centaur Man's running SFX continued to play after I died and until it happened again in the boss fight.

DarkFlameWolf
01-29-2015, 06:41 AM
I still need to finish this. Its very well put together but man, it's tough! I lost my progress when my computer crashed last month, so I'm going to have to start over. I guess I'll pick up the latest version to do that with.

I'd love to see a backlogged stream of this when it finally happens. Since I probably won't actually be there at the 'right place and time' to watch the stream live.:sweat:

Brasel
01-29-2015, 11:32 AM
I'd love to see a backlogged stream of this when it finally happens. Since I probably won't actually be there at the 'right place and time' to watch the stream live.:sweat:

I understand. I need to get my streaming software reinstalled because I haven't done that since the crash. Then I can hopefully get the whole thing recorded and finally get a review done.

C-Dawg
02-01-2015, 12:50 PM
I fired up the game yesterday, finally. It is as good as the videos make look. Megaman's movements are fluid and easy. Game rocks off with your socks off. Easily my favorite thing I've seen on this forum other than zquest itself!

Minor nitpck, it wouldn't recognize my Xbox 360 controller. That would have been nice.

DarkFlameWolf
02-02-2015, 08:41 AM
Odd. I've gotten a lot of players who were able to get that type of controller to work. I think you might need to have it plugged in first before booting up the game so it recognizes it on startup. The options to modify buttons in the option menu won't appear unless it recognizes the controller first. If all else fails, Joy2Key is an option.

C-Dawg
02-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Nah, it's not a problem with the controller not being plugged in at startup; it was there from the get-go. The game plays fine without it, at least initially, but I bet I'll start to lose badly without the additional control later on, eh?

DarkFlameWolf
02-03-2015, 12:09 AM
Not necessarily. I tested the entire game on keyboard before I tried gamepad after initial release. So I just got used to and adapted to the keyboard for the entirety of the game. So its all a matter of practice.