PDA

View Full Version : Component Cables for SNES/Genesis Kickstarter

Brasel
11-03-2014, 01:00 PM
These are cables I really want. I'll be backing this on payday to get an SNES cable. Hopefully they'll reach their goals. Composite cables for SNES and Genesis just don't cut it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hdretrovision/sega-genesis-and-super-nintendo-component-cables

King Aquamentus
11-03-2014, 05:38 PM
I still have a CRT myself, lol. This could be good though especially on some big screens.

Brasel
11-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I don't have a bigger CRT anymore. I do have a 52 inch plasma that I play my games on. I have an S Video cable that works pretty well for my SNES, but Component would be a welcome upgrade. I've looked into going the SCART RGB route too, but I'm not sure if I want to spend the money on all the parts required.

rock_nog
11-03-2014, 06:46 PM
I'd settle for some reasonably-priced Gamecube component cables. Shoot, it's cheaper just to go out and buy an older-model Wii and some component cables than to actually buy Gamecube-specific ones. Also wouldn't mind some NES component cables, honestly - there's just no way to hook up an NES to a modern TV without it looking like crap.

Brasel
11-04-2014, 12:54 AM
I have GameCube Component Cables. They only work on the GameCube.

My NES doesn't look terrible on my plasma with composite cables. I just may be used to it now.