PDA

View Full Version : I am having a problem with the fullscreen option in 2.50.

Boltaanjistman
10-31-2014, 08:59 PM
Whenever I run the game in fullscreen, the screen flashes over and over in a blue color. if I uncheck cap fps in the options, it stops, but the game is unplayable that way, as the game speed is absurdly fast. I have tried playing in windowed mode, but it is too darn small. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Boltaanjistman
10-31-2014, 09:24 PM
I have actually fixed the fullscreen problem, but the fps is terrible while in fullscreen. :(

Gleeok
11-01-2014, 02:23 AM
What OS are you running? What is the FPS while in fullscreen?

There are a few options you can change in the config file: "vsync", and "disable_direct_updating". One of these may help.
A lot of users run windows 7/8 without any major problems so it should be something that is easily fixable.

Nicholas Steel
11-01-2014, 07:23 AM
And you can also try Tiple Buffering, but don't use it in conjunction with Vsync as my past experience with that combination wasn't pleasant (precisely Double speed).

Boltaanjistman
11-01-2014, 03:38 PM
my os is windows 8, but not by choice. also vsync was already disabled, though i did try to enable the "disable_direct_updating" option, and enabled the triple buffering option, and tried different combinations of enabling and disabling the three, but the fps never raises beyond 36 while in fullscreen. i did find a scanlines option in the cfg, which i think looks awesome, but it doesnt actually make a differance though.

Boltaanjistman
11-01-2014, 03:50 PM
After trying a load of differant combos of options in the cfg including "colordepth" i managed to raise the fps to 45 or so, kinda playable, but still atrocious.

Gleeok
11-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Hmm... IIRC dwm_flush only works in windowed mode. Does running ZC in compatibility mode make a difference?

What you can do in the meantime, or if all else fails, is set the res_x/y settings to match your desktop resolution settings and have a window that fills the screen that way. Not quite the same but it works well -- this is actually what I prefer.

I think it's about time we need to compile a Windows 8 FAQ and troubleshooting guide.