PDA

View Full Version : How do I put an item cellar in the same room as the Map?

Coyotek4
10-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Simple question, but one which I do not have a ready answer, as rooms in general can only have one special item.

Specifically, I would like a room that, the first time through, drops the map when the enemies are defeated ... but also has a pushable block that leads to an item cellar.

Is this possible?

CJC
10-10-2014, 06:28 PM
Yes. The item dropped by enemies is the screen item, whereas the item found in the cellar is the Special Item.

Set the Enemies->Item enemy flag in screen data, set the Item to Map, and then set the room type to Special Item and set the Special Item to whatever you want in the cellar. Then place a Cave/Item Cellar tile warp on the screen and include some stairs that match that warp letter (So Stairs A combo for an A warp). You'll probably want to trigger the stairs with the Stair Flag, which is in the bottom hud of the editor, and then set the Stairs secret combo to a Stair combo.

Coyotek4
10-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Yes. The item dropped by enemies is the screen item, whereas the item found in the cellar is the Special Item.

Set the Enemies->Item enemy flag in screen data, set the Item to Map, and then set the room type to Special Item and set the Special Item to whatever you want in the cellar. Then place a Cave/Item Cellar tile warp on the screen and include some stairs that match that warp letter (So Stairs A combo for an A warp). You'll probably want to trigger the stairs with the Stair Flag, which is in the bottom hud of the editor, and then set the Stairs secret combo to a Stair combo.

Thx ... I'll try to implement this after I fix a more serious concern.