PDA

View Full Version : Tonight is my last night with Dial up

Ventus
10-16-2014, 07:23 PM
For the first time in my life I will be have Highspeed internet (DSL by At&t Uverse) and tonight is my last night of using dial up ever! for 12 years I've using dial up at home, I've always dreamed of having faster internet at home where I can relax and look at pages without having to wait 15 +Mins for a page to load.

And now I'll be able to watch Internet videos and maybe just maybe do a half assed attempt at online gaming. GOODBYE DIAL UP :finger: AND HELLO NO LIFE!!! :pimp:
Sorry I just wanted to throw this out there and I'm very excited for once about something in my life!

erm2003
10-16-2014, 09:45 PM
Haha congrats! You are last of a rare breed sir, but once you get used to the new speed you will wonder how you ever dealt with dial-up in the first place.

mrz84
10-16-2014, 10:11 PM
Grats! I felt the same myself when I left dial-up behind for faster internet speeds. :kitty:

Ventus
10-17-2014, 12:13 AM
Yep thanks guys I'm feeling pretty darn good! There is nothing right now that can bum me out right now :D

SUCCESSOR
10-17-2014, 12:50 AM
People still use dial-up?!!!!

JK. Good to hear. I haven't used dial up since the 08/09 days when my highspeed internet got disconnected and I jumped to the free dialup crap Juno and whatever the other one is called. If you alternate between the two you never have to pay. Once I switched from landline to cells that option went out the window. Though I have never missed it. I feel sorry that you had to keep that awfulness around for so long.

CONGRATS!!!

Ventus
10-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Well I have the new INTERNET and holy shit its freakin fast as hell. The installer came out first thing this morning and set us up and everything went smoothly. I just can't believe I can enjoy the net now!!

Ventus
10-17-2014, 08:07 PM
Well after a day of awesomeness I can say that I'm very happy, Here is a speed test result of my speed, also sorry for bumping :P

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3840176588.png