PDA

View Full Version : ZC Crashes after Link picks up sword!

Taellyn
11-07-2014, 12:31 AM
I get the game going and it crashes as soon as Link picks up his first sword! Help!

I also apologize as this is my first time using this forum, so it takes a tad getting used to.

Gleeok
11-07-2014, 04:10 AM
._.

This post literally make me do the weird squinty-eyes thing. You know, it's that strange awkward or confused feeling you get combined with trying to see the sailboat in those hidden dot pictures that were popular in the late 90's... Yeah, that.

Taellyn
11-07-2014, 08:21 AM
You do know most browsers have a "Increase Magnification" option built in, right? Just hold down your Ctrl key & scroll your mouse up to increase size.

King Aquamentus
11-07-2014, 09:46 AM
invalid attachment specified. There's nothing there.

CaRmAgE
11-07-2014, 09:50 AM
You do know most browsers have a "Increase Magnification" option built in, right? Just hold down your Ctrl key & scroll your mouse up to increase size.

Pretty sure he meant that he was confused by your outcome, not that he couldn't read your post.

Which version of ZC are you running? This type of crash happens all the time in the DOS versions, because of a hardware problem. Even if you run the program in real DOS instead of DOSBox, the crash will still happen. Use version 2.10 or later.

Taellyn
11-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I thought that downloading and running 2.10 would help. Nope crash again. Downloaded from Shardstorm ZC210s.zip hoping it would fix the issue. Nope, new error crash. Yes before this action I tried to download the 2.50 rc2 but Chrome said it was Malware and aborted the download. Sorry there is no attachment. There was but for some reason this forum does not keep the photos, and quite frankly I am tired of jumping through hoops just to post relevant visual data. Anyway, is there anything else I can try?

King Aquamentus
11-07-2014, 10:33 AM
This may be an issue never encountered before. Try running it through ZC Launcher?

Taellyn
11-07-2014, 12:10 PM
I keep trying to locate the ZC Launcher and I cannot locate it anywhere. Found links in this forum and elsewhere only to have them be dead links. (Pun not intentional).

Saffith
11-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Yes before this action I tried to download the 2.50 rc2 but Chrome said it was Malware and aborted the download. Sorry there is no attachment.
That one's pretty old. This is the latest version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxb1ktpawdmrckg/zc-2-50-1-win.zip
Chrome will probably say that one's malware, too, because Chrome is an idiot. If you'd rather not ignore its warnings for whatever reason, it should at least let you download 2.50 here (http://www.zeldaclassic.com/downloads.php#zc).

Taellyn
11-07-2014, 11:12 PM
Saffith, Thank You!! I finally got to play, and forgot how bad I sucked at it! I love this game! BTW, why the limitations on what I want as my keys? Have my arrows on my keyboard would be a lot less confusing! Or even the number pad keys.

Saffith
11-08-2014, 01:23 AM
Are you getting the "key bindings must be unique" message? That can be a bit confusing, since they're split between two dialogs. Check the buttons first to make sure there isn't one mapped to a key you'd rather use as a direction.

Taellyn
11-10-2014, 01:14 AM
Thank You very Much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Much better! :-) I appreciate everyone's help!